Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asian Network Changes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2013, 1:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
For transitting there is not much difference between Dubai and places in Asia. It is a modern airport and not much different in going via Singapore. The key difference is that on a r/t between UK and AU, the long flight is on the flight to/from AU rather than to/from UK

I can't see people particularly preferring DXB, I just can't see many people preferring to transit SIN to a level that they would change airlines because of it.
One of the biggest differences is the laying around aliens everywhere in Dubai airport. You have no idea where they are from and where they are to. Many of them seems to have been there since stone age.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 1:43 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by sxc
Given the frequency of CX direct flights to get out of oz from ADL, BNE, SYD, MEL and PER, CX must be rubbing their hands with glee.
Definitely good news for CX...bad news for flyers.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:59 am
Original Member

Looks like there will be no more QF codes on BA flights between Asia and LHR. BA has cut the codeshares reportedly being furious at the way QF handled the EK announcement.

http://finance.ninemsn.com.au/newsbu...ts-qantas-ties
Old Feb 5, 2013, 4:21 am

The Hong Kong Schedules are way too early on the outbound.From Adelaide it means leaving at 6am and praying on the way to Sydney the aircraft doesn't encounter any delays to enable an easy connection in the winter months.I am not sure what the summer schedules will be but if they prove just as bad with a 7am Departure to connect onto a Lunchtime flight onwards It's off to Virgin for me They leave all year round at 9am giving one enough time to connect onto the VS201 ONTO HKG at syd.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by dddc
With the loss of Frankfrurt goes a possible way to avoid going through Dubai or flying Emirates. Malaysian is looking increasingly like a good option for LHR-BNE flights now, especially as they don't have the sparrow farts arrivals I don't like.
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Just don't credit them to QF!
Originally Posted by Supersonic Swinger
Hello AAdvantage!
BA Exec Club is where my points went last month. Still in shock that travelling exactly the same flights but booked via BA.com instead of QF.com credited me the full miles instead of 25% that would have happened if I'd booked on QF.com!
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by LOLABUNNY
The Hong Kong Schedules are way too early on the outbound.From Adelaide it means leaving at 6am and praying on the way to Sydney the aircraft doesn't encounter any delays to enable an easy connection in the winter months.I am not sure what the summer schedules will be but if they prove just as bad with a 7am Departure to connect onto a Lunchtime flight onwards It's off to Virgin for me They leave all year round at 9am giving one enough time to connect onto the VS201 ONTO HKG at syd.
Hear hear. I'm now leaving MEL at 7:15AM to catch QF127 HKG-SYD on redemption at 9:55AM. This would mean staying at MEL airport hotel, but I think its feasible to drive down from Mt Buller to MEL the night before after dinner and catch a nap - we have to stay overnight either at Mt Buller or someplace in Melbourne the night before anyway.

(Yes I could have flown direct at 9:30AM that day (1 Jul) but my redemption program (Asia Miles/Marco Polo) refuses to cut me any slack. The transit point (Sydney) has to stay in even if obliterated by a North Korean nuclear attack, unless I pay voluntary rerouting fee of US$100).

We're tourists (now) so we're flexible on where we stay. I've complaints about other people having to be dropped off by family - which will be a major annoyance in the buxt. CX for my office colleagues now, bye bye stupid Roo Roo.

Last edited by percysmith; Feb 19, 2013 at 9:17 am
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by percysmith
Hear hear. I'm now leaving MEL at 7:15AM to catch QF127 HKG-SYD on redemption at 9:50AM. This would mean staying at MEL airport hotel, but I think its feasible to drive down from Mt Buller to MEL the night before after dinner and catch a nap - we have to stay overnight either at Mt Buller or someplace in Melbourne the night before anyway.

(Yes I could have flown direct at 9:30AM that day (1 Jul) but my redemption program (Asia Miles/Marco Polo) refuses to cut me any slack. The transit point (Sydney) has to stay in even if obliterated by a North Korean nuclear attack, unless I pay voluntary rerouting fee of US$100).

We're tourists (now) so we're flexible on where we stay. I've complaints about other people having to be dropped off by family - which will be a major annoyance in the buxt. CX for my office colleagues now, bye bye stupid Roo Roo.
But why didn't u pay the 100usd if u have to take the hotel which prob cost more and the inconvenience?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:43 am
Suspended

I think sooner or later u will see QF code share to Asia bid DXB since they like EK so much

How wonderful will that be it means you can earn Points to even more Asian destinations soon!
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:57 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
i dont think there's any airline that wouldn't let you cancel and get a full refund if you haven't commenced travel and if there is no suitable alternative. Giveit a day or so for the news to filter through to asia miles and they should be aware of what's happened and can give you your options.
Didn't work for me when QF cancelled not one, but both connecting flights of my itin over the new year. They "helpfully" re-booked me into a flight at the other end of the day, meaning they actually expected me to sit in an airport for 11 hours, soaking up two full days of a four day trip. When I called to re-book onto other available flights (that would only rob me of an hour or two each over the original itin) they charged me for the changes. Twice, in fact. Not that they told me they were going to do that. Just one of the many reasons I've dumped QF after ~20 years.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by correctioncx
But why didn't u pay the 100usd if u have to take the hotel which prob cost more and the inconvenience?
We have to stay somewhere that night anyway, either at Mt. Buller (the resort I'm driving to MEL from) or at a MEL airport hotel.

I lost the option of staying at Mt. Buller for the night before my return to HK when QF cancelled QF87, I have to get back to MEL that night.

The difference of deleting the Sydney transfer point is whether I have to get up at 5:30 or 7:30 at the MEL airport after that. Cos I prefer the later.

Also the fee stings in the sense I was originally OK to not have to drive at night. The availability for the direct is there, CX's just a PITA scrooge. Too bad for us to be stuck with an airline making a loss.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 9:56 am
Suspended

We have to stay somewhere that night anyway, either at Mt. Buller (the resort I'm driving to MEL from) or at a MEL airport hotel.

I lost the option of staying at Mt. Buller for the night before my return to HK when QF cancelled QF87, I have to get back to MEL that night.

The difference of deleting the Sydney transfer point is whether I have to get up at 5:30 or 7:30 at the MEL airport after that. Cos I prefer the later.

Also the fee stings in the sense I was originally OK to not have to drive at night. The availability for the direct is there, CX's just a PITA scrooge. Too bad for us to be stuck with an airline making a loss.
Y didn't u take non stop from MEL?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:00 am

Y didn't u take non stop from MEL?
1. At time of booking, connecting via Sydney means I get the afternoon Sydney flight (QF87, now cancelled).

2. I don't have the printout from the time, but at the time of booking, availability on QF29 was 1. No seat for my +1.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:13 am
Suspended

1. At time of booking, connecting via Sydney means I get the afternoon Sydney flight (QF87, now cancelled).

2. I don't have the printout from the time, but at the time of booking, availability on QF29 was 1. No seat for my +1.
What about the 2-3 CX flights ex MEL?
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:25 am

What about the 2-3 CX flights ex MEL?
None available for redemption.
The first one was too early anyway.
If I can grab seats on the second and third one, do you think I really detour myself to Sydney? I hate the shuttle between domestic and international.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:33 am
Suspended

None available for redemption.
The first one was too early anyway.
If I can grab seats on the second and third one, do you think I really detour myself to Sydney? I hate the shuttle between domestic and international.
I thought you love flying so much and want to get the most out of your points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.