Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas International & Domestic grounded

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas International & Domestic grounded

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:46 am

Programs: QFF
QF5 and QF9 got out before the grounding. Both are heading for SIN now. Will they get held in SIN or will they continue on to Europe?

From what's been mentioned in the media re booking of hotel rooms, I'm thinking that this may have been one of serveral placed on the table as an option during this week, depending on what happened at/during the AGM. Then something happened yesterday that cause the board to pick this option instead of one of their other ones.
The hotel rooms were booked in case they were needed. Rooms can be cancelled.

ABC talking to the Greens now. @_@ People have no idea what a $2 million package means. It isn't a pay rise. And trying to link it to this Occupy thing? ...?
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:46 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by cbourl
Good! Fly Qantas!!!! And pay a premium! QF management luv you and your wallet! If Ur in UA Y get an exit row if ur UA/Co Gold and bring Ur own IPAD /Notebook/both
Y is Y is Y any airline! As if Im gonna watch some crappy IFE in LX F or LH F or QF Y And as if I'd pay a premium to fly to Dallas to connect to the pit of pitss AA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Will gladly fly QF/AA over UA ..can get my exit row in Y no dramas, and no need to provide my own IFE (I would expect to provide it on a LCC)
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Himeno
QF5 and QF9 got out before the grounding. Both are heading for SIN now. Will they get held in SIN or will they continue on to Europe?

From what's been mentioned in the media re booking of hotel rooms, I'm thinking that this may have been one of serveral placed on the table as an option during this week, depending on what happened at/during the AGM. Then something happened yesterday that cause the board to pick this option instead of one of their other ones.
The hotel rooms were booked in case they were needed. Rooms can be cancelled.

ABC talking to the Greens now. @_@ People have no idea what a $2 million package means. It isn't a pay rise ^^;; And trying to link it to this Occupy thing? ...?

AFAIK they will be allowed through to Europe if QF hold to the all flights in the air will get to their destination mantra.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:49 am
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
QF5 and QF9 got out before the grounding. Both are heading for SIN now. Will they get held in SIN or will they continue on to Europe?...
So there are people currently on planes who probably don't know that they are flying into industrial action and may not get home easily?

Interesting that there are at least 17 world leaders who were going to fly home on Qantas. Wonder how they will get home?
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:50 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
Many people would say the same about UA as you are saying about Qantas.

The price may be different but so is how you are treated.
Exactly - "What happended to your drink? Did it evaporate" Give me US >>>>>>> Au crew anyday! At least they can pronounce my surname instead of calling me "Dr " A bit like doing business in Au as compared to US!!!

Last edited by cbourl; Oct 29, 2011 at 3:51 am Reason: typo
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Blackadder1402
AFAIK they will be allowed through to Europe if QF hold to the all flights in the air will get to their destination mantra.
There is a crew change in Singapore though; also based on an earlier post that said that the inbound flight to Oz from UK that didn't get away in time from SIN was offloaded
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:51 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Bronze | DELTA Skymiles | EK Skywards | Lufthansa Miles&More
No doubt this is an emergency situation for QANTAS... Nevertheless I am surprised by Alan Joyce courage to do the right thing. The unions are the number one reason why QANTAS has no chance to survive in the long-term. Only severe intervention by the Australian government can now help QANTAS to win the fight against the union officials that are out of touch with reality...
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:54 am

Programs: SPG, FPC, US
ABC talking to the Greens now. @_@ People have no idea what a $2 million package means. It isn't a pay rise. And trying to link it to this Occupy thing? ...?
I was sitting there screaming at the TV while that Greens Senator was speaking. She has no knowledge about business. "QANTAS made $500 million last year, they have so much money to spend on higher salaries..." yada yada yada
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:54 am

Programs: LHSen UA1K VAGold QFSilv HHon Diamond ShangrilaJade Radisson Gold SPG Gold Marriott Gold Hertz Presi
Or why dont we al ljust fly Jetstar SYD-PER
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
There is a crew change in Singapore though; also based on an earlier post that said that the inbound flight to Oz from UK that didn't get away in time from SIN was offloaded
Overseas based crews aren't affected, so could possibly get around it.
So if the crew is SIN or Europe based to take it onwards then could be ok, possibly a Australian based crew inbound from SIN hence the no fly.
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Originally Posted by EK flyer
No doubt this is an emergency situation for QANTAS... Nevertheless I am surprised by Alan Joyce courage to do the right thing. The unions are the number one reason why QANTAS has no chance to survive in the long-term. Only severe intervention by the Australian government can now help QANTAS to win the fight against the union officials that are out of touch with reality...

What courage? The years and years of poor and incompetent management who let this happen should be held responsible. Most of them have left and cannot be made to answer for their poor performance.

The unions are comprised of the members of the company, i.e. their employees. So union busting is employee bashing. It has often been said that management get the unions they deserve.

I wonder what the employees did to get the useless management they got?

There is no other way left for Qantas, if it really wants to have a chance to survive it really needs to rationalize its workforce pay and set the house straight. Their employee costs are way too high and with such frequent strikes they will keep bleeding more and more. Sooner or later tough steps need to be taken.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by planensimple
There is no other way left for Qantas, if it really wants to have a chance to survive it really needs to rationalize its workforce pay and set the house straight. Their employee costs are way too high and with such frequent strikes they will keep bleeding more and more. Sooner or later tough steps need to be taken.
So , if a union calls a strike it is a bad thing , but if the management do effectively the same thing it is ok and "the only way" ?
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by cbourl
Or why dont we al ljust fly Jetstar SYD-PER
In case you haven't realised QF and JQ operate independantly of each other.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:59 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Blackadder1402
Overseas based crews aren't affected, so could possibly get around it.
So if the crew is SIN or Europe based to take it onwards then could be ok, possibly a Australian based crew inbound from SIN hence the no fly.
IIRC there is no F/A base in SIN (other than jet*). SIN-AU sectors are operated with AU-based F/A's, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.