QF cutting AKL - LAX

Old Feb 15, 12, 6:01 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
QF cutting AKL - LAX

So, I guess everyone heard the news. From May no more AKL - LAX.

Unfortunately for me, I had a CNS - MEL - AKL - LAX booked on QF for July 25th... through AA miles (Award ticket). SO... after struggling so HARD to get a J seat somehow from Australia to the US... will I have to start everything again or will I be automatically rebooked?

Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 12, 6:13 pm

Programs: QF WP, VA SG
QF should rebook you. Presumably onto MEL-LAX direct. If you had a stopover in AKL booked you may have some trouble.
Old Feb 15, 12, 6:38 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

No stopover, just it was the only routing open in J... I may actually get lucky after all...

Last edited by oneworld82; Feb 15, 12 at 7:25 pm
Old Feb 15, 12, 7:13 pm

Programs: really nothing anymore
akl-lax cut

I saw this post and decided to check my own flight on June 12th on QF25, mel-akl-lax. It's still active on my qantas pnr (booked with Alaska Airlines miles). I then checked Expertflyer for akl-lax and the flight is still showing as active.

Where did you hear that Qantas was cancelling mel-akl-lax? thanks
Old Feb 15, 12, 7:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by catmndu View Post
I saw this post and decided to check my own flight on June 12th on QF25, mel-akl-lax. It's still active on my qantas pnr (booked with Alaska Airlines miles). I then checked Expertflyer for akl-lax and the flight is still showing as active.

From http://www.smh.com.au/business/earni...216-1ta8n.html

Originally Posted by smh
Qantas will ditch services between Singapore and Mumbai, and between Auckland and Los Angeles from May 6. These are in addition to its previous announcement to withdraw from the Hong Kong-London and Bangkok-London routes from next month.

It will also reduce capacity on a range of routes including Sydney-Bangkok, Sydney-Perth and Melbourne-Perth by down gauging to smaller aircraft. Qantas will also put into early retirement to further Boeing 747 aircraft.
Old Feb 15, 12, 7:26 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
Has anyone ever experience something like this? I hope I do not lose my award J seat, it's so hard to come by!
Old Feb 15, 12, 7:28 pm

Programs: really nothing anymore
Thanks for the link. For me this will be my first trip on Qantas. Should I worry much about Qantas accommodating me on another flight in the same class of service (currently in business)?
Old Feb 15, 12, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by robertocusato View Post
Has anyone ever experience something like this? I hope I do not lose my award J seat, it's so hard to come by!
You will probably be automatically re-accommodated by Qantas onto another Qantas flight
Old Feb 15, 12, 7:35 pm

Programs: QF-Gold
I have a similar situation. LAX-AKL-LAX (economy) booked on points post May. Very interested in finding out how accommodating QF will be.
Old Feb 15, 12, 7:55 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Just do not accept QF rebooking you on FJ or even a TN operated flight.
I can now see how hard it will be getting QFF redemptions to the US now....right when I was thinking about it for Mrs and Little Miss Blackcloud.
Once again it shows how little committed QF is to NZ, I still remember that after they announced cessation of QF NZ Domestic service, closure of QP Clubs with no replacement (except AKL) and reduced Trans Tasman Service......
Old Feb 15, 12, 8:00 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Wonder what will happen to the LAX-JFK part of QF107 then.......

Dave
Old Feb 15, 12, 8:02 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA
Originally Posted by catmndu View Post
Media release on the QF website reporting verbatim Alan Joyce's speech on QF's half-year results
Today I announce that we will also be withdrawing services from the Singapore-Mumbai and Auckland-Los Angeles routes in May.
We will replace our B747 Sydney services to Bangkok with A330 aircraft from June.
And on the Sydney-Auckland route, A330s will be replaced with B737-800 aircraft.
We are adding wide body A330 aircraft to Melbourne-Perth and allocating A330s on certain services between Sydney and Perth in place of B747s.
With these network changes and with a critical mass of 12 A380s in our fleet, we will be retiring two B747s in addition to the four that are due to retire in April this year.
This accelerates our plan to simplify and modernise our fleet.
We continue innovating to be Best for Global Travellers.
Two B747s have been upgraded to A380 product standards, with seven to follow soon.
We have commenced award-winning A380 services to Hong Kong.
We are expanding and improving our international lounges.
In response to a rebound in the Japan market we will be moving to daily B747 Japan services, up from six per week.
We will offer increased premium service from Los Angeles to New York with our upgraded B747 aircraft.
Personally, I had hoped that the "rebound in the Japan market" would have meant resumption of the PER-NRT service, which was stopped after the tsunami/Fukushimi events
Old Feb 15, 12, 8:03 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA
Originally Posted by thadocta View Post
Wonder what will happen to the LAX-JFK part of QF107 then.......

Dave
It's going back to a B747 - see my post prior to this one
Old Feb 15, 12, 8:08 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Interesting, QF sent out an ad for sale fares Singapore-Mumbai through to Aug 31st
Old Feb 15, 12, 8:24 pm

Programs: Something lifetime here and there
So much for F Award booking...

Was going to finalize a BKK-SYD-MEL RT over New Years for 2 F seats tomorrow, but, with these changes, all the F award space disappeared.

Oh well....back to the drawing board.....

Any recommendations? open to book *A and OW to pull it off...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: