Wiki Posts
Search

QF vs SB (Aircalin) for SYD-NOU in Y

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:34 am
DCF

Programs: Etihad Guest
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Yes, but those in the known realise that before... Still much cheaper than flying to France... Actually, New Caledonia produces excellent milk products, but they are all exported and you can buy only long life products imported from France in there...

OT - New Caledonia is not that bad for foreigners (yes, expensive, but have you been to Scandinavia? I have!), but can you imagine how it is for Kanaks? All better jobs are being hold by French expats and last time I was there, there was no local University. The only option for New Caledonians was to study oversees, preferably in France...
I think that you and m0hamed completely misunderstand Melanesian race relations.

The half of the New Caledonian population that is indigenous massively outperforms all of its Melanesian cousins - including Australian Aborigines - on every indicator from life expectancy to GDP per capita to literacy to infant mortality to cellphone ownership.

Yes, there is a sad history, in part because the most racist French colonialists moved to Noumea after defeat in Vietnam and Algeria. But that generation is almost all dead and buried now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.