Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas Domestic B737-800

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by seat_4D
I think November / December is one of the best times to visit Darwin personally. Like you I love nothing better than a good thunderstorm. The whole city is quieter. You can pick up a swim up Lagoon room at Sky City for example for around $230 a night which is a bargain, the flights there and back are usually half empty.

For the past couple of years we have done a J award return to DRW at this time and find it a most relaxing break before the lunacy of Christmas.
I would never say Hotel prices in Australia are a bargain.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 3:32 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by nonce
That's great but the OP is looking at going in Feb :-)

FWIW not sure Nov/ Dec is really the wet season, a little early in the season.
Ummm, if you think December in Darwin is early in the wet season, maybe you should have told a certain lady named Tracy in 1974!

Dave
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:16 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
From the BOM records, average rainfall in Nov 139.3 Dec 251.3 Jan 423.8 Feb 374.6. No Days w/ rain Nov 9.9 Dec 14.2 Jan 18.9 Feb 18.0.

Basically Feb is nearly 3x wetter in volume and 2x in days of rain than Nov.

It appears that the climate has changed somewhat since 1974, nearly 39 years ago.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 5:49 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
If you have lived there, you would know that locals talk of six 'seasons' of two months each.

The wet is mid December through mid February.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.