Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Wife rages after SC run booked..... anyone?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wife rages after SC run booked..... anyone?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2012, 3:37 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
Exxaaactery

Last year my wife went away in Y for her work. Because of knowledge picked up in this place I was able to book and pay for an exit row seat for her to Hongkong but nothing I could do abot CX to LAX but got her an upgrade to J LAX-BNE. She has no problem now with my FF pursuits mainly point chasing.
My other half was a bit aggro with me a couple of xmas ago when I bought online 50 CD/DVDs, mostly multiples of the same range too, that had a 500pt bonus as part of a local supermarkets frequent shopper scheme. These you could transfer to BA's scheme. When I did, they had a promo on too of doubling the value of your transfer.

Last month we flew J LHR/EZE-GIG/LHR and he is far less resistant now to me signing him up to various card schemes etc, but might draw the line at a pure MR!!
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Plat, OZ*G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dddc
My other half was a bit aggro with me a couple of xmas ago when I bought online 50 CD/DVDs, mostly multiples of the same range too, that had a 500pt bonus as part of a local supermarkets frequent shopper scheme. These you could transfer to BA's scheme. When I did, they had a promo on too of doubling the value of your transfer.

Last month we flew J LHR/EZE-GIG/LHR and he is far less resistant now to me signing him up to various card schemes etc, but might draw the line at a pure MR!!
We hardly see these promos in NZ, I got 10k from ANZ plat visa this year, and that was it.... Nothing else.... And MRs are expensive here ex NZ
Old Jun 5, 2012, 4:44 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by 123dd
We hardly see these promos in NZ, I got 10k from ANZ plat visa this year, and that was it.... Nothing else.... And MRs are expensive here ex NZ
I think the good times are becoming less at the supermarket. Far fewer promos like that. There was a 10 times points on a new credit card here for 3 months. I got 75,000 miles, but some got close to or over 1 million!!
Old Jun 6, 2012, 1:59 pm

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
Exxaaactery

Last year my wife went away in Y for her work. Because of knowledge picked up in this place I was able to book and pay for an exit row seat for her to Hongkong but nothing I could do abot CX to LAX but got her an upgrade to J LAX-BNE. She has no problem now with my FF pursuits mainly point chasing.
Same here. I infected her with the J-Class Virus, Lounges and Fast Track. She now understands that I book connecting flights to weird destinations, that I come home at night after a business meeting that ended at noon, because I took a little "detour" on the way back. Sometimes I just receive a "you are crazy" that I reply with "yes, you knew that before and it is one of the reasons that you married me!"

She loves her shiny cards - QF-PG from me and a self flown LH-Silver.

For MRs together I just tell her that we need a weekend together. She gets a choice of destinations and I book the flights. So never pure MRs but milage optimized weekend trips or holidays.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K [ex-GS],1+MM, SPG PLAT
All it takes is one experience in F, followed by a lengthy flight in Y or J .... and all efforts to maintain status are supported!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.