Search

J to F Upgrade QF127 SYD-HKG

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2013, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Gold Sapphire, Flying Blue Gold Elite+, TK*G
J to F Upgrade QF127 SYD-HKG

Hi,

I've just put in an upgrade request for J to F QF127 SYD-HKG, departing in a couple months time. I am a QFF Gold and wondering what the likelihood of receiving the request would be. Since QF has an F monopoly on this route, is it likely that F will be full with revenue pax?

ronnieB332
Old Jun 14, 2013, 1:25 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Not this year. The bankers are no longer flying F, and the Chinese F pax have either upgraded to private or going CX J from what I can see. QF is pretty empty to HKG in F.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 2:51 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
QF F in the 380 is great but CX J (new configuration) gives a bed with similar comfort - streets ahead of the QF SkyBed Mk2. For the relatively short flight, I think CX J is a real winner. Notwithstanding, having a F flight on the QF 380 is great especially with the meal choices and service. This is where QF shines in comparison with CX (ie CX J meals are quite ordinary). Good luck with the upgrade lottery.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 2:54 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by og
Notwithstanding, having a F flight on the QF 380 is great especially with the meal choices and service. This is where QF shines in comparison with CX (ie CX J meals are quite ordinary). Good luck with the upgrade lottery.
QF J food is also far ahead of CX J food. It's the worst J food (apart from JQ which doesn't count as J) that I tasted in the last 3 or 4 years.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 2:57 am

Programs: QF Platinum, Velocity Platinum
Hi ronnieB332
I requested an upgrade on the same flight in April, and it came through the day before. Very glad I did it, it was a great experience with great crew. Good luck. Safe travels. flyingmad
Old Jun 14, 2013, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Gold Sapphire, Flying Blue Gold Elite+, TK*G
Originally Posted by flyingmad
Hi ronnieB332
I requested an upgrade on the same flight in April, and it came through the day before. Very glad I did it, it was a great experience with great crew. Good luck. Safe travels. flyingmad
Thanks flyingmad. How full was the cabin?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 9:34 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, Velocity Platinum
There was still a couple of spare seats on departure
Old Jun 15, 2013, 1:44 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
I've got a JASA booked on a Saturday on the A380. FlightStats shows F/9 A/9 P/0.

What are my chances of more award inventory being released so I can upgrade to F?
Old Jun 20, 2013, 1:56 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
If you manage to get onto the A380 flight, as I know there are some days when the 747 flies, the flight when we were on it in February was full, the tasting menu was great they do it so well, and lovely to be able to have 7 courses of small meals with the different wines, hope you manage to get an F seat^
Old Jun 20, 2013, 5:06 am

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Isochronous
I've got a JASA booked on a Saturday on the A380. FlightStats shows F/9 A/9 P/0.

What are my chances of more award inventory being released so I can upgrade to F?
You mean a straight award inventory rather than points upgrade inventory.

If you are looking for straight award inventory, the odds are not good unless you are Qantas Plantinum, in which case you must ring Qantas and ask for an F seat to be released. The best time to call is actually early (ie 9am) on the day before the flight, and those stats of F9 9 mean that revenue management would most likely release a seat to you.

If you are looking for a points upgrade using QFF points, this will be determined on the basis of your QF status. The higher the status you are, the better your chances.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Beware, twice I have had a 744 subbed for the A380. That is a 744 with no F. In both instances it was HKG-SYD and I switched from QF to CX with their new J class seats.
Old Jun 20, 2013, 2:50 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
QF J food is also far ahead of CX J food. It's the worst J food (apart from JQ which doesn't count as J) that I tasted in the last 3 or 4 years.
Don't fly KLM much?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:52 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
Beware, twice I have had a 744 subbed for the A380. That is a 744 with no F. In both instances it was HKG-SYD and I switched from QF to CX with their new J class seats.
Does anyone know when/if QF are officially planning to ditch F on this route?

Last edited by Moomba; Jun 24, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.