Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

13th Annual AGM: BNE QP Sat 21 Feb 2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beardoc
Qantas Maintenance Hangar Tour. Numbers are limited (max 30). Location: Main Myrtletown Rd, Brisbane Airport, QLD 4008, Map: http://r.whereis.com/4ECcIBC
All attendees needed to supply QF WP with Scan of Photo ID, Full Name, Date of Birth & Full Address.

GOLD: Attendees: (plus QF status)
  1. QF WP - Gold
  2. Bundy Bear - Gold
  3. jojen - Plat
  4. jojen +1 - Plat
  5. SQ421 - Plat
  6. RichardMEL - Plat 1
  7. tuapekastar - Gold
  8. serfty - Plat
  9. Princesss fiona - Plat
  10. samh004 - Plat 1
  11. samh004 +1 - Bronze
  12. Bluesky - Bronze
  13. thadocta - Bronze
  14. caviack - Plat
  15. Kiwia1 - Plat
  16. penegal - Plat
  17. beardoc - Plat
  18. d00t - Plat
  19. madrooster - Plat
  20. JohnSydney2000 - Plat
  21. kpc - Plat
  22. moa999 - Plat
  23. Hvr - Plat
  24. Willyroo -
  25. boomy - Plat 1
  26. Cathaana -
  27. FlashKiwi - Plat
  28. MartinMemo
    Waitlist Cleared
Rules to follow on the day:

The following are requirements for any visitors without Red ASIC’s to Brisbane Base Maintenance (H3)
  • Drivers Licence (or Passport, 18+ card) with photo showing details above.
  • Closed in footwear is required to enter the facility.

This is not something that you can just rock up to on the day. You will not have access and you'll be the only one(s) disappointed.
Originally Posted by QF WP
I'm not going to be chasing people up by PM/email/phone etc. You're all adults and I'm not your parent or teacher ...you'll just miss out and maybe we'll see you at the QP for a drink where you'll hear all about it. Your loss...
I have updated the Wiki at the top of the page with this information.

Qantas Staff:
  • Regional GM, Qld & NT,
  • Head of Customer Experience, Brisbane,
  • Digital Media Co-ordinator
Print Wikipost

13th Annual AGM: BNE QP Sat 21 Feb 2015

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2015, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I found the list in post #1 confusing so I have added a wiki
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Thanks for adding the Wiki serfty - that's a level of technology that's beyond me

Some Silvers have confirmed their attendance, so have moved up the list to Gold status.

A reminder to those Silvers that you have until Saturday midnight to confirm your attendance (with flight numbers where applicable) and be switched to Gold. After that, your spot will be given to any remaining on the waitlist. Can't say I haven't warned you
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by penegal
As I posted upthread, I could drive a hire car if required...
Noted, you'd better become Gold by Saturday to ensure your kind offer can be accessed. Hiring a car will however be significantly more expensive option than ~$10 each for return taxi fares per person. I need to drive out to airport, so less of an impost for me.

Originally Posted by tuapekastar
I arrive in BNE relatively early, am happy to 'fit in' to best suit the group, be it lift, taxi, camel, whatever. Looks like a tad too far to walk, otherwise I'd be up for that.
Trust me, no sane person wants to walk from the Dom terminal around to the Hangar and then back. You'd miss the AGM...
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlashKiwi
I can fit 4 and happy to drive across to the hangar. As I am now #31 on the list I may have to bring a chilly bin with some cold liquid refreshments, fold-up chair and watch the proceeding at the fence by binoculars :-(

FlashKiwi
Fingers crossed then Flashkiwi, you're "on the bubble".

Not sure of the security patrols on the road where the Hangar is situated. You might get a view from the JLounge across the tarmac and runways to the Maintenance Hangar.

Of course, coming to the AGM in isolation is still a viable option, but you might get sick of everybody telling you about the Tour
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MartinMemo
I would love to come if there is a spare +1 for me. I am local (gold coast). Can catch the train in, but am seeing that there might be need for a car. I could drive in - have a 7 seater Pajero - the last row is very small so prob closer to 5 or 6 seater with luggage.

Otherwise I am happy just to come along to the QP if there is a spot
You're now number 2 on the waitlist for the Hangar Tour. No such constraints for the QP, so you're welcome to attend. Would be good to put a face to the name finally.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 12:36 am

Programs: First Time Flyer
Noted, you'd better become Gold by Saturday to ensure your kind offer can be accessed. Hiring a car will however be significantly more expensive option than ~$10 each for return taxi fares per person. I need to drive out to airport, so less of an impost for me.
I will let you know. I may be coming in on Friday, so we will see...
Old Feb 12, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Hi QF WP, my departure details have changed. I'll probably be the first one to leave now.
Dep on VA342 at 1655
Old Feb 12, 2015, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Oh no, well at least you'll get in both the Tour and some AGM drinks Princess fiona...before the "long walk" to VA Terminal. Will update your details in post #2.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Thought this was interesting information to share, courtesy of d00t:

Originally Posted by d00t
The Flight Centre travel show is on at Southbank that weekend too. Worth checking out if only to run into airline reps.....
Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: QFF SG; VA WP; Accor Platinum; IHG Silver; HH Gold
Ok, confirming Gold status now. My mate finally got his act together about coming down to Brisbane or not.

Will be flying
20FEB15 CNS-DRW QF1874 dep 1910
21FEB15 DRW-BNE JQ673 dep 0105
22FEB15 BNE-CNS JQ932 dep 1310
Old Feb 12, 2015, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for confirming caviack - you're now Gold.

Whilst probably good for the SC's and points (assuming you chose eligible fares), that is an early arrival into BNE caviack. Thankfully you're young enough to do red eyes

Last edited by QF WP; Feb 12, 2015 at 9:52 pm
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Just had an email from the QF RGM:

The following are requirements for any visitors without Red ASIC’s to Brisbane Base Maintenance (H3)

Drivers Licence with photo showing:-
Full Name
DOB
Full Address

Closed in footwear is required to enter the facility.

If I can get these details before the day I could get the Security Office to start issuing the visitors passes to make the process a little quicker on the day.
So can I ask everybody (all of the Golds and the Silvers + Waitlists) to supply that to me by PM by Monday 5pm AEST (I'd rather have it and not need it). I'll then send off to the RGM who will then have the Security Office to start issuing the visitors passes to make the process a little quicker on the day.

I will delete the PM's after the event.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:27 pm

Programs: QFF SG; VA WP; Accor Platinum; IHG Silver; HH Gold
Thanks for confirming caviack - you're now Gold.

Whilst probably good for the SC's and points (assuming you chose eligible fares), that is an early arrival into BNE caviack. Thankfully you're young enough to do red eyes
Unfortunately it won't earn any points a it will be a classic award. Last minute tickets CNS-BNE are over $200 ow now...

I just hope there's a row of 3 available so I can get some sleep.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:41 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I'll have a passport since I don't have a license. Presume that is just as acceptable
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

RichardMEL, will check but presumably so long as you can bring something with confirming address details (obviously the only thing that a Passport doesn't have ). Would presume an 18+ card would also be acceptable ID (having the experience of needing such documentation for clients that need ID in similar circumstances).

There is no need to scan and email me your DL or Passport, I just need the details outlined above. However, just remember to bring the said document(s) so they can be confirmed against the data QF will hold.

Nobody change address in the next week

Thank you to the 2 earlybirds who have already sent me their details. The spreadsheet is set up and insertion of details is happening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.