Search

Future of Qantas

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2014, 1:18 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Future of Qantas

http://www.businesstravelerusa.com/d...ture-of-Qantas

Thought this was an interesting thread and might be expanded here for conversation if of interest
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Apparently there's to be some major announcement(s) on February 27th ...
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by serfty
Apparently there's to be some major announcement(s) on February 27th ...
Beyond the size of the pool of red ink?
Old Feb 19, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Smile

Originally Posted by Globaliser
Beyond the size of the pool of red ink?
There will be no red.
As part of the effort to reduce cos,t colour printing has been discontinued and it will only be in black and white so no red.
Well if it worked for NZ....

to this

Then make money to complete the paint job to get this.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 6:01 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Off topic I suppose
I once was an active member of their FF program but I gave up one to many massive devaluations ago
The inability to book awards long ago was the other deal breaker and I switched to rivals
That web site of theirs is the most annoying/frustrating of any carrier I have ever dealt with regards to booking an award. Total smoke and mirrors
Horrible simply horrible an embarrassment to the company!

Its a complicated business and despite Qantas with all its warts and wrinkles still ranks as one of my favorite carriers in the world when they hit their mark
Especially First Class to or from the US or the UK. Hope they can work it all out and have a customer left
Once flew first to Sydney and my bags arrived one week later
They gave me 30 AU per day for the first few days. Forgiven years ago
But Dubai really? Mixed feelings. I haven't flown them since they left Singapore except domestically.Been using Cathay/BA and Singapore
Thankfully I can find First and Business Class typically when I don't choose to pay for my ticket
Old Feb 19, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: NZ, EK, QF
Rumours are already starting to circulate regarding QF and DXB. I have heard suggestions of terminating in DXB and forwarding PAX onto an EK A380 to LHR. I honestly can't see them giving up on LHR with their own metal. I would suggest keeping QF1/2 SYD-DXB-LHR but have the current QF9/10 go via HKG in order to counter the BA A380 service to LHR. Actually with VS leaving SYD-HKG-LHR market, QF could possibly jump in there (or maybe somewhere else in Europe)
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by midkemia
Rumours are already starting to circulate regarding QF and DXB. I have heard suggestions of terminating in DXB and forwarding PAX onto an EK A380 to LHR. I honestly can't see them giving up on LHR with their own metal. I would suggest keeping QF1/2 SYD-DXB-LHR but have the current QF9/10 go via HKG in order to counter the BA A380 service to LHR. Actually with VS leaving SYD-HKG-LHR market, QF could possibly jump in there (or maybe somewhere else in Europe)
There were rumours of restoring QF29/30 to MEL-HKG-LHR on A380. Then again SIN might make more sense since there are more QF flights that hub in SIN - the extra SYD flight and PER.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 10:35 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Not that the 27th Feb is the date for Qantas's Half-Year or Interim Results.

It is expected that some form of strategy update will form part of these results.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:20 pm

Programs: NZ, EK, QF
Originally Posted by moa999

It is expected that some form of strategy update will form part of these results.
As long as they don't cut NRT before 16MAR they can do what they want! Despite all the talk about the mismanagement of QF and the dire situation they find themselves in, I really can't wait to fly with them in a few weeks time!
Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by midkemia
As long as they don't cut NRT before 16MAR they can do what they want! Despite all the talk about the mismanagement of QF and the dire situation they find themselves in, I really can't wait to fly with them in a few weeks time!
They better not cut QF from NRT at all.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
http://www.businesstravelerusa.com/d...ture-of-Qantas

Thought this was an interesting thread and might be expanded here for conversation if of interest
The posts there are a few months old. Those topics have likely already been discussed here in other threads.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 12:08 am

Programs: Qantas, American Airlines, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by moa999

I think that should read "note that" just in case there is any confusion!
Old Feb 20, 2014, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
There will be no red.

As part of the effort to reduce cost, colour printing has been discontinued and it will only be in black and white so no red.
And perhaps that which would have been printed in red ink will be printed in white ink because it would never do to confuse people by printing it in black ink as well?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 4:31 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Globaliser
And perhaps that which would have been printed in red ink will be printed in white ink because it would never do to confuse people by printing it in black ink as well?
"Qantas is highlighting its corporate identity by the use of red ink in its publications. This is our brand colour which is universally recognised for quality, longevity and commitment to safety - because safety is our first priority. And thank goodness the rubbish bin arsonists picked on someone else." (Source: anon.)
Old Feb 20, 2014, 11:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Himeno
They better not cut QF from NRT at all.
I am thinking that they may be Jetstarising that route.

Only a guess based on catering downgrade on QF and catering upgrade on JQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.