Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

13th Annual AGM: BNE QP Sat 21 Feb 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beardoc
Qantas Maintenance Hangar Tour. Numbers are limited (max 30). Location: Main Myrtletown Rd, Brisbane Airport, QLD 4008, Map: http://r.whereis.com/4ECcIBC
All attendees needed to supply QF WP with Scan of Photo ID, Full Name, Date of Birth & Full Address.

GOLD: Attendees: (plus QF status)
  1. QF WP - Gold
  2. Bundy Bear - Gold
  3. jojen - Plat
  4. jojen +1 - Plat
  5. SQ421 - Plat
  6. RichardMEL - Plat 1
  7. tuapekastar - Gold
  8. serfty - Plat
  9. Princesss fiona - Plat
  10. samh004 - Plat 1
  11. samh004 +1 - Bronze
  12. Bluesky - Bronze
  13. thadocta - Bronze
  14. caviack - Plat
  15. Kiwia1 - Plat
  16. penegal - Plat
  17. beardoc - Plat
  18. d00t - Plat
  19. madrooster - Plat
  20. JohnSydney2000 - Plat
  21. kpc - Plat
  22. moa999 - Plat
  23. Hvr - Plat
  24. Willyroo -
  25. boomy - Plat 1
  26. Cathaana -
  27. FlashKiwi - Plat
  28. MartinMemo
    Waitlist Cleared
Rules to follow on the day:

The following are requirements for any visitors without Red ASIC’s to Brisbane Base Maintenance (H3)
  • Drivers Licence (or Passport, 18+ card) with photo showing details above.
  • Closed in footwear is required to enter the facility.

This is not something that you can just rock up to on the day. You will not have access and you'll be the only one(s) disappointed.
Originally Posted by QF WP
I'm not going to be chasing people up by PM/email/phone etc. You're all adults and I'm not your parent or teacher ...you'll just miss out and maybe we'll see you at the QP for a drink where you'll hear all about it. Your loss...
I have updated the Wiki at the top of the page with this information.

Qantas Staff:
  • Regional GM, Qld & NT,
  • Head of Customer Experience, Brisbane,
  • Digital Media Co-ordinator
Print Wikipost

13th Annual AGM: BNE QP Sat 21 Feb 2015

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:28 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
I'm in (and for a ride to/from tour as well please if space available).

I wouldn't have said the BC would necessarily be ruled out by timings but agree with penegal that it just hasn't been great in recent years (whether the standard has dropped or familiarity has bred contempt, or both, I'm not sure).

Also, it has been disappointing turning up to the QP to the sumptuous spread that QF has put on for us in recent years as full (food wise ) as a pommie complaint box and barely touching it so was only going to have a snack/entree at the BC anyway.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:45 am

Programs: QF, HHons.
Please add me to the Gold list and for a ride to/from the tour please if my number is under 26. (WP).

Okay, just got off the phone from my QF contact. Whilst final details are being ironed out with QF Engineering, <snip>

4. Those who aren't in either list and now decide to confirm attendance - if your number on the list is 25 or under, you're in. If you are number 26 or above, you are the waitlist (hoping others will pull out) <snip>

So who's in...and who's out (in the words of Project Runway)...
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:03 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Pick me , pick me !!

Gold for the tour please QF WP
My flight dep may be changing as I might go to MEL instead for the night but I'd love to do the tour
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:04 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Still can't come would love to have been able.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
QF WP I'm a Gold dependent on what the start and end times are. I note you have 3pm (officially) listed for the start time however given the hangar tour is now on has this/will this change? I'd love to do the hangar tour as well so I realise this will extend the hours from what it was originally intended to be.

Can guest 1 into the lounge.

Last edited by madrooster; Jan 27, 2015 at 4:16 pm
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Thanks for the early heads up QF WP (post #15)- I had already booked to return Sunday evening so have plenty of time.

