Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Building a stronger Qantas

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:24 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I found the omission of the A330 and 787 rather mysterious.
Personally lots of talk about new gateways, but on partners.
Unless QFFP will allow upgrade options these partners and status bonus then definitely not good.
I noiced AJ specially mention extra benefits for Silver and Gold QFFers.
I hope that the new Asian JV is made immediately part of OW so we get all our benefits.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:26 pm
Suspended

So more code sharing on long haul routes: advantage BA, AA, LA.

Shame really, if I'd wanted to fly more BA I'd simply book with them - premium tickets are generally substantially cheaper than QF. However, you gets what you pays for and IMO QF's premium product is leagues ahead of BA's equivalents. As for AA's 'premium' products, it's a little too early in the morning to be having such a laugh.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:30 pm
Company Representative - Qantas Airways

Programs: Qantas Airways
Originally Posted by im.daniel
Why are Qantas spending such an exorbitant amount on lounges? Surely that 400m can be invested elsewhere ...
$400M would make for very impressive lounges!

This $400M also covers upgrading the interior of 9 747's to align with the A380product, rolling out Faster, Smarter Check-in in New Zealand as well as enhancements to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and customer experience.

Cheers,
Red Roo
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by im.daniel
Why are Qantas spending such an exorbitant amount on lounges? Surely that 400m can be invested elsewhere ...
$400M would make for very impressive lounges!

This $400M also covers upgrading the interior of 9 747's to align with the A380product, rolling out Faster, Smarter Check-in in New Zealand as well as enhancements to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and customer experience.

Cheers,
Red Roo
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles
Don't worry about it for now because they *SHOULD BE* re-routing you on QF AND LAN (LA) per oneWorld Amadeus systems but I would call in a month when the 28/8 date is certain and the CSR reps know everything.

Most likely you will be routed EZE-SCL-SYD with the first flight on LAN.

LAN runs a every 2 hour shuttle between EZE and SCL (big business cities in their OWN right in South America) so no problem.

The SCL-SYD direct will probably leave @ 22:50 like the LAN flight to AKL and SYD and arrive in SYD +2 0730 prime time for domestic and Asia connections.

Also the SYD departure time to SCL will be timed +1/2 hours later I'm guessing because it will allow a more possible window for late connecting pax to Latin America from East Asia and a 1030/1100 arrival (it arrives frequently 0.5/1 hour earlier in Latin America due to the winds over the South Pacific ocean!).

Also LA/CX/JL have gotten A-LOT stronger recently due to the Asia-><-Latin America connections including freight. CX because of Southern China so the faster route via AKL in which CX and LA swap passengers each day in AKL currently. Also backup with QF in case that's booked full.

QF and LA both from Latin American passengers in transit to Asia via SYD or AKL and vice verca.

The JL and LA connection is a lesser extent because Japan is in NE Asia for absolute fastest routing in time+total travel time can be via the USA gateways (NRT-LAX/DFW to Santiago/Western Latin America and JFK for Eastern Latin America, LA/AA run all those direct flights!)

Those passengers will also have the SYD/AKL option if they don't want to transit the USA (

Also there are rumours of LAN launching with the deliveries of 787's SCL-LHR direct in Europe to take both QF passengers second and mainly BA's LHR hub. in addition to the current SCL-MAD-FRA (Colonial ties /w Spain + Heart of EU!).

LAN is also launching destinations in North America later /w the same 787 deliveries and possibly East Asia.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by number_6
It sounds like QF will replace BA on SIN-LHR flights (using A380s), so QF continues to use all 8 slots at LHR. In turn BA gets BKK and HKG. Given SQ competition with A380 it is a good idea for both BA and QF, fly all-A380s SIN-LHR and use T5 for HKG and BKK.
Why can't have enough more tougher competitive against QF, BA, SQ. Isn't good idea to reduced the flight. I wasn't sure if LHR slots will be selling. If there is change the route or frequency will be reduced. Can't have put A380 fly someplace else? Perhaps, I think QF can have a consider to put the A380 service SYD-DFW-BNE-SYD. That way QF can have filled more passengers capacity who have a direct flight from DFW-SYD.

If those route is doing so successful SYD-DFW-BNE-SYD. QF will becomes goes for year-rund long. It will guaranteed can do that. It's important for lots of Australian populations who like going to DFW. Is a best logical choice for QF can have enough more supportive.

Originally Posted by matthandy
BA will continue to operate a LHR-SIN-SYD service:

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2011081...w81fc4pd2m.pdf
Why they change the flight from QF to BA? Because it was too extremely overcrowded who flown SYD-SIN-LHR? Isn't enough more competitive against BA & SQ?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:50 pm

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Hmmm.... I have booked an F Award SYD-MEL-LHR (on QF 29/30) in May. I wonder what that will do ? Would be happy to go direct from Sydney if offered
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by brithk
i am booked outbound in april return in may - any ideas?
Hi there, From early 2012 we'll start direct services from Sydney to Santiago, instead of Buenos Aires. However this is still subject to government and regulatory approval, so we cannot provide specific updates yet. Will advise as soon as I hear anything.
Cheers, Red Roo
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:47 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Red Roo
Hi there, From early 2012 we'll start direct services from Sydney to Santiago, instead of Buenos Aires. However this is still subject to government and regulatory approval, so we cannot provide specific updates yet. Will advise as soon as I hear anything.
Cheers, Red Roo
Will there still be code-shares on LA?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by JeffAA
When will HKG-LHR service cease?
Hi there, Approx April 2012. But please check with QF on 13 13 13 before making any plans. Cheers, Red Roo
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by og
Will there still be code-shares on LA?
Hi Og, Where to? Cheers, Red Roo
Old Aug 16, 2011, 12:03 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Hi Og, Where to? Cheers, Red Roo
Sorry, should have specified SYD-SCL. I assume that there will be a new code share SCL-EZE as well?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 12:19 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Cheers, Red Roo
How carefully are you choosing your words Red Roo?

You say direct services, not non-stop services
Does that mean an intermediate stop somewhere?
If so, where?
Old Aug 16, 2011, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by pandaperth
How carefully are you choosing your words Red Roo?

You say direct services, not non-stop services
Does that mean an intermediate stop somewhere?
If so, where?
Sorry, this flight will be non-stop to Santiago.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 1:13 am

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by ozzie
Hmmm.... I have booked an F Award SYD-MEL-LHR (on QF 29/30) in May. I wonder what that will do ? Would be happy to go direct from Sydney if offered
If you go on QF29 I hope your F experience is better than ours was in June.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.