Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Meal/alcohol on trans-tasman economy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Am I reading this correctly that meals are served on trans-tasman flights, even in economy? Is alcohol free?

Looking at QF122 specifically (ZQN-SYD). QF site says lunch. What's that like?

We're booking several people and I'd like to let everyone know what to expect. Never flown QF before.

Thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
You will get a choice from two small dishes; drinks will be offerred (including beer, wine, spirits, sodas, juice) with the meal service. After that if you wish for more drinks you will need to ask.

There can be an art in asking for additional drink - certainly not while they are still serving meals. The best second drink opportunity is when they are collecting your used dinner tray (you would see the trolley come down perhaps with some little ine bottles sitting on top). After that, you can employ the call button, and/or what I often do is to approach the galley myself with my request.

Last edited by serfty; Jun 24, 2013 at 5:10 pm
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:07 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
And it's all free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.