Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Los Angeles / LAX Qantas First Class Lounge [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty
For access to the Qantas First Lounge at TBIT just one of the following needs to be true:
  1. Non US (not AAdvantage and not Mileage Plan) oneworld Emerald departing on a oneworld Marketed and operated flight.
  2. AAdvantage or Mileage Plan Emerald departing on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight NOT solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  3. First Class passengers departing on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  4. Passengers in First Class on a flight longer than five hours connecting§ to/from an international or domestic short haul (five hours or less) oneworld Marketed and Operated flight and not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  5. *Recent Reports Indicate Access via the following Criteria is being Denied with patrons being sent to the Flagship Lounge in T4*: .First Class passengers^ travelling on a three class transcontinental American Airlines Marketed and Operated flight on a designated route (e.g. between Los Angeles & New York).
* A "North American* Itinerary" for AAdvantage elites is travel on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. A "North American* Itinerary" for Alaska Mileage Plan elites is travel to destinations in the U.S.A., Canada and Mexico (unless they are connecting to or from an international long-haul flight in a premium cabin on the same day).

§ Connecting the same day or before 6am the following day. Such Lounge access is based on the class of services of the long haul flight (First or Business) regardless of the class of travel on the short haul flight.

^ Regarding AA EXP in any cabin. This is a "Class of Service" based access, so status should not be relevant. Rules indicate NO ACCESS unless in First on 3 class transcon, but there had been some contradictory experiences about this. Early on EXP based access had sometimes been granted; not so much these days. Presumably this related to confusion about the rules on behalf of the agents.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING, YOUR QUESTION MAY BE ANSWERED HEREIN

Lounge access rules

All non-AA and Non-AS Oneworld Emerald members have access to this lounge on any oneworld itinerary regardless of cabin or final destination.

AA EXP have access when traveling to all destinations outside North America and Mexico City. Includes if pax is flying LAX-DFW-LHR because you are flying internationally that day.

No Class of Service access for domestic F without non AA and non AS Emerald status unless on designated (generally 3-class) flights to JFK and MIA.

Passengers on any 3-cabin AA flight to JFK, BOS or MIA in First Class.

Emirates pax do not have access except for Qantas Platinum One. EDIT: Appears to be that Qantas removed that access criteria from their lounge access page so I wouldn't count on this working.

No access if connecting to a non-Oneworld airline or partner.

Separate tickets within oneworld do not matter other than it has to be same day . E.g. QF F to AA Y on the same day.

To walk from T4 to TBIT will take approximately 10 minutes one way so plan accordingly if visiting this lounge.

More detail here: Lounge Access | oneworld.com

Qantas.com Access Rules, with specific carve-out for transcon markets.

Print Wikipost

Los Angeles / LAX Qantas First Class Lounge [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2017, 6:51 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
yes..
Old Oct 13, 2017, 7:19 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
yes..
Interesting. I wonder what would happen if two F groups requested them afterwards.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:12 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by m0hamed
You have managed to book one of these two suites not being a F pax?
They could have been in Y or J holding Emerald status...
Old Oct 14, 2017, 1:22 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
They could have been in Y or J holding Emerald status...
I am aware how lounge access works and that wasn't the question.

The question was whether the private suites were solely for F pax, WP or higher or anyone who has access? Follow up question was if a F pax asked for one when a lesser CoS service pax had would they be moved? For the later I would expect yes.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: Priority Gold, UA, DL
So I'm looking at flights and planning on flying pek-lax then have a long layover the flight from pek thays arrives at 3:15 ( flight onto Charlotte same day 1055pm or have the option 1230am technically the following day).

I'm flying paid biz and have executive platinum status on as will I have access to the Qantas first class lounge with either option or nether.

I'm super confused bye the legal like nature of there rules
Thanks ahead of time for any help.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by bthorny
So I'm looking at flights and planning on flying pek-lax then have a long layover the flight from pek thays arrives at 3:15 ( flight onto Charlotte same day 1055pm or have the option 1230am technically the following day).

