Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Los Angeles / LAX Qantas First Class Lounge [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: serfty
For access to the Qantas First Lounge at TBIT just one of the following needs to be true:
  1. Non US (not AAdvantage and not Mileage Plan) oneworld Emerald departing on a oneworld Marketed and operated flight.
  2. AAdvantage or Mileage Plan Emerald departing on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight NOT solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  3. First Class passengers departing on a oneworld Marketed and Operated flight not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  4. Passengers in First Class on a flight longer than five hours connecting§ to/from an international or domestic short haul (five hours or less) oneworld Marketed and Operated flight and not solely on a "North American* Itinerary".
  5. *Recent Reports Indicate Access via the following Criteria is being Denied with patrons being sent to the Flagship Lounge in T4*: .First Class passengers^ travelling on a three class transcontinental American Airlines Marketed and Operated flight on a designated route (e.g. between Los Angeles & New York).
* A "North American* Itinerary" for AAdvantage elites is travel on solely domestic flights within the U.S. or between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. A "North American* Itinerary" for Alaska Mileage Plan elites is travel to destinations in the U.S.A., Canada and Mexico (unless they are connecting to or from an international long-haul flight in a premium cabin on the same day).

§ Connecting the same day or before 6am the following day. Such Lounge access is based on the class of services of the long haul flight (First or Business) regardless of the class of travel on the short haul flight.

^ Regarding AA EXP in any cabin. This is a "Class of Service" based access, so status should not be relevant. Rules indicate NO ACCESS unless in First on 3 class transcon, but there had been some contradictory experiences about this. Early on EXP based access had sometimes been granted; not so much these days. Presumably this related to confusion about the rules on behalf of the agents.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING, YOUR QUESTION MAY BE ANSWERED HEREIN

Lounge access rules

All non-AA and Non-AS Oneworld Emerald members have access to this lounge on any oneworld itinerary regardless of cabin or final destination.

AA EXP have access when traveling to all destinations outside North America and Mexico City. Includes if pax is flying LAX-DFW-LHR because you are flying internationally that day.

No Class of Service access for domestic F without non AA and non AS Emerald status unless on designated (generally 3-class) flights to JFK and MIA.

Passengers on any 3-cabin AA flight to JFK, BOS or MIA in First Class.

Emirates pax do not have access except for Qantas Platinum One. EDIT: Appears to be that Qantas removed that access criteria from their lounge access page so I wouldn't count on this working.

No access if connecting to a non-Oneworld airline or partner.

Separate tickets within oneworld do not matter other than it has to be same day . E.g. QF F to AA Y on the same day.

To walk from T4 to TBIT will take approximately 10 minutes one way so plan accordingly if visiting this lounge.

More detail here: Lounge Access | oneworld.com

Qantas.com Access Rules, with specific carve-out for transcon markets.

Print Wikipost

Los Angeles / LAX Qantas First Class Lounge [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Just tried visiting today on an AA FF transcon. Can confirm that they no longer accept these tickets as valid for entry. I spoke with an agent who seemed highly competent and not at all power tripping. She informed that AA has specifically directed them to stop accepting transcon F tickets as they do not want to pay anymore (which seems consistent with AA preparing to jettison F altogether). She proactively acknowledged that the oneworld website suggests that there is access, but stated that that is in fact inaccurate. IMHO I am very inclined to believe that transcon F will no longer get access anymore.
Old Nov 23, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by work2fly

Autumn menu

Looks to be the same as the summer menu. However, service was excellent and everything we had was fresh, well prepared, and tasty.
No champagne, or other types of bubbles?
Old Nov 23, 2022, 4:42 pm

