Wiki Posts
Search

Flame Free Qantas FF question please

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2013, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar, Qantas club, Enrich, Skywards
Flame Free Qantas FF question please

My husband and I am flying J class on Qatar to London in August 2014. We have Qatar points from our previous trip 2 years ago, as well as Malaysia points from last year. These points are of no value to us as we choose to now travel business class on OS trips and really find Qatar cheaper with superb service. It seems that we may be able to use points to make purchases at Doha premium terminal but with stopovers of only <1 and <2 hours, there is really insufficient time to shop plus enjoy the premium terminal.
This trip we are crediting our points to our QF FF program as we can use points for purchases here in Australia.
Is anyone aware if we are we able to transfer our QR and Malaysia points to our QF program? If so, how do we go about this please?
Sorry for my long winded query but needed to ensure that you had sufficient details to reply meaningfully.
Thank you in anticipation,
Aussienanna
Old Nov 14, 2013, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aussienanna
..Is anyone aware if we are we able to transfer our QR and Malaysia points to our QF program?..
Effectively points / miles cannot be transfered between OW freq flyer programes. With a very few ffp's its possible, but the conversion rates are poor.

Have a close look at the expiry of your QR & MH points. It may be better to build these up so you can get value from them later. Or to ensure they do not expire. Check the t&c's of the QR & MH freq flyer programs

You can use QR & MH points on QF award flights in Australia. Thats one of the benefiits of QR & MH in OneWorld

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Nov 14, 2013 at 7:59 pm
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar, Qantas club, Enrich, Skywards
Thank you Mwenenzi,
That is just the information I was seeking. I shall explore my options.
Kind regards,
Aussienanna
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems that we may be able to use points to make purchases at Doha premium terminal but with stopovers of only <1 and <2 hours, there is really insufficient time to shop plus enjoy the premium terminal.
Questions about the use of QR points best answered in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...lege-club-644/
Old Nov 15, 2013, 10:36 pm

Programs: QF
the B787 J seats DOH-LHR look excellent.
My only concern is I believe that QR occasionally, downgrades at the Gate, without compensation (VIP's & Elites have priority).
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:59 pm

I highly advise against crediting the miles to QFF (where they turn as complete loss due to the very low earn rate) or even QR's own program. Best bang for your buck is to open AA Aadvantage accounts and credit all oneworld flights to there.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:29 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by edy4eva
I highly advise against crediting the miles to QFF (where they turn as complete loss due to the very low earn rate) or even QR's own program. Best bang for your buck is to open AA Aadvantage accounts and credit all oneworld flights to there.
I disagree not because of earn/burn rate. I agree that AA is better with these.

But I suspect that this OP does not fly often enough to work with AA.

More information is needed. I stick with QF because many of my points come from CC spend and Woolies etc etc. Although this year I might just get to Gold

Last edited by Lonely Flyer; Nov 18, 2013 at 10:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.