Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

No more WP or SG access domestic

From new oneworld website

Qantas: Qantas Frequent Flyer Platinum / Platinum OneŽ
oneworld tier status: Emerald

As a member of Qantas' frequent flyer programme, you earn points towards your tier status every time you travel on an eligible oneworldŽ flight.
You are entitled to the following oneworld benefits:
Priority First Class or Business Class check-in
Extra baggage allowance
Fast track at security lanes (at select airports)
Preferred Boarding
Preferred Seating (where offered)
Priority standby and waitlisting
Access to more than 550 airport lounges (with one guest) when travelling internationally*, including premium First Class, Business Class and frequent flyer lounges, regardless of the class of service flown that day

*North American itineraries within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean are not considered international destinations.
Each oneworld member airline reserves the right to change its frequent flyer programme rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers, and to end its frequent flyer programme in accordance with its relevant frequent flyer programme rules.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
[Title should be SG (not SC)]

I don't see that on the main page - the only relevant now is the long applicable specific restriction for AAdvantageŽ Elites. See below.

It is a mistake IMHO - that same restriction is now listed for the individual elite levels for BA, CX etc. I believe they have copied and pasted the text for each one with minimal updates. (Being based in New York now, it is possible the proof readers did not see this as a problem.)

Here is the main page - I have refreshed several times: (http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access)

oneworld lounge access for frequent flyers by tier status[/B]

Enjoy exclusive access to premium airport lounges around the world with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire frequent flyer tier status. Members of oneworld airline frequent flyer programmes with the equivalent of oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status can use any lounge offered by any oneworld airline when departing on any flight marketed and operated by any oneworld member airline, regardless of cabin class being flown.
  • Emerald tier frequent flyers can use First Class, Business Class or frequent flyer lounges.
  • Sapphire tier frequent flyers are welcome in Business Class* or frequent flyer lounges. (*does not include Qantas Domestic Business Lounges)
  • Emerald and Sapphire members may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld carrier.
  • You must be prepared to show your boarding pass and frequent flyer membership card, with oneworld Emerald or Sapphire tier status, to access a lounge.
The following exceptions apply:
  1. American Airlines and Qantas offer programmes enabling customers to pay to gain access to their lounges. These programmes are not part of the oneworld agreement, and members of these programmes are not entitled to access lounges under the oneworld agreement.
  2. American Airlines AAdvantageŽ members, regardless of their tier status or class of travel, cannot access American Airlines lounges when travelling solely on North American flights within or between the U.S., Canada, Mexico (except Mexico City), the Bahamas, Bermuda and the Caribbean. For more information, visit, http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...miralsClub.jsp
  3. Qantas Frequent Flyer Gold members, regardless of their oneworld tier status, cannot access Qantas Domestic Business Lounges.

Last edited by serfty; Jun 23, 2013 at 11:59 pm
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
point 3 serfty stands out as being odd... qantas gold card holders could be emerald in another oneworld program and be entitled to the domestic biz lounge...
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
point 3 serfty stands out as being odd... qantas gold card holders could be emerald in another oneworld program and be entitled to the domestic biz lounge...
Surely they mean Qantas club members...
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by chongcao
Surely they mean Qantas club members...
[-]No, they mean SG! SG can access the QP, but not the domestic Business lounges.

Qantas can do what they want with their "own" elites. e.g. AAvantage Plat (oneworld sapphire) are entitled to Qantas domestic Business lounge access

Last edited by serfty; Jun 24, 2013 at 6:14 am
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:04 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
It can mean that oneworld status does not allow domestic lounge access.
For QF Australian domestic and also AA Admiral Clubs it would mean only QF elites and QC and AC members and business class can can have access, as the QFF T&C state the QC membership is complimentary.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:23 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by serfty
Qantas can do what they want with their "own" elites. e.g. AAvantage Plat (oneworld sapphire) are entitled to Qantas domestic Business lounge access
AA EXP (OW Emerald) can use QF Domestic J lounges.
AA Plat (OW Sapphire) can use Qantas Club.

"Sapphire tier frequent flyers are welcome in Business Class* or frequent flyer lounges. (*does not include Qantas Domestic Business Lounges)"
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by serfty
No, they mean SG! SG can access the QP, but not the domestic Business lounges.

aa sapphires (and all other oneworld sapphires) are specifically excluded from the qantas domestic business lounges as per the quote in your earlier post.

but how can point 3 be allowed? how can qf exclude one of it's own gold card holders who happens to be an emerald in another program? emerald = access to domestic biz class lounge.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 5:17 am

Programs: QFF
The lounge access page on the oneworld site is still the same as it was before the site redesign from late last week.

Someone just copy/pasted the AA access rules across every member on the "My oneworld tier status" page.

QF Gold can't use Qantas Domestic Business Lounges as QF Domestic Business Lounges are Emerald level lounges
Old Jun 24, 2013, 5:41 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Himeno
QF Gold can't use Qantas Domestic Business Lounges as QF Domestic Business Lounges are Emerald level lounges
I think everyone is agreed on that. It is quite clear under (2) that QF gold & OW sapphire members do not have access unless QF domestic business lounges

Where it *may* get tricky under (3), is if a QF gold wants to access the lounge using an alternative OWE membership card (but crediting to QF). But I think OWE may over-ride as during November I accessed the domestic business lounge in SYD, travelling in y, using my BA Gold (OWE) card with QF gold printed on the BP as that's where I wanted the points to go.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: QF WP
For QF, it's just a branding thing, I suppose. Domestically, they have 2 types of lounges.

1. Qantas Club - that's the sapphire level lounge, and would be known as the business class lounge in other parts of the world.

2. Qantas Domestic Business Lounge - that's the emerald level lounge, and would be known as the first class lounge in other parts of the world.

But then, generally speaking, QF doesn't have first class on domestic flights. Definitely not the ones departing from domestic terminals anyway.

As for OWE, if I'm not mistaken, you would generally have this status printed on the BP for the privileges, and you would've asked the check-in agent to put in the other FF program information into the system for crediting points/miles.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:51 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] I corrected the thread title to reflect SG. This topic exist in several other forums on FT at the moment but considering the discussion here is QF focused I will leave the thread open [/mod hat].

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.