Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

First Class benefits for a Classic Award booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class benefits for a Classic Award booking?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:56 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I think we may all decide to not answer any of your questions in future Luke09 if you respond to substantial contributors to FT like that.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by LukeO9
Nice try though eh?
If it strokes your ego to think that.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by nux
No. An overnight connection does not provide an additional two chauffeur services from/to connection point.
I'm sure I had the option to have a chauffeur to/from MEL while doing QF10/QF9 from LHR > PER via MEL with a long connection in each.

Last edited by SW7London; Aug 29, 2015 at 11:00 am
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:45 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by drb1979
I'm sure I had the option to have a chauffeur to/from MEL while doing QF10/QF9 from LHR > PER via MEL with a long connection in each.
You did QF10/QF9 from MEL-PER? Did QF9 detour via PER?

Dave
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:50 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Ya kidding me?
The question was clarified before you even posted.
11:59 is the next morning, and if in the affirmative (the answer to my question) a change to afternoon, even evening would be a great idea....yes?
Stop responding to questions you can't answer. Or perhaps you could explain why he/she went to the trouble of putting one of his words in italic.
Thank you.
Nice try though eh?
I was wondering, since the QF10 gets into MEL late and cannot connect to eligible ports, does the Chauffeur service include transfer from MEL that night and back the next morning?.....and from the connecting port as well?
Originally Posted by og
There are hotels at MEL airport - walking distance from the terminal.
If you don't know the answer, don't respond to the question.
Originally Posted by og
Seems strange to want to travel into MEL city at late o'clock just to turn around again in the morning (?) and go back to the airport. My comment was aimed at being constructive. Have a great day.
As you should know, connections/transfers can be made up 24h apart.
My question is based on whats offered during stopovers (e.g. Dubai Connect).
Originally Posted by Globaliser
But that is not what you asked about, which was "... does the Chauffeur service include transfer from MEL that night and back the next morning?"

Hence a very sensible suggestion (if I may say so) from og, who's been around here for a long time and knows a great deal about sensible solutions to problems. And who certainly doesn't deserve a rude retort from you.
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I think we may all decide to not answer any of your questions in future Luke09 if you respond to substantial contributors to FT like that.
Originally Posted by Globaliser
If it strokes your ego to think that.

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Aug 31, 2015 at 2:23 am Reason: PUI
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:21 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Nice try though eh?
No it's not a nice try. It defies logic. That I know for 100 % surity. That's why I advised that there ARE hotels at the airport. Is that too hard to understand.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 11:12 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by nux
No. An overnight connection does not provide an additional two chauffeur services from/to connection point.
That is a difference to EK then. Flying EK in first/business from NZ you get chaffeur transfers in Australia if stopping overnight or longer.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by thadocta
You did QF10/QF9 from MEL-PER? Did QF9 detour via PER?

Dave
No, QF9/10 to/from LHR and MEL connecting to a QF domestic flight. Both times I've done this trip previously I had chauffeur available to take me to/from MEL airport while staying overnight on a connection(not stopover)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.