Wiki Posts
Search

The end of JASA'a

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Princess fiona
This is incorrect.
ASA's booked up until 30th June will earn Points and SC.
Those booked before 29th March at the old rates, those booked after 29th March at the new points and SC rates for revenue fare classes.
ASA's will be unavailable to book from 30th June.
I must have misunderstood
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:16 am

Programs: Qantas Gold
This is incorrect.
Those booked before 29th March at the old rates, those booked after 29th March at the new points and SC rates for revenue fare classes.
This is exactly how it was explained to me yesterday by the helpful lady at Qantas: it's actually great for me because on the way home (in July) I end up earning almost 2000 more miles (SC exactly the same) than on the way over at the end of June. And more miles on the NZ trip too: I had 100,000 miles to spend and wanted to use them up before they devalue the spend part of the programme as well - so this neat trick you all taught me was SO helpful: I spent a little over $800 and all my points, and booked 4 x J fares which will go some way to helping me retain Gold both this year and next. So again, thanks. And if you have any upcoming trips, this is a good way to go!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by trinitygirl
This is exactly how it was explained to me yesterday by the helpful lady at Qantas: it's actually great for me because on the way home (in July) I end up earning almost 2000 more miles (SC exactly the same) than on the way over at the end of June. And more miles on the NZ trip too: I had 100,000 miles to spend and wanted to use them up before they devalue the spend part of the programme as well - so this neat trick you all taught me was SO helpful: I spent a little over $800 and all my points, and booked 4 x J fares which will go some way to helping me retain Gold both this year and next. So again, thanks. And if you have any upcoming trips, this is a good way to go!
Not forgetting, as Princess Fiona says, that you can book Any Seat Awards right up until 30th June for travel after July 1st and they will earn at the new rate.

The gift hasn't quite finished giving!!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 1:34 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Quote:

This is incorrect.

That's great info and well done to the Call Centre for being across all the changes. There have been reports of some difficulties with ASA bookings.
Just check to make sure your FF statement says something like
" zzzzz Qantas and Jetstar Any Seat Award" next to the points deduction.

Last edited by Princess fiona; Apr 2, 2014 at 1:53 am
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by GriseldaPugh
Not forgetting, as Princess Fiona says, that you can book Any Seat Awards right up until 30th June for travel after July 1st and they will earn at the new rate.

The gift hasn't quite finished giving!!
note that some ASAs (at the same level as classic awards) booked after March 29 will apparently not be eligible for mileage or SC accrual under the new earning table.

These are ASAs currently booked in XZUP classes.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
note that some ASAs (at the same level as classic awards) booked after March 29 will apparently not be eligible for mileage or SC accrual under the new earning table.

Go right to the bottom of this page and look at the Airline Earning Table Booking Classes. You'll see that they are eligible for points and SC earn
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

that was my understanding too, but PF seemed sure that it wasnt the case. Someone is right anyway
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
that was my understanding too, but PF seemed sure that it wasnt the case
Go right to the bottom of this page and look at the Airline Earning Table Booking Classes. You'll see that they are eligible for points and SC earn.

It is not overly obvious, as in easy to find, but it is very clear. (I'd love to take the credit but serfty found it and posted the link on AFF apparently.)

It is not a question of Princess Fiona seeming sure it is just a fact.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:53 am

Wink

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
that was my understanding too, but PF seemed sure that it wasnt the case. Someone is right anyway
They are eligible for Points and SC for bookings made up to and including 30th June. This is clearly explained in the Airline Earning table at the bottom of the T&C's on Qantas.com
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by GriseldaPugh
Go right to the bottom of this page and look at the Airline Earning Table Booking Classes. You'll see that they are eligible for points and SC earn
They are eligible for Points and SC for bookings made up to and including 30th June. This is clearly explained in the Airline Earning table at the bottom of the T&C's on Qantas.com
so it is!

that's odd - I only mentioned it because a lot of people were complaining there was no earning under the new scheme.

anyways - good news I guess!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
For anyone who wants to know what the table actually says, it's this:-
^ Qantas flight segments booked in X U Z or P classes are eligible to earn Points and Status Credits only when booked as part of a Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award, for bookings created on or before 30 June 2014.
Of course, from the next day (1 July 2014) it will no longer be possible to book an ASA in those booking classes.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:17 am

so it is!

that's odd - I only mentioned it because a lot of people were complaining there was no earning under the new scheme.

anyways - good news I guess!
My boss thinks it is pretty good news. To be fair it was hidden away and a lot of newbies missed it. (Not that I am suggesting that your goodself and Mr Nob
le are newbies of course.)
Old Apr 2, 2014, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Quote:

For anyone who wants to know what the table actually says, it's this:-
Quote:

^ Qantas flight segments booked in X U Z or P classes are eligible to earn Points and Status Credits only when booked as part of a Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award, for bookings created on or before 30 June 2014.

Of course, from the next day (1 July 2014) it will no longer be possible to book an ASA in those booking classes.
Thankyou, I post almost exclusively from the App and have difficulty inserting links
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I had never even heard of JASAs until I read this thread, and I was so excited I jumped on the phone to Qantas and snaffled myself two of them. I needed 80 SCs before the end of June to keep my gold status, and I needed to get to Perth to visit my sister and have been trying to work out the cheapest way to do this: my last plan had me using points to fly to Auckland, then flying to Perth via Sydney in J (at $1020, this was $660 cheaper than flying direct to Perth from Melbourne). Imagine my delight at discovering that for 36,000 points and $210 I could fly to Perth in J and earn the 80 SCs I needed. And because on careful reading, it seems that they will still honour JASA awards that take effect after June 30 (they just won't allow you to book new ones from that date), I jumped in and snaffled the same deal for the return home, and a return trip to NZ for later in the year while I was at it. So thank you FlyerTalk - awesome score!
Congrats

pity this only has <3 months to run.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 9:53 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
so it is!

It is odd. People around these parts are normally quite intimately familiar with every #, * and other footnote symbols in the T&Cs!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.