Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas FF points after Emirates Flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Virgin Atlantic

Hi

I took a flight on Emirates on the 6th of April. From Hamburg to Dubai. In U class. Gave them my QF FF. Miles not posted till today ( and also claimed them on my Qf FF Profile). Do you know how long it takes to post?

Did anyone got their miles for flying on Emirates ( other route than Australia) ?
Old May 7, 2013, 10:35 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Yes sorry if I missed the discussion, but how to credit EK flights (non-Australia) to QFF? The EK "add FF number" page doesn't have an option for QFF.

Or if you can't, what else can you credit EK to?

Will be flying EK F soon on this nice fare
Old May 8, 2013, 12:23 am

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by harryhv
Yes sorry if I missed the discussion, but how to credit EK flights (non-Australia) to QFF? The EK "add FF number" page doesn't have an option for QFF.

Or if you can't, what else can you credit EK to?

Will be flying EK F soon on this nice fare
I just went to "manage a booking" for my next EK flight, selected "add FF number", clicked "change", and was able to select Qantas from the drop-down box for "airline" and put in my QF number and click "save."

I logged in with my Emirates number before going to the booking. So it may be that you need to join Emirates Skywards and use the EF number to log in before you can get to that part of "manage a booking".

Note that on an EK flight number you'll get QFF points but not status credits. (I'm crediting to EK and building towards gold there rather than on QF. YMMV.)

Last edited by RadioGirl; May 8, 2013 at 12:25 am Reason: missed a step.
Old May 8, 2013, 2:04 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Mike1976
I took a flight on Emirates on the 6th of April. From Hamburg to Dubai. In U class. Gave them my QF FF. Miles not posted till today ( and also claimed them on my Qf FF Profile). Do you know how long it takes to post?
I think there is no magic rule on this. AFAIK the posting from one carrier to another are all batch driven and can vary wildly although have never never had any real issues or delays with BA and CX. They seem to appear the next Tuesday after you fly - Monday nights batches I think but Sunday/Monday flights might not make a cut and waits the next week

Recently had a similar issue with MH...
Flight Mar 8 > posted Mar 12
Flight Mar 9 > posted Mar 12
Flight Mar 21 > posted Apr 9
Flight Mar 25 > not yet posted, submitted claim last week

Am sure EK and MH will get mre robust in time, we just need to be patient, check and otherwise claim til they are
Old May 8, 2013, 3:27 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Originally Posted by RadioGirl
I just went to "manage a booking" for my next EK flight, selected "add FF number", clicked "change", and was able to select Qantas from the drop-down box for "airline" and put in my QF number and click "save."

I logged in with my Emirates number before going to the booking. So it may be that you need to join Emirates Skywards and use the EF number to log in before you can get to that part of "manage a booking".

Note that on an EK flight number you'll get QFF points but not status credits. (I'm crediting to EK and building towards gold there rather than on QF. YMMV.)
Ah thanks yes - I was using the mobile Emirates site (via KVS) where Qantas still isn't on the list. It works fine on MMB in Emirates.com and you don't need to be logged in to Skywards.
Old May 8, 2013, 3:56 am

Programs: QF PS, EK-Gold, Security Theatre Critic
Originally Posted by harryhv
Ah thanks yes - I was using the mobile Emirates site (via KVS) where Qantas still isn't on the list. It works fine on MMB in Emirates.com and you don't need to be logged in to Skywards.
cool.
Old May 9, 2013, 12:34 pm

Programs: EY Silver, SPG Platinum
Took 2 flights with Emirates in early-mid April, entering my Qantas FF number on my booking at the Emirates website prior to both flights, however still no points credited for either flight.

Last edited by naitkris; May 9, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.