Search

QF cutting AKL - LAX

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Just do not accept QF rebooking you on FJ or even a TN operated flight.
I can now see how hard it will be getting QFF redemptions to the US now....right when I was thinking about it for Mrs and Little Miss Blackcloud.
Once again it shows how little committed QF is to NZ, I still remember that after they announced cessation of QF NZ Domestic service, closure of QP Clubs with no replacement (except AKL) and reduced Trans Tasman Service......
Can they do that? Can they rebook me on an Air Pacific or Air Tahiti Nui flight?! That would piss me off!
I explicitly avoided FJ while booking... Is it in my rights to refuse a rebooking on a codeshare carrier? What if that's the only option offered? Should I call QF?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by robertocusato
Can they do that? Can they rebook me on an Air Pacific or Air Tahiti Nui flight?! That would piss me off!
I explicitly avoided FJ while booking... Is it in my rights to refuse a rebooking on a codeshare carrier? What if that's the only option offered? Should I call QF?
You have the right to refuse a rebooking that they offer and then they have the right to cancel and refund the ticket. Given that you are booked MEL-LAX and are not stopping over in AKL I would be surprised if they did not book you on a QF flight
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:55 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by goingbananas
Was going to finalize a BKK-SYD-MEL RT over New Years for 2 F seats tomorrow, but, with these changes, all the F award space disappeared.

Oh well....back to the drawing board.....

Any recommendations? open to book *A and OW to pull it off...
Get an award flight to HKG then a cheap J class HKG-BKK on RJ
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
Originally Posted by og
Get an award flight to HKG then a cheap J class HKG-BKK on RJ
The best option I have seen so far is TG BKK-SYD in F and then get a separate ticket to MEL then. QF has the HKG-MEL on the A380, but only 1 seat there. I have been looking at the 3 cities for a gateway to get to MEL: SIN, BKK and HKG
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:44 pm

Anyone booked MEL/AKL/LAX vv would surely be put on the direct service (that would be an upgrade!)

Good news about JFK getting a 747 - hoepfully JFK airport can remember that you are not meant to hit the fence with the winglet.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:46 pm

I am in a similar boat, having purchased a return AKL - LAX ticket for travel in June 2012. I'm not terribly worried about the dates [I can go earlier if they would prefer me to]. If I had to go through Sydney first - I would assume that they would pay for that and there would be no extra cost to me? I really want to fly Qantas - not with any other airline!

Is it likely that they will e-mail me - or shall I contact them first? I've not been in this situation before. I am relaxed about it though - shame though as I always loved the ease of travelling straight through to LAX with Qantas .
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:16 am

Programs: QFF
We will offer increased premium service from Los Angeles to New York with our upgraded B747 aircraft.
Does that mean that they'll be selling W on LAX-JFK?

Personally, I had hoped that the "rebound in the Japan market" would have meant resumption of the PER-NRT service, which was stopped after the tsunami/Fukushimi events
They retired the 2 767s required for that right after they pulled the PER-NRT service. They could always resume it with A330s, but with more 747s going the 330s are getting used more so I doubt they'd have enough to use 2 for PER-NRT (though they would only need 1 if they didn't park the aircraft all day in Japan).

So they are replacing the transcon 747 with another 330. I guess that means they are retiring the one remaining 2 class 744 (OJD?)
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Honeygirl
I am in a similar boat, having purchased a return AKL - LAX ticket for travel in June 2012. I'm not terribly worried about the dates [I can go earlier if they would prefer me to]. If I had to go through Sydney first - I would assume that they would pay for that and there would be no extra cost to me? I really want to fly Qantas - not with any other airline!

Is it likely that they will e-mail me - or shall I contact them first? I've not been in this situation before. I am relaxed about it though - shame though as I always loved the ease of travelling straight through to LAX with Qantas .
They would offer you an option via AUS and they wouldn't charge you for it. Wait until the contact you - they will go through the process, there isn't any real urgency to get it done in the next 24 hours.

QF107/108 to JFK will sell W cabin all the way to JFK.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:27 am

Programs: VA Platinum (BIS); VS Red; EK Blue; QF Gold; AA; Golden Circle executive; A Club Silver; SPG PG
I had J award seats in July too. Hopefully my syd-bne-akl-lax routing can turn into syd-lax on A380! Now that works for me!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by AnonymousCoward
Interesting, QF sent out an ad for sale fares Singapore-Mumbai through to Aug 31st
Codeshare on 9W?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Im booked on SIN-BOM J on award Ticket booked trough MALEV.

QF announced they will honor MA issued Tickets. But now in this Case will QF rebook me aswell?
Old Feb 16, 2012, 6:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VHOEJ
Anyone booked MEL/AKL/LAX vv would surely be put on the direct service (that would be an upgrade!)

Good news about JFK getting a 747 - hoepfully JFK airport can remember that you are not meant to hit the fence with the winglet.
I hope you are right. Fact is my itinerary starts in Cairns on the 25th and continues from MEL on the 26th. a direct MEL - LAX on the A380 wouldn't bother me AT ALL But even a 747 would do. As long as it's QF metal
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP
I just got off the telephone with Qantas. The reservation agent indicated that the reaccommodation process will start on Feb 20.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:16 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by catmndu
I just got off the telephone with Qantas. The reservation agent indicated that the reaccommodation process will start on Feb 20.
Any idea of whether they will put us on other QF flights or what? I do not wanna fly fj or Tahiti nui :-(
Old Feb 16, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: QF-Gold
Another potential problem is visa requirements. For people from some countries,travel from LAX-AKL requires a NZ visa. Travelling LAX-SYD-AKL (which I think QF are likely to suggest) requires an Australian transit visa. These are "free", but involve substantial costs in terms of courier, payment methods and time. Not to mention the (however small) chance of the transit visa being rejected. An additional inconvenience that I didn't sign up for when I bought the ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.