Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas chauffeur drive and Dubai connect goes live: Very impressed!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas chauffeur drive and Dubai connect goes live: Very impressed!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Yep - came about a week after the 'phone call ...
Old Aug 25, 2014, 4:53 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by serfty
Yep - came about a week after the 'phone call ...
Hmmm. Thanks. Sounds like a phone call to QF. It must be about 6 weeks since the conversation and their promise.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:29 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by og
Hmmm. Thanks. Sounds like a phone call to QF. It must be about 6 weeks since the conversation and their promise.
I followed up the missing compensation points with an email. First reply was 24 hrs later with the case being sent to the appropriate section, second reply was that points would be awarded within a week (in fact, they appeared within 24 hrs). Good outcome but I'm curious how it had initially been overlooked.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by mediator

PM QF's FB account regarding Qantas drive, got reply:"we regret to advise that as this is on an American Airlines ticket it is not eligible for Chauffeur Drive. Please see link for further information here"

Better change my QF flight booking.
Not sure why you had to message them in the first place.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: SK,BA,QF,AA, HH, IGH
Following the August update to the QF website which closed the loophole that allowed AAward ticketed passengers to book CD), I've been periodically checking both mine & hubby's MMB pages in case QF decided to cancel my existing transfers so I could make other arrangements if needed.

Anyways, today I discovered the reverse of my post #179 above the Chauffer Drive button is back, and so is my ability to add the other 2 transfers for my flights - being to LHR & from SYD (neither of which I need which is why I didn't book them when I booked to/from MEL orginally).

So it appears that temporarily at least, the website is back to the pre-August update state where CD is concerned.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Originally Posted by bugsy
Anyways, today I discovered the reverse of my post #179 above the Chauffer Drive button is back, and so is my ability to add the other 2 transfers for my flights - being to LHR & from SYD (neither of which I need which is why I didn't book them when I booked to/from MEL orginally).
I have an upcoming flight in EK F from LHR-CHC. Coming back I'm flying CHC-BNE with CHC-SYD on EK F and SYD-BNE in QF J. Had a CD booked on arrival in BNE but had it turned down by QF (according to EK) as I arrive on a domestic flight. I'm interested to see that you are able to book CD following a domestic MEL-SYD (if I understand your routing correctly). Since the option to book a car still shows on my EK MMB I might try again in a few weeks to see what happens!
Old Oct 7, 2014, 1:53 pm

Programs: SK,BA,QF,AA, HH, IGH
Originally Posted by pomkiwi
I have an upcoming flight in EK F from LHR-CHC. Coming back I'm flying CHC-BNE with CHC-SYD on EK F and SYD-BNE in QF J. Had a CD booked on arrival in BNE but had it turned down by QF (according to EK) as I arrive on a domestic flight. I'm interested to see that you are able to book CD following a domestic MEL-SYD (if I understand your routing correctly). Since the option to book a car still shows on my EK MMB I might try again in a few weeks to see what happens!
No idea tbh, just that the option is there if I wanted to book it.

My routing is LHR-MEL in QF F and then MEL-SYD in QF J around 12 hours later.

The only difference I can see is that the flight immidiately before my domestic is Long Haul.

Although, looking at the Emirates CD Eligibility for Asia/Pacific I'm a little unclear if your routing is eligible for CD in BNE the pdf lists DXB-AU1(EK)-AU2(QF)-NZ(EK) & vv as being eligible for CD on Departure in DXB & Arrival in AU1 (although presumably on the reverse leg that would switch to CD on Departure from AU1 and Arrival in DXB).

All you can do is try again I guess...
Old Oct 7, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Reading this reminded me to book CD for LHR flights in November since I'd finally confirmed my hotel. Anyway I logged in to some lovely messages saying "Chauffeur Drive is currently unavailable. Contact Customer Service" - so either there's an outage, a system change, or something else going on.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:17 am

Although, looking at the Emirates CD Eligibility for Asia/Pacific I'm a little unclear if your routing is eligible for CD in BNE the pdf lists DXB-AU1(EK)-AU2(QF)-NZ(EK) & vv as being eligible for CD on Departure in DXB & Arrival in AU1 (although presumably on the reverse leg that would switch to CD on Departure from AU1 and Arrival in DXB).

All you can do is try again I guess...
My reading of the pdf is that I am eligible (I think my routing is NZ-AU-DXB with single stop-over in AU as I have no stop-over in SYD). EK seem to agree in principle (it is still shown as available in MMB and phone agents have agreed it should be eligible). I did receive CD on exactly the same itinerary in Februrary but apparently QF say no.

Interestingly I do not see an option to book CD on departure from CHC in MMB but have been assured I can do so over the phone
Old Nov 1, 2014, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Following the August update to the QF website which closed the loophole that allowed AAward ticketed passengers to book CD), I've been periodically checking both mine & hubby's MMB pages in case QF decided to cancel my existing transfers so I could make other arrangements if needed.

So it appears that temporarily at least, the website is back to the pre-August update state where CD is concerned.
Same here. I had some from before the loophole that appeared to be grandfathered-in, but I was unable to make new ones or change the existing ones. For past few weeks, I've been able to add or change reservations as before. I fly next week, so we'll see if they stick. I'm fine with them cancelling the bookings, but will be more than a little peeved if it is done at the last minute leaving me with limited ability to make alternative plans.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond

I ticketed an AA award flight in F yesterday and was able to book CD today on QF.com
Old Nov 7, 2014, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Same here. I had some from before the loophole that appeared to be grandfathered-in, but I was unable to make new ones or change the existing ones. For past few weeks, I've been able to add or change reservations as before. I fly next week, so we'll see if they stick. I'm fine with them cancelling the bookings, but will be more than a little peeved if it is done at the last minute leaving me with limited ability to make alternative plans.
If you have a moment could you let us know whether your bookings stuck? I will probably try and rebook the CD that QF told EK to cancel as EK are still offering me the option to do so! However if yours got cancelled then I might just make other arrangements.
Thanks.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by pomkiwi
If you have a moment could you let us know whether your bookings stuck? I will probably try and rebook the CD that QF told EK to cancel as EK are still offering me the option to do so! However if yours got cancelled then I might just make other arrangements.
Thanks.
Mine stuck. Chauffeurs turned up at both ends. AA ticketed F award ticket.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Had no problem booking a transfer online originating DXB on QF1 to LHR, booked in F using US miles.
Old Nov 9, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Question Book Chauffeur through QF or EK MMB?

Hi everyone,
I have the following flights all in J.
ADL to MEL on QF then same day transit to
MEL to SIN on EK (booked as QF codeshare)
Ticketing stock is 081
On QF MMB website, it shows that I can book a tranfer to ADL airport as well as a transfer from SIN airport after arrival.
On the EK MMB website, it shows that I can book a transfer to MEL airport (actually not needed since I am transiting only) and a transfer from SIN airport.
So my question is do I book both transfers from the QF MMB?
Or the one to ADL airport via the QF MMB and the one from SIN airport via the EK MMB?
If I book both from the QF MMB, will the EK MMB also show the transfer from SIN as "booked"? Thanks.
Gerald

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.