Community
Wiki Posts
Search

appalling Business class with Qantas

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:09 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by serfty
I agree with the description from the OP.

However, last time I flew with this relatively recent supper service philosophy I was told it was one option only - if you selected cheese, that is all you would normally receive, if selected other than cheese you would not normally receive the cheese later.

In my case, the purser was able to rustle some up for me, but it made clear that was not the philosophy.

And to re-iterate, the offerings are 'snack' size, not 'meal' size. "Small to Medium Plates" (rather than 'small' or 'large' "Plates") would be an apt description.
We were on QF22 our of NRT hence the 2 options.

On QF6 there was indeed only one choice, however we knew this and ate significantly in the QP.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 7:38 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I can understand the sentiment, however if a service offered on a flight matches that which the carrier intends for that service , then that's life

If that airline is charging more, not providing the desired service and yet the person still buys tickets with that carrier, then that is their look out surely
Agreed, however it's still an airline dictate and unfortunate for us who like maintaining loyalty but know we receive an inferior product in comparison.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 7:49 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
OK then, I'm on QF128 HKG-SYD in Business in the near future. Can anyone advise if the meal (called "Dinner" in MMB) is a real multi course , multi choice affair or the just the abbreviated weight-watchers offering? If the latter, I'll spend enough time in the FWING to get comfortably stuffed and be anaesthetised prior to the trip. Note that the front section of the 380 is now available to overcome the droopy seat syndrome
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
Agreed, however it's still an airline dictate and unfortunate for us who like maintaining loyalty but know we receive an inferior product in comparison.
The airline is only a company providing a product - doesn't make sense to continue purchasing from a company that provides a product of lesser quality at higher cost regardless of the product imo

Being loyal to oneself is the best
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:33 am

I have just flown Singapore - Brisbane (QF52) on 08FEB15 in Economy, and the meal served was more then sufficient. It is highly unlikely that Qantas would serve anything less in Business.

Dinner:

Parmesan crumbed pork with tomato relish, potato wedges, broccoli and carrots.
Herb bread.
Mango and custard apple jelly.

Breakfast:

Tomato and cheese breakfast scroll.
Season fruit salad.

Last edited by bonkiebonks; Feb 11, 2015 at 7:09 pm Reason: Resized photo.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
The dinner picture sure as hell doesn't match the description. I really wish in Y they'd drop the pretence of "fine dining". Thankfully I don't fly in Y.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by creampuff
Hmmm, I've never had a problem.

Since this is your first post and it is a post rubbishing Qantas, could you provide any pics of the duff food offerings and bare tray to confirm what you have said?
Rubbishing? Is this some new slang word?

The OP is entitled to his/her opinion, even if you don't share it.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 10:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
bonkiebonks, how about sizing your photos properly so you don't "break" the board?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace

The OP is entitled to his/her opinion, even if you don't share it.
Rubbish has a verb form with the definition Criticize severely and reject as worthless

the gerund form derived from the verb is rubbishing

The OP is indeed entitled to their opinion and nothing in that post suggests otherwise - the comment was about the OP rubbishing Qantas , not that the OP's post was rubbish

Last edited by Dave Noble; Feb 11, 2015 at 1:00 pm
Old Feb 11, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
The airline is only a company providing a product - doesn't make sense to continue purchasing from a company that provides a product of lesser quality at higher cost regardless of the product imo

Being loyal to oneself is the best
Swings and round abouts; there will no doubt be cons with any other carrier I have the option of choosing. Too senior with QF to quit them. Tried with GF they are history now. I voiced disappointment and disagreement with their "sleep" options..not mutiny
Old Feb 11, 2015, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace
Rubbish has a verb form with the definition Criticize severely and reject as worthless

the gerund form derived from the verb is rubbishing
And AIUI it's primarily an Australian usage, which is particularly apt for this forum and thread.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by Globaliser
And AIUI it's primarily an Australian usage, which is particularly apt for this forum and thread.
Not ime ; it is in the ODE and heard rubbish used in verb form in UK enough times
Old Feb 12, 2015, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Not ime ; it is in the ODE and heard rubbish used in verb form in UK enough times
You'll hear everything in the UK! One of the ultimate linguistic melting pots.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:08 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by og
OK then, I'm on QF128 HKG-SYD in Business in the near future. Can anyone advise if the meal (called "Dinner" in MMB) is a real multi course , multi choice affair or the just the abbreviated weight-watchers offering? If the latter, I'll spend enough time in the FWING to get comfortably stuffed and be anaesthetised prior to the trip. Note that the front section of the 380 is now available to overcome the droopy seat syndrome
Since nobody else has answered, I flew HKG-SYD in F about 6 months ago and that had a proper meal, fwiw. Also the food in the QF J lounge is actually better than the restaurant in the FWing at least for roast pork and generally less crowded (sadly the FWing isn't what it used to be, though the renovated cabanas are great, but otherwise too crowded to be enjoyable). QF does encourage dining in the lounge quite strongly so I suspect J meals keep declining on ex-SIN/HKG/LAX routes where QF has good lounge dining.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by justin_krusty
A lot of business people take the overnights to save time, a day flight is great but its a whole day out of action. CX was mentioned in the context of an arrivals lounge being good for all Asian routes.
Between these two options, the first one always adds more value to my business:
  • Working through a day flight, spend a full night in a hotel, and have great meetings the next day
  • Working at the office, spending a short crappy night on a flight, and have zombie meetings the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.