Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas chauffeur drive and Dubai connect goes live: Very impressed!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas chauffeur drive and Dubai connect goes live: Very impressed!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: QFF
QF MMB allows me to select chauffeur drive coming off DXB-LHR. It's a CX issued DONE3 ticket.
Not that I have any need of the service. I'll only be in London for ~6 hours before a BA flight to PVG (which is also on the same ticket, so I don't know why it's even offered since it should know it is a connection and isn't on a 081 ticket).
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:37 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Originally Posted by chuck1
I have the following itinerary booked in F/J. I booked the service on the Manage My Booking site.

LHR-x/SYD-HBA - chauffeur drive offered to airport in LHR and upon arrival in HBA

HBA-x/SYD-AKL - service not offered on the web booking form in HBA or upon arrival in AKL

AKL-SYD-DXB - staying in SYD more than 24 hours - service offered to airport in AKL, upon arrival in SYD and to airport in SYD

Just curious why it wasn't offered to airport in HBA and upon arrival in AKL?

Is that because that is considered a trans-Tasman segment unrelated to the international segments?
I would expect so.

I have a triangular itinerary booked next month MEL-SIN-DXB-MEL (using all QF flight numbers, although SIN-DXB is on EK metal).

Chauffeur service is offered to the airport in SIN / from the airport in DXB / to the airport in DXB (useful as I will be in Abu Dhabi) / from the airport in MEL.

That was all consistent with my expectation.

tb
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:13 pm

Does anyone who has used the service know if each passage has to sign up separately for the service or can I bring a passenger in the car? Both myself and my wife are flying together and both are eligible for Chauffeur Drive. I signed up for it under my confirmation number, but no where did it allow me to designate the number of any additional passengers. I assume I can just take my wife since she is traveling with me on the same flight, and that she does not have to separately sign up for Chauffeur Drive, which may cause two cars to show up at my house. But can anyone confirm please? Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by VonMinnie
Does anyone who has used the service know if each passage has to sign up separately for the service or can I bring a passenger in the car? Both myself and my wife are flying together and both are eligible for Chauffeur Drive. I signed up for it under my confirmation number, but no where did it allow me to designate the number of any additional passengers. I assume I can just take my wife since she is traveling with me on the same flight, and that she does not have to separately sign up for Chauffeur Drive, which may cause two cars to show up at my house. But can anyone confirm please? Thanks in advance.
The following page only mentions maximimum number of 2 passengers for BNE, MEL, PER, and SYD.
Qantas Chauffeur Drive Availability and Complimentary Mileage
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:37 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
Late arrivals?

The T&C page states the following regarding pickup times...
18. The Chauffeur Drive pick.up time should be strictly adhered to, without exception. Pick.up time is not negotiable. Drivers will wait for a maximum of 15 minutes from the nominated pickup time after which the driver will advise the passenger that he can wait no longer and is being released to the next assignment.
What happens when your flight is delayed? Does QF reschedule for a later time?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:50 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
It's one car per PNR IME. If you have 2 PNRs and want two cars, beware they will not arrive at the same time and you'll arrive at the airport at different times.

Often, they will suggest a van in place of 2 cars.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:00 pm

7. Each passenger aged 12 or over (unless travelling as an unaccompanied minor under Qantas' unaccompanied minor policy) is entitled to receive one car for Chauffeur Drive.

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...erms/global/en
Old Nov 13, 2013, 9:49 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DH188
7. Each passenger aged 12 or over (unless travelling as an unaccompanied minor under Qantas' unaccompanied minor policy) is entitled to receive one car for Chauffeur Drive.

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...erms/global/en
Different to what I was told on the phone, thanks.

But why would you want two cars for two pax?
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Different to what I was told on the phone, thanks.

But why would you want two cars for two pax?
Dunno, just passing on the info.
I guess, for example, you could have one leaving from the office and the other from home / hotel.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 4:17 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Am I right in thinking that the QF service is only to the airport? No pickup other end like EK?
Old Nov 14, 2013, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by dc2447
Am I right in thinking that the QF service is only to the airport? No pickup other end like EK?
Departure and arrival depending on the port for flights over 14 hours.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 4:45 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
just checked and that is indeed the case, sweet

Old Nov 15, 2013, 6:24 am

Programs: QFF
It offered it to me for DXB-LHR. That sector is somewhat less then 14 hours.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
While that can be used as a guide and ISTR Qantas indeed promoted that initially, by the time of the implementation of this they became far more specific.

Those specifics are in section 4 of the Qantas Chauffeur Drive Terms & Conditions.

To summarise, is it available in conjunction with travel on QF1, QF2,
QF7, QF8, QF9, QF10, QF11, QF12, QF15, QF16, QF93, QF94, QF107, QF108 and connecting sectors.

Excluded are travel DXB to or from LHR on QF1/QF2/QF9/QF10 and BNE-SYD on QF8.

Last edited by serfty; Nov 15, 2013 at 4:29 pm
Old Nov 15, 2013, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
While that can be used as a guide and ISTR Qantas indeed promoted that initially, by the time of the implementation of this they became far more specific.

Those specifics are in section 4 of the Qantas Chauffeur Drive Terms & Conditions.

To summarise, is it available in conjunction with travel on QF1, QF2,
QF7, QF8, QF9, QF10, QF11, QF12, QF15, QF16, QF93, QF94, QF107, QF108 and connecting sectors.

Excluded are travel DXB to or from LHR on QF1/QF2/QF9/QF10 and BNE-SYD on QF8.
It is worth typing in the PNR into Emirates.com

I found I was able to book Chauffeur Drive for SYD-AKL-SYD which isn't advertised.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.