Wink Great review

Very detailed review and pictures, I think people should attach photos in their posts just like you. Thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2022, 9:01 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
No champagne, or other types of bubbles?
Bubbles aren’t on the menu in QF F lounges, they tell you the availability when you’re there. IIRC, it’s something decent and mid tier now. NV for sure.
estnet likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 11:13 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
As of three weeks ago, Nicolas Feuillatte was the "on request" offering.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, BA Silver, Marriott Plat., Hertz Pres. Circle, Avis First
They typically have Mumm, Nicolas Feuillatte, and Tattinger.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Bubbles aren’t on the menu in QF F lounges, they tell you the availability when you’re there. IIRC, it’s something decent and mid tier now. NV for sure.
Not exactly correct. From https://www.executivetraveller.com/f...utumn+2022.pdf

And they used to at LAX too..
Old Nov 28, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Anyway, I’m pretty sure I can get in showing my BAG card, but curious if the EI flight would make my AA OWE sufficient for access. This is more of a mental exercise. Thanks.
Yes, BA Gold will get you access for the LAX-SEA leg.

If you were only AA EXP it would not, since EI is not a part of oneWorld, so this wouldn't be an international itinerary that AA EXP would grant access. If you were flying BA over the pond it would.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Muckus
They typically have Mumm, Nicolas Feuillatte, and Tattinger.
And Nick Rose which is what I usually drink. These are all the same ones that they had pre-pandemic.

Bummed that the menu hasn't changed for fall, but the pork and seavbass have been pretty good.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
And Nick Rose which is what I usually drink. These are all the same ones that they had pre-pandemic.

Bummed that the menu hasn't changed for fall, but the pork and seavbass have been pretty good.
I'll be at the lounge for the first time this coming weekend and was wondering which of those champagnes, if any, would be like LPGS? I love LPGS. Do any of them compare or LPGS would be considered better than what QF F has? Which of the champagnes they do have is considered the best? Just recently getting into champagne so dont know too much.

At any rate, cant wait to finally try the food at this lounge after being wrongly denied 3 different times pre Covid. I have yet to have a truly good meal in a US airport lounge. FFD is a joke, as far as the actual food. I was let down even at AF LP lunch but their scrambled eggs for breakfast were amazing.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
DP: tried accessing the lounge as OWE with both AA and AS, flying FJ. Was told that I was not eligible since I was not Emerald with one of the sponsoring airlines. This seems to be in line with the published policy, although differs from some of the previous reports and from OMAAT's experience
Old Nov 28, 2022, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by jona970318
DP: tried accessing the lounge as OWE with both AA and AS, flying FJ. Was told that I was not eligible since I was not Emerald with one of the sponsoring airlines. This seems to be in line with the published policy, although differs from some of the previous reports and from OMAAT's experience
Flying FJ in J? I have that scenario coming up in early 2023 was a bit confused on which lounge I would use. I recall the OMAAT article saying FJ has a deal with the Star Alliance but also b/c of OW connect you can get to OW J lounge also? Both are nice, as long as its not the Sky Team one.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Flying FJ in J? I have that scenario coming up in early 2023 was a bit confused on which lounge I would use. I recall the OMAAT article saying FJ has a deal with the Star Alliance but also b/c of OW connect you can get to OW J lounge also? Both are nice, as long as its not the Sky Team one.
Flying J.

Was able to access the OW J lounge next door based on the ticketed cabin. But I believe lounge access based on status is only applicable to the few 'sponsoring airlines'
Old Nov 28, 2022, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by jona970318
Flying J.

Was able to access the OW J lounge next door based on the ticketed cabin. But I believe lounge access based on status is only applicable to the few 'sponsoring airlines'
okay thanks, good to know. So I'll plan on OW J but if OMAAT article info is still current FJ J allows access to Star Alliance due to a special arrangement so that would be even nicer.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
okay thanks, good to know. So I'll plan on OW J but if OMAAT article info is still current FJ J allows access to Star Alliance due to a special arrangement so that would be even nicer.
They did provide invitation to the *A lounge as well. Opted for the OW one instead...totally forgot the *A one has a nice outdoor terrace...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.