Community
Wiki Posts
Search

appalling Business class with Qantas

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2015, 12:32 am
Original Poster

appalling Business class with Qantas

I have just flown home from Singapore to Brisbane business class.
Absolutely unbelievable, if they think they can compete with the Asian airlines they are seriously in trouble.

The evening meal was either cheese and crackers/ OR soup or some other small item. No cloth on the table just plonked down by very ordinarily staff.

Breakfast was a quick go past no hand towels after waking up no table mats just a quick what do you want. cereal/fresh fruit OR some sort of egg tart. No bread just one of these items plonked down on the bare table if you were lucky you got a juice or maybe a cup of tea. If any one pays the price for a business class fair with Qantas they are wasting their money big time.
maybe this is their new cost cutting measures but we certainly wont be choosing to fly with them again. Can only begin to imagine what the people in economy didnt get .
Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:11 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Hmmm, I've never had a problem.

Since this is your first post and it is a post rubbishing Qantas, could you provide any pics of the duff food offerings and bare tray to confirm what you have said?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:23 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by creampuff

Since this is your first post and it is a post rubbishing Qantas, could you provide any pics of the duff food offerings and bare tray to confirm what you have said?
I don't think we need photo proof and should give the OP the benefit of the doubt. There might be others here who can confirm what level of service is offered on this route.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 6:40 am

Programs: Bit of this, bit of that
I've flown the reverse (QF51) albeit in Y, but I found the service to be perfectly adequate. That may also be because it is not a red eye.
Have you flown the route with any other airlines in J?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 10:41 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I have not flown BNE-SYD but have flown SIN-SYD and HKG-SYD on QF in J. IIRC the breakfast service was based on what was pre-ordered just after departure. Could it be that the OP did not pre-order (for whatever reason) and the crew were offering whatever they had as they were shutting down the galley just prior to landing? This may explain the abbreviated service including "what do you want", the lack of hot towels and lack of table cloths as they had been brought round earlier possibly while the OP was still sleeping?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by creampuff

Wow. People need to provide photographic evidence before making a comment?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 1:30 pm

Programs: QF WP
Flew SIN-BNE last month in Business and had exactly the same pathetic breakfast offering as the OP....4 slivers of fruit with a drizzle of yoghurt and half a cup of muesli...no bread/toast and no hot offering...No eggs ....just pathetic...And for the price paid clearly no value..yes, we slept and yes, we both arrived safely and ontime but Qantas needs to lift its game on the sector as many times on the MEL-BNE sector breakfast always includes an omelette...If Qantas can provide that for a domestic sector then it puzzles me why the same offering is not available on an international business sector.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 3:40 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
The catering on night return flights from Asia is not up to international J standard.

These are short flights and most pax want to sleep, however other carriers like BA, EK and EY will serve you a restaurant sized dinner, including entree, main and dessert as well as a hot breakfast. The pax should have a choice beyond the limited offerings.

QF offers 'small plates' for supper than a lacklustre breakfast. We had to fight for a hot egg option after they introduced the 'cafe breakfast.'

Last time we returned from NRT we are in the JL F Lounge because we knew what to expect. First time flyers on this service may not, and it's even worse considering the lack of food in the NRT QP.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: QFF
I don't remember QF52 J service being like that. Then again, only time I've been on it was when they still used a 747.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Personally I wish QF would introduce a sleeper service like what BA offers for East Coast to LHR flights. Flights of 6-8 hours are too short for overnights and its better to eat on the ground and then sleep properly.
Old Feb 7, 2015, 6:08 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Personally I wish QF would introduce a sleeper service like what BA offers for East Coast to LHR flights. Flights of 6-8 hours are too short for overnights and its better to eat on the ground and then sleep properly.
Don't they already? You can Select on Q no food and they offer to fit the mattress as soon as you reach cruising altitude. I've even been offered while on the ground.

I believe in SIN they ask in the lounge as well?
Old Feb 7, 2015, 6:50 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Don't they already? You can Select on Q no food and they offer to fit the mattress as soon as you reach cruising altitude. I've even been offered while on the ground.

I believe in SIN they ask in the lounge as well?
Just try sleeping with the clatter of cutlery on plates, crew marching backwards and forwards (with the heavy footed ones bouncing on the thin floor), and the lights up high. Makes for a tough short night flight - especially when they want to get you up 2 hrs before landing (CX let you sleep in until 1 hr before landing).
Old Feb 7, 2015, 7:03 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
SIN-BNE is a short flight and almost entirely overnight.
QF has a very good lounge in SIN and most pax will eat there before boarding.

It departs at 9pm SIN time so the service is a snack.

As for breakfast I prefer to sleep through it and get a much better version (and real coffee) on the ground, but appreciate that you should have a choice if you want it.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 3:48 am

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
i've never had an issue with QF in business, granted this was a while ago
Old Feb 8, 2015, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by m0hamed
The catering on night return flights from Asia is not up to international J standard.

These are short flights and most pax want to sleep, however other carriers like BA, EK and EY will serve you a restaurant sized dinner, including entree, main and dessert as well as a hot breakfast. The pax should have a choice beyond the limited offerings.

QF offers 'small plates' for supper than a lacklustre breakfast. We had to fight for a hot egg option after they introduced the 'cafe breakfast.'
This is how it has been for these medium haul red-eyes for some time. "Supper" really is that ... eat in the lounge is the way to go ...

Sadly, it's a similar (one small snack) supper service before the 15 hour flights back across the pacific from West Coast America every evening (FOne is fed better JFK-LAX than LAX-Oz).

I now look to book QF ex OZ, but not back to Oz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.