Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas chauffeur drive and Dubai connect goes live: Very impressed!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas chauffeur drive and Dubai connect goes live: Very impressed!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2013, 9:02 am

Programs: American AAdvantage
Originally Posted by flyerM
Data Point: Not working for AA Explorer Award ticket, DFW-SYD QF008
How is an Explorer Award ticket different from a First/Business MileSAAver award ticket? For my QF008 flight, the booking code is U.

I've tried logging into Manage My Booking using both my AA reference number and my Qantas reference number and always fail to get past the above error message.
Once I retrieved the Qantas reference number from Qantas, I was able to book a Chauffeur Drive through their website.

I will book a US pickup and a SYD drop off & pickup. For both the US pickup and SYD drop off, I booked with my US mobile number. For the SYD pickup, I plan to book with a Australian mobile number or hotel phone number.

For the SYD drop off, when would they call me? Should I keep my booking with the US mobile number? I don't plan to activate the phone once the flight departs US.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 10:00 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I have an AA award ticket and the website works perfectly! This is sweet!!
Old Jul 19, 2013, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Today I successfully booked pick-ups and drop-offs for 4!!! segments from my AA Oneworld Explorer Award in Business for my wife and I. SYD - MEL, MEL - CNS, CNS - SYD, SYD - DFW
Old Jul 19, 2013, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by beofotch
Today I successfully booked pick-ups and drop-offs for 4!!! segments from my AA Oneworld Explorer Award in Business for my wife and I. SYD - MEL, MEL - CNS, CNS - SYD, SYD - DFW
So you got pick-up and drop-out for Cairns(CNS). I do not see it in the website.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 2:46 pm

Can you choose what car you want in Sydney? Traveling in F. I have a BMW 750, so wouldn't want that. I'd like to try something different like a Rolls, Bentley, Audi, Benz.
Old Jul 20, 2013, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Two pickups, two dropoffs... Cairns not, but we have a rental car there anyway
Old Jul 21, 2013, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Sant
How is an Explorer Award ticket different from a First/Business MileSAAver award ticket? For my QF008 flight, the booking code is U.
Firstly, I think it's awesome that you were able to book this. Second, I'm not sure how the Explorer ticket is different. I can use the "International Ref" number provided on my AA itinerary and see my itinerary on the Qantas website. Still, when clicking to book CD, I always get an error. Qantas shows me booked in U, just like you'd expect.

Once I retrieved the Qantas reference number from Qantas, I was able to book a Chauffeur Drive through their website.
Is this Qantas reference number the same as the AA "International Ref" number? If not, how would I find out what mine is from Qantas?

Also, within my Qantas itinerary, I've got my AAdvantage number, and not my Qantas account number, would changing that help?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 5:57 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
Is this Qantas reference number the same as the AA "International Ref" number? If not, how would I find out what mine is from Qantas?
I do not know what is an "International Ref". From AA, I got a 6-letter alphabetic record locator. Once my flight was designated as ticketed, I contacted Qantas to get their alphanumeric booking reference.
Also, within my Qantas itinerary, I've got my AAdvantage number, and not my Qantas account number, would changing that help?
The Frequent Flyer No on the Qantas booking is the AA number.

What mobile number are you planning to provide when you eventually book it?
Old Jul 21, 2013, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does seem to be a bug in the system:- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...ive-idiot.html
Unlikely QF planned to offer the chaffeur service for domestic only intineries

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Jul 21, 2013 at 11:21 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jul 21, 2013, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The Qantas reference is the Amadeus PNR that will exist for all bookings utilising Qantas metal.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 4:42 am

I guess it's not available for the SYD-JNB-SYD flights, right?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by honu
I guess it's not available for the SYD-JNB-SYD flights, right?
When are you travelling? JNB is not listed. Look here:
http://www.qantas.com.au/agents/dyn/...chauffeurDrive
http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...rive/global/en

..Chauffeur Drive is available to First and Business Qantas customers travelling on flights between Australia and London and Dubai, and on Qantas international flights between Australia and Los Angeles or Dallas.

Chauffeur Drive will be extended to other international flights greater than 12 hours long progressively in 2014.
Old Jul 24, 2013, 8:41 am

Update: It worked!

TL;DR Chauffeur Drive is buggy and wasn't available on a OneWorld Explorer Award booked via AA, until call with Qantas agent to confirm correct booking code, DFW-SYD-HKG-CDG-BCN-MAD-TNG-MAD-EZE-LIM-MIA-DFW in U

Thanks to Sant, serfty and everyone else for tips and encouragement.

Originally Posted by Sant
I do not know what is an "International Ref". From AA, I got a 6-letter alphabetic record locator. Once my flight was designated as ticketed, I contacted Qantas to get their alphanumeric booking reference.

The Frequent Flyer No on the Qantas booking is the AA number.

On everyone's advice I called Qantas to get their booking code for my trip. They couldn't look it up using the AA reference number and suggested I call AA to get another reference code. I then "found" and gave them what my AA ticket calls the "international reference" number and the Qantas agent was able to pull up my itinerary with that. He confirmed that both my "international reference" code AND the Qantas reference number are the same thing.

I asked for any other reference numbers or booking codes that he might see on my ticket, he gave me the ticket number, which starts with 001, and another reference code from my CX segments. Then I politely ended the call.

Of course, neither the CX booking code or the 001 ticket number does anything on the Qantas website. I gave my "international reference" code one more shot on the Qantas site, and lo and behold when I logged into Manage my Booking I was surprised to find the option for Chauffeur Drive clickable and ready for me to book my ride to DFW and from SYD.

I'm not sure what the agent may have changed, but I can confirm that the code didn't work before my call, but did work after my call. So, for anyone else who runs into the same problem, all I can suggest is to call Qantas to confirm details, then retry all booking reference codes you have on the QA website until it works for you. Their system sure is buggy.

What mobile number are you planning to provide when you eventually book it?
I gave them my regular USA cell number. I'll have to call AT&T to activate my plan for the countries I'll be visiting.

Thanks again and happy flying.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:13 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Does seem to be a bug in the system:- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...ive-idiot.html
Unlikely QF planned to offer the chaffeur service for domestic only intineries
Does anyone have experience of QF chauffeur drive on a xONE ticket?

I have QF10 booked twice on a booking, once to LHR-DXB and then again LHR-MEL a month later (with a BA connection back from DXB) in the middle. The itinerary then goes from MEL-SYD and SYD-HKG a day after that.

When I fire up the QF Connect section on the booking page it suggests I can get departure transfers in LHR (x2) and arrival transfers at DXB and MEL, but also suggests I can book departure transfer in MEL for the MEL-SYD flight and an arrival transfer in SYD. Is this correct? Or another instance of the above linked 'feature/bug'?
Old Oct 28, 2013, 10:21 pm

I have the following itinerary booked in F/J. I booked the service on the Manage My Booking site.

LHR-x/SYD-HBA - chauffeur drive offered to airport in LHR and upon arrival in HBA

HBA-x/SYD-AKL - service not offered on the web booking form in HBA or upon arrival in AKL

AKL-SYD-DXB - staying in SYD more than 24 hours - service offered to airport in AKL, upon arrival in SYD and to airport in SYD

Just curious why it wasn't offered to airport in HBA and upon arrival in AKL?
Is that because that is considered a trans-Tasman segment unrelated to the international segments?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.