Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF22 NRT-SYD J catering downgrade - permanent? (vs JQ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF22 NRT-SYD J catering downgrade - permanent? (vs JQ)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2014, 3:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by eminere
Another J passenger on the QF22 had to make a beeline for McDonald's on arrival: LINK
Thanks. That has definitely put QF out of the picture for NRT. Might as well fly JL, especially with F. I think (I may be wrong) the JL aircraft has Sky Suite too which means MUCH better seats in J than QF anyway.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Thanks. That has definitely put QF out of the picture for NRT. Might as well fly JL, especially with F. I think (I may be wrong) the JL aircraft has Sky Suite too which means MUCH better seats in J than QF anyway.
The B777 aircraft currently used for the JL772/JL771 service doesn't have an F cabin and it's the (not so good) Shell Flat Seat in J.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 7:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by eminere
The B777 aircraft currently used for the JL772/JL771 service doesn't have an F cabin and it's the (not so good) Shell Flat Seat in J.
Currently not, but, that's changing from December (and at least till March) although I am not sure if it is permanent:

https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inflight/in...n/index03.html
Old Sep 28, 2014, 1:36 am

Programs: QFF
JL771 leaves NRT at around the same time as QF22.
Problem is with JL772. It is impossible to connect to it from anywhere outside SYD without waiting overnight for most of the year.
You can only connect if there are no delays and you get the first flight out of CBR, MEL or BNE during daylight saving.
Old Sep 28, 2014, 2:23 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Has HKG-SYD QF128 gone the same way with the reduced meal service of QF22? Please tell me "no change". I've booked this for February 15 but will happily change to CX if the main meal service is gone. And, yes, I know I can feed in the lounge (QF and/or Fwing). Note to QF: the SCs are not critical now that I can pick up a bag of SCs for an award trip in a few weeks time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.