Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

How long to take off frequent flyer points from account

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2013, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Hi - new to this hope someone can help please. Last year I organized an American airlines economy award ticket. I then rang the Qantas FF service desk and upgraded to business a few weeks later. neither the change fee or the extra points have come out, and its now about a month later. How long can it take for the points to come out. My ticket has definitely been upgraded as I have chosen my new seat in business on the American airlines website. Thanks
Old May 2, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Very weird.
I didn't think you were able to upgrade an award ticket (particularly on another program) as it books into an ineligible class for upgrade.
Old May 2, 2013, 5:39 pm

Something is not right here. Do you mean you booked using QFF points an award ticket on AA and then called QF to change the booking into business? as in rebook the award in business? Because you can't just 'upgrade' an award booking using points (not even on QF's)
Old May 2, 2013, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edy4eva
Something is not right here. Do you mean you booked using QFF points an award ticket on AA and then called QF to change the booking into business? as in rebook the award in business? Because you can't just 'upgrade' an award booking using points (not even on QF's)

Yes I did mean exactly what you said rebook the award into business from economy. Thanks
Old May 2, 2013, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by annam2103
Yes I did mean exactly what you said rebook the award into business from economy. Thanks
Usually it's instantaneous. Does your new booking have an eticket number? Did you receive the new eitcket via email? Try viewing your booking on 'checkmytrip.com' to verify there is an eticket number.

We've had reports here that QF did not place the booking onto the ticketing queue.
Old May 2, 2013, 8:43 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
aa.com lets you select seats when tickets are on hold but not yet issued. QF will send you an email with an attached PDF that contains your ticket number, until then you aren't actually ticketed. QF often schedules ticketing "later" if the first flight date is long in the future, it varies with their workload volume but a month is not unusual.
Old May 3, 2013, 12:05 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by number_6
.. QF often schedules ticketing "later" if the first flight date is long in the future, it varies with their workload volume but a month is not unusual.
Similar to my experience with QF. I do find it rather odd as other airlines consistently give ticket numbers with the payment confirmation - eg AC, UA, S7, SK, AS, LA and so on. Is QF the only one that cannot do this immediately?
Old May 3, 2013, 2:46 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
As above, my guess would be that you have not been issued a new e-ticket.

Originally Posted by og
Similar to my experience with QF. I do find it rather odd as other airlines consistently give ticket numbers with the payment confirmation - eg AC, UA, S7, SK, AS, LA and so on. Is QF the only one that cannot do this immediately?
QF can do it immediately, but when you change a booking it is manually issued and can take some time. Also when booking awards on other partners it may not happen immediately.
Old May 3, 2013, 4:49 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by nux
QF can do it immediately, but when you change a booking it is manually issued and can take some time. Also when booking awards on other partners it may not happen immediately.
I was not referring to a change in booking. One example is a "simple" SYD-LHR-SYD QF web booking on QF metal 6 month ahead and taking about 3 weeks for the e-ticket to be issued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.