Wiki Posts
Search

QFF Account Name Change?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2013, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, HH
QFF Account Name Change?

My mother wants to add points from a recent international trip to her account (QFF number not on the booking). But upon enquiring at the desk at the airport, they discovered that the name on her passport is actually different to the name of the account. (Account = Lizzy. Passport = Elizabeth. No big difference, you'd think, but the computer said no )

Can't see anything on the website, QFF or otherwise. Might have to succumb to picking up the phone...

However, I have this sneaking suspicion under my collar that things could get even more complicated, since red-tape will think she's another person or something... Has anyone else had or heard of others with a similar problem? Can QF make this slight name change to the QFF account over the phone?

She's flown on the account before, but I think points earned have only been on domestic flights and regular groceries from Woolies, not international with a passport.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 6:48 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Its a phone job. Hope the boarding passes still exist - they will (should) be essential after the name is sorted. I assume the aim is to make the name match the Passport name.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Should be no problem for your mother
She should either phone and explain or write and explain (including the boarding passes)

I'm one of those people that go by my middle name. So when I joined QFF (many moons ago) used that name instead of my first
Then when, for international travel, I had to use my first name - I'd just mail in the boarding passes with an explanation and in a week or two the points and SCs would be credited

Finally, I wrote and asked that my membership name be changed to my first name - which was done without difficulty.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 1:44 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH LT-FTL (HON till 02/25), AB-G†
Originally Posted by pandaperth
Should be no problem for your mother
She should either phone and explain or write and explain (including the boarding passes)

I'm one of those people that go by my middle name. So when I joined QFF (many moons ago) used that name instead of my first
Then when, for international travel, I had to use my first name - I'd just mail in the boarding passes with an explanation and in a week or two the points and SCs would be credited

Finally, I wrote and asked that my membership name be changed to my first name - which was done without difficulty.
Same here: Was rejected the first time, then mailed in a copy of my passport showing both names. Points were credited - account details were changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.