Looking forward to it.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by madrooster
QF WP I'm a Gold dependent on what the start and end times are. I note you have 3pm (officially) listed for the start time however given the hangar tour is now on has this/will this change?

I suspect the "AGM" part of the day will start once we are done with the hangar tour and back at the airport.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:45 pm

Programs: QF WP, HH DIA
Mr jojen & I will definitely be gold for the hangar tour.

Flight details are QF 2422 on the 20th and QF 2425 on 23rd. Staying at the Hilton.
Thanks QFWP

Jojen
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Okay, sorry these posts slipped through my net - posts #1 and 2 now updated.

Originally Posted by SQ421
Just booked flights. Staying at Hilton BNE on Saturday as I tend to at these things. Get in at 1250 local time so Breakfast Creek Lunch might be very iffy.

Get into BNE on QF1546 (arr. 1250) on Satuday, leaving BNE on QF1549 (dep. 1410) on Sunday.

I should be able to guest 2 (1 spot is already taken per discussions in this thread) upon arrival into BNE. Might be useful for those arriving at an hour that is just late enough to not bother with lunch but sufficiently early to not hang around the terminal.
Originally Posted by lowjhg
Im now gold for this event. Will stay a night at the Hilton BNE before heading back down to HBA :P
Originally Posted by thadocta
Now, colour me GOLD.

Flight details are as follows:

VA 943 SYD BNE 1300 1330
QF 557 BNE SYD 1915 2150

Confirmed and ticketted.

Dave
Originally Posted by GriseldaPugh
Mr Hancock is now Gold for this event. He will be terrorising the good people of QLD for the week in advance of the AGM and will be departing on QF637, He is one of those dreadful Platinum One types.

I can only offer my apologies in advance for him.
Originally Posted by beardoc
I've just been alerted to this - put me down as Silver, and I'm WP (for one more year only!)

Last edited by QF WP; Jan 27, 2015 at 8:49 pm
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by madrooster
QF WP I'm a Gold dependent on what the start and end times are. I note you have 3pm (officially) listed for the start time however given the hangar tour is now on has this/will this change? I'd love to do the hangar tour as well so I realise this will extend the hours from what it was originally intended to be.

From my earlier post, start time for Hanger Tour will be 2pm there!

Due to the fact we need to ferry attendees to the site, we will probably get a couple of cars (mine included) to pick people up who are flying in and drive you over. Due to existing flight bookings, the earliest we could start the tour is 2pm, so the AGM drinks & nibbles (normally 3pm) will be delayed until after the Tour.
End time is when the last person leaves the QP - so you control your own destiny. Of course, some may only be able to attend the tour - at this point, I haven't got that information as to how long it will take. Don't think any of us will be hurrying ...

You're in the Top 25 (have listed you as Silver), unless the times don't suit. But please let me know with plenty of time. If I haven't confirmation by midnight 14 February, then your place will be forfeited and given to the next number in the Silver queue. There is also interest from outside FT, but this tour is only for FT'ers at present. We can arrange another Tour for them

Last edited by QF WP; Jan 28, 2015 at 12:20 am
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

JohnSydney2000 contacted me by PM in the middle of an IST/LHR/ORD trip [from the BA Lounge in T3 no less), so I have him down as a Silver, pending confirmation he'll actually be in Australia (let along able to come to BNE).

Storyteller sadly PM'ed me to say she is a Bronze
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Okay, everything updated to here. Please check posts #1 and #2 for your details.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 9:03 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kpc
bronze
I'm going to move heaven and earth to get here Can I be participant #25 please QF WP? Flights will be booked likely last minute.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
... If I haven't confirmation by midnight 14 January...
I presume you meant 14th February ...
Old Jan 27, 2015, 11:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PeteJ
Please add me to the Gold list and for a ride to/from the tour please if my number is under 26. (WP).
Thanks to your keen eye, I have corrected your number to 23 (as you and d00t can't both be 22)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.