I'm flying paid biz and have executive platinum status on as will I have access to the Qantas first class lounge with either option or nether.

I'm super confused bye the legal like nature of there rules
Thanks ahead of time for any help.
As an Executive Platinum on an international route, you'll have access to Qantas First. Enjoy! The 12:30am flight would still qualify as "same day" for lounge access purposes, so you're still good to enter if you choose that flight.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:17 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by brewdog11
As an Executive Platinum on an international route, you'll have access to Qantas First. Enjoy! The 12:30am flight would still qualify as "same day" for lounge access purposes, so you're still good to enter if you choose that flight.
It applies until 6AM the next day.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Lunch isn't served until 11:30AM, is that correct? Trying to plan for my next trip and want to experience more than just breakfast
Old Dec 2, 2017, 1:01 pm

Lounge access rules in the wiki are a bit confusing - "AA EXP have access when traveling to all destinations outside North America and Mexico City. Includes if pax is flying LAX-DFW-LHR because you are flying internationally that day."

So does that mean that an AA EXP flying LAX-MEX has access to the QF lounge? Or no access?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by olouie
Lounge access rules in the wiki are a bit confusing - "AA EXP have access when traveling to all destinations outside North America and Mexico City. Includes if pax is flying LAX-DFW-LHR because you are flying internationally that day."

So does that mean that an AA EXP flying LAX-MEX has access to the QF lounge? Or no access?

On the QF web page, these footnotes are listed below the image of who is allowed in.

-----
* Due to capacity constraints, access for members and their guests to the Qantas, British Airways and Cathay Pacific oneworld lounge in Los Angeles is subject to space availability.

^ Lounge access eligibility is based on the class of travel, Qantas club membership or the Frequent Flyer Membership tier for your next onward flight.

+ Jetstar refers to Jetstar Airlines (JQ), Jetstar Asia (3K), Jetstar Japan (GK) and Jetstar Pacific (BL).

# A oneworld marketed flight refers to a flight with a oneworld flight number, eg QF1 or AA222. A oneworld operated flight refers to the actual aircraft or 'metal' on which you fly, eg Finnair aircraft.

~ AAdvantage Executive Platinum and Platinum members regardless of Emerald or Sapphire status are not eligible for lounge access when travelling on American Airlines operated flights solely within the United States or between the United States and the Caribbean, Canada, or Mexico (except Mexico City).

https://www.qantas.com/travel/airlin...unge/global/en

Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by olouie

Short answer: yes to access!

Longer answer: The EXP flying LAX to MEX on AA should have entry under oneworld status based access rules. (Although they may get an opportunity to "re-educate" lounge staff.)

For "simplicity" check the 2nd dot point and it's footnote of the list at the top of the wiki.

Last edited by serfty; Dec 2, 2017 at 5:03 pm
Old Dec 2, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by serfty
The EXP flying LAX to MEX on AA should have entry under oneworld status based access rules. (Although they may get an opportunity to "re-educate" lounge staff.)

For "simplicity" check the entry list near the end of the wiki.
Can confirm that an EXP flying LAX-MEX on AA does have access to the QF F lounge. I've done this many times, most recently less than one month ago. MEX is considered "international" for lounge access purposes.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
New Winter Menu

Just passing through today, and the new winter menu for the LAX QF F Lounge came into effect.

I tried the steelhead trout, and ice cream sundae, and both were delicious. Luckily I have a long layover, so probably have another round of something later.

Not sure how well the menu picture turned out, but here it is anyway,,

Last edited by teemuflyer; Dec 18, 2017 at 3:17 pm Reason: updated picture
Old Dec 11, 2017, 7:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
OK.. I don't know what is going on, but some of these new "updates" in the FT software are messing with me... Tried twice to upload, attach photo.. no luck
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:41 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
OK.. I don't know what is going on, but some of these new "updates" in the FT software are messing with me... Tried twice to upload, attach photo.. no luck
[mod hat] Internet Brands (the owner of FT and the software) is aware of the issues and are working on them. I don't have a timeline per issue at this point. [/mod hat]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.