Wiki Posts
Search

Latest Asia sale in Biz - one way?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Latest Asia sale in Biz - one way?

yep, it's me again. QF have launched a new "Asia on Sale" deal which isn't too bad. I wanted to combine with MH to try them out (more than the double points deal which I could care less about TBH).. This morning I could bring up the appropriate sale pricing for a one way flight on any day I wanted, now it's gone (but return pricing still there) - so the inventory is there. Wondering if anyone knows if maybe QF pulled the one way fare or it's another bug/feature? Annoying as I could do MH one way for cheaper than QF (I'm talking about HKG specifically for end of Marchm btw). Any ideas or comments welcome
Old Feb 28, 2013, 8:34 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Without dates or examples I am at a loss.
Qantas International fares are generally only cheap for returns, one-ways are usually horrendously priced,
Old Feb 28, 2013, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

yeah I know this. I'm trying to be vague about the dates for obvious reasons, but it's within the sale validity date - and WAS there this morning. I also checked for Y fares, and the sale fare is there, but they are advertised as OW. I suppose I could call QF and ask, or try and find the exact fare rule to check, but it's annoying. I should have grabbed it when it came up but I was undecided on the return at the time.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:27 am
Original Poster

Oh well - for anyone that cares - I wound up calling res and while not directly confirmed to me, reading between the lines of the conversation with the very nice agent, it seems that the one way availability (which IS available on Y and Y+ fares) was pulled for the J fare (the agent told me that they saw the one way J fares as well this morning.....)

so it wasn't just me, but I guess I snoozed and I lost!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
By the time the email advertising the sale hit my inbox business class fares were only advertised on a return basis. Economy and premium were available one way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.