Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Optus joins Qantas Frequent Flyer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: United mileage plus, qantas frequent flyer silver
optus deal

Thanks for this Willyroo, can you, or anyone else further assist in my decision making process re why I should change from Mobile3 to optus?

I am an avid gather of qantas ff points predominantly via shopping and bill paying. I am on a lowly Mobile 3 $29 a month deal with $120 a month of free talk that includes calls to UK where my only child has decided to reverse migrate to!

My 2 year plan has now expired with Mobile 3 and so I am semi interested in the Optus deal.

I live at Glenelg in South Australia.

I do not use my Nokia 63 for internet use and this is because the text is too small for my 54 year old eyes and the wifi coverage is too inconsistent or poor having recently tried it out in UK and USA..

Thanks to anyone for some impartial advice!

Regards from gezza, (almost re-adjusted to Oz time)
Old Sep 22, 2011, 6:54 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Originally Posted by gezza48
assist in my decision making process re why I should change from Mobile3 to optus?
We are getting away from QF and Optus. A really good place to learn more is the Whirlpool Forum - hours of reading for you there...
Old Sep 22, 2011, 7:45 pm

Quite agree so thank you very much for the link Willyroo, cheers, gezza
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:37 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Got my email 5th September and registered my personal and work accounts at 2.20pm. Got the Optus email within seconds:

Originally Posted by Optus
The accounts below have been added:
Code:
Account Number      Account Type     Account Status
8740xxxxxxxxxxxxx   Added Account    Pending
8030xxxxxxxxxxxxx   Added Account    Pending
8030xxxxxxxxxxxxx   Added Account    Pending
This is starting to annoy me , well beyond the stated 2 weeks...and no contact from Optus to confirm the account numbers.

Now they are sending out mail to businesses (we got one today) still doing the announcement. Well I've already done it Optus and you haven't met your stated 2 weeks...FGS, underpromise and overdeliver, not the other way around - because that is the best way to really pi$$ off your valued customers.

Just checked my wife's account (who had her account confirmed when I lodged her application) and mine. Nothing in either.

Others have received their confirmation and no, this statement doesn't make me feel any better:

"You will earn points when the payment of your added Optus account has been processed. Please allow up to 30 days after payment has been processed for your points to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account."
Old Sep 29, 2011, 3:02 am

Colleagues at work think Optus coverage generally stin..k.s so i wont be changing any time soon
Old Sep 29, 2011, 4:22 am

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by gezza48
Colleagues at work think Optus coverage generally stin..k.s so i wont be changing any time soon
I have always had good coverage from Optus.

My account was validated almost immediately.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 8:53 pm

Programs: QF, HH
I got the email pretty much straight away and it said "valid", so I assume my account has also been 'validated'.

But when you walk into an Optus shop to top up your phone with credit, do you swipe your Qantas card?

Chap told me to go online, click on the "Claim Missing Points" and do it that way. But I only linked my Optus and QFF accounts yesterday. Nothing in the list yet about Optus. So, how does/will QFF now I just spent $40 (yeah, not much but they all add up in the end don't they)? Or will I not get those, and only after 30 days or whatever will I be able to earn points?
Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:27 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Looks like Optus's CS standards are sliding backwards (still haven't heard or seen anything from them)....I though that was the domain of Telstra

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.