Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

First Class benefits for a Classic Award booking?

Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Diamond/Ambassador, QF LTG, VA G, Marriot LTG, Radisson VIP, Hertz Presidents Club

Hi,

I have booked my Wife a First Class ticket as a Classic Award booking flying:

London -> Dubai with Qantas
Dubai -> Melbourne with Emirates

As it Classic Award booking using Qantas frequent flyer points will she still be eligible for the same First Class ticket benefits as a purchased ticket, i.e.

1. Will she be invited for a complementary Spa treatment at LHR?
2. Will she get a complementary Chauffeur Drive pickup service on departure to LHR?
3. Will she get a complementary Chauffeur Drive drop off service on arrival from MEL?

Thanks

Last edited by Tossa; Aug 19, 2015 at 2:16 am
Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
All should be available - the Chauffeur service with Qantas can be booked online.

Any Spa treatment normally available to First passengers should be available. I am not aware of how this might work ex LHR.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
I can't think of one benefit - in any class - that's available to a cash-paying passenger that isn't available to an Award-paying passenger ... except for the opportunity with (*some*) cash-paying fares to apply for the upgrade lottery ... which doesn't apply for First!!

If anyone can - I'm all ears.

Regards,

BD
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:15 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Tossa
Hi,

I have booked my Wife a First Class ticket as a Classic Award booking flying:

London -> Dubai with Qantas
Dubai -> Melbourne with Emirates

As it Classic Award booking using Qantas frequent flyer points will she still be eligible for the same First Class ticket benefits as a purchased ticket, i.e.

1. Will she be invited for a complementary Spa treatment at LHR?
2. Will she get a complementary Chauffeur Drive pickup service on departure to LHR?
3. Will she get a complementary Chauffeur Drive drop off service on arrival from MEL?

Thanks
Yes as mentioned by serfty and BD1959, your wife will be entitled to all of the benefits of a revenue F fare.
This includes Spa treatments at LHR and DXB. The Spa at LHR for QF is the No1 Traveller Spa and Lounge above the BA lounges. She should ask at check-in for the First Host to be contacted to book the treatment. In DXB, F passengers book their own treatment at the front desk in the Spa. It is outside the lifts on the R hand side before the doors to the F Lounge.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I expect the limo transfer is only in Sydney or Melbourne coming off an F flight, but would not be given if flying onward to a smaller centre like Hobart in J.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
I expect the limo transfer is only in Sydney or Melbourne coming off an F flight, but would not be given if flying onward to a smaller centre like Hobart in J.
Hobart, among others, makes the cut:

Connect from domestic and trans-Tasman flights
First or Business customers connecting between a domestic or trans-Tasman flight from Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch to an eligible Qantas international flight will also be eligible for complimentary Chauffeur Drive transfers.

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...rive/global/en
Old Aug 26, 2015, 5:58 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by DH188
Connect from domestic and trans-Tasman flights
First or Business customers connecting between a domestic or trans-Tasman flight from Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Hobart, Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch to an eligible Qantas international flight will also be eligible for complimentary Chauffeur Drive transfers.
I was wondering, since the QF10 gets into MEL late and cannot connect to eligible ports, does the Chauffeur service include transfer from MEL that night and back the next morning?.....and from the connecting port as well?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:21 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by LukeO9
I was wondering, since the QF10 gets into MEL late and cannot connect to eligible ports, does the Chauffeur service include transfer from MEL that night and back the next morning?.....and from the connecting port as well?
There are hotels at MEL airport - walking distance from the terminal.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by og
There are hotels at MEL airport - walking distance from the terminal.
If you don't know the answer, don't respond to the question.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:57 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
If you don't know the answer, don't respond to the question.
Seems strange to want to travel into MEL city at late o'clock just to turn around again in the morning (?) and go back to the airport. My comment was aimed at being constructive. Have a great day.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by og
Seems strange to want to travel into MEL city at late o'clock just to turn around again in the morning (?) and go back to the airport. My comment was aimed at being constructive. Have a great day.
As you should know, connections/transfers can be made up 24h apart.
My question is based on whats offered during stopovers (e.g. Dubai Connect).
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
As you should know, connections/transfers can be made up 24h apart.
But that is not what you asked about, which was "... does the Chauffeur service include transfer from MEL that night and back the next morning?"

Hence a very sensible suggestion (if I may say so) from og, who's been around here for a long time and knows a great deal about sensible solutions to problems. And who certainly doesn't deserve a rude retort from you.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:00 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
No. An overnight connection does not provide an additional two chauffeur services from/to connection point.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
But that is not what you asked about, which was "... does the Chauffeur service include transfer from MEL that night and back the next morning?"

Hence a very sensible suggestion (if I may say so) from og, who's been around here for a long time and knows a great deal about sensible solutions to problems. And who certainly doesn't deserve a rude retort from you.
Ya kidding me?
The question was clarified before you even posted.
11:59 is the next morning, and if in the affirmative (the answer to my question) a change to afternoon, even evening would be a great idea....yes?
Stop responding to questions you can't answer. Or perhaps you could explain why he/she went to the trouble of putting one of his words in italic.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by nux
No. An overnight connection does not provide an additional two chauffeur services from/to connection point.
Thank you.
Nice try though eh?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.