Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

J Seat selection on QF107 SYD-LAX-JFK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold

I have a flight coming up in J on QF107 from SYD-LAX-JFK. I currently have 15AB booked. Will it be possible to select LD seats for the LAX-JFK sector? It seems that since it is the same flight, I would have to stick with the same seats for the whole flight but if seats were available upon check-in in SYD, would an agent be able to "split" the seats? Would the agents in LAX be able to change my seats?

If not, I'll keep my UD seats or I guess I could ask a FA about changing seats on the plane. Just curious for future 747 flights, do Row 1 seats ever open up for online booking or are they reserved for QF elites or airport check-in?

Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:38 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RxCapt
I have a flight coming up in J on QF107 from SYD-LAX-JFK. I currently have 15AB booked. Will it be possible to select LD seats for the LAX-JFK sector? It seems that since it is the same flight, I would have to stick with the same seats for the whole flight but if seats were available upon check-in in SYD, would an agent be able to "split" the seats? Would the agents in LAX be able to change my seats?

If not, I'll keep my UD seats or I guess I could ask a FA about changing seats on the plane. Just curious for future 747 flights, do Row 1 seats ever open up for online booking or are they reserved for QF elites or airport check-in?

Thanks!
Seating is based on status, so you probably don't have access to Row 1.

Airport check in will definitely be able to assign you two different seats for each sector. Unsure about in advance.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:52 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond

I can see lower deck seats from row 3 on my NB Daughters booking on QF 107, only row 1 and 2 blocked. Also a selection on UD. TBH I wouldn't be rushing for row 1 as its a bit squishy. I have selected 3 E/F for my daughters.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:10 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Some additional info, some of which might be useful? We were on QF 107 today from SYD to LAX in 1A and 1K. Apart from the fact I got a row (read argument not seat row) from the other half for not sitting close enough together it was a great flight. The F seats in the first few rows are somewhat tired but perfectly serviceable. Crew was excellent.

I don't know whether today was normal but there was an aircraft change at LAX for those continuing on to JFK. I'm not sure whether they provided the same a/c type or not so seats on that flight segment might have been changed.

Oh, and the washrooms at the front on the 747 are significantly wider that BA ones making it much easier to change into the PJs without damaging elbows and brushing teeth over the sink.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Thanks all for the useful info. Will ask at SYD check-in about different seats for the LAX-JFK segment. From what I've read, the LAX-JFK plane is not always the same as the SYD-LAX plane. Sometimes the plane is the BNE inbound.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Which is better 14A/B on the upper deck or 2A/B on the lower deck in J on the 744?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:17 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, CO OnePass, UA
Can Someone Answer This And Add Which is Best Seat in J on QF 107?

Originally Posted by cova
Which is better 14A/B on the upper deck or 2A/B on the lower deck in J on the 744?
Can can someone answer Cova's question above and also add which is best seat in J on QF 107?

THANKS!!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
If row 5 exists then seat 5B and 5J are the best seats for a single.

For couples 3E/F or the exit pairs upstairs would be the best.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 8:14 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by ThunderStorm00
Can can someone answer Cova's question above and also add which is best seat in J on QF 107?

THANKS!!
The physical seats are the same. I prefer Zone A (lower deck in the nose), some prefer the upper deck on a 747.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.