Search

747 reconfiguration update

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:06 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Platinum A332
Only two bathrooms for the entire Business cabin downstairs? On the plus side, PE seems to get a dedicated bathroom....
You're right - where have all the toilets gone?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by og
You're right - where have all the toilets gone?
Long time passing
Originally Posted by og
... where have all the toilets gone?
Long time ago
Originally Posted by og
...where have all the toilets gone?
... gone to skybeds ... every one ...

When will they ever learn?

©1961 (Renewed) Fall River Music Inc
All Rights Reserved.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:08 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serfty
Long time passingLong time ago... gone to skybeds ... every one ...

...lets hope they never block...
lets hope they flush
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:51 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Only two bathrooms for the entire Business cabin downstairs? On the plus side, PE seems to get a dedicated bathroom....
Why on earth would you want to take a bath in a plane? Surely they'd be better off using the space for lavatories?
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:13 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Why on earth would you want to take a bath in a plane? Surely they'd be better off using the space for lavatories?
EK seems to disagree with you (with their showers on A380s)
Old Sep 30, 2011, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by BadgerBoi
Semantics. Certain dictionaries define bathroom as having a toilet and basin, whereas others do define one as having a toilet, basin and shower; while some also include a bath in the definition of bathroom. Just saying.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:06 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Semantics. Certain dictionaries define bathroom as having a toilet and basin, whereas others do define one as having a toilet, basin and shower; while some also include a bath in the definition of bathroom. Just saying.
um, yes, I do understand. It's just one of those appalling Americanisms that shouldn't take hold. Just saying.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 6:06 pm

Programs: Qantas WP, LTG , Delta, SPG, Priority Club
Question

Following the recent announcement about changes to Qantas international routes, does anyone know what is happening with aircraft on routes that are likely to continue as 4 class? I am thinking of SYD-LAX QF107/8 and SYD-JNG which are currently 4 class 744s. No doubt there are others as well.

Will these routes switch to A380 or will they continue with non-refurbished 744s or will they switch to 3 class 744s?

Apologies if there is already a post on this; I have looked but couln't find anything.

Thanks
Old Oct 11, 2011, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The "Flag" first class routes appear to be QF31/QF32, QF9/QF10, QF11/QF12 & QF93/QF94. They would be operated by 4 class 388.

I believe all other longhaul routes will be operated by 3 class 388/744 (J/W/Y) and 2 class 330 (J/Y).

I am not taking the 787 into consideration with this.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 6:44 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
The "Flag" first class routes appear to be QF31/QF32, QF9/QF10, QF11/QF12 & QF93/QF94. They would be operated by 4 class 388.

I believe all other longhaul routes will be operated by 3 class 388/744 (J/W/Y) and 2 class 330 (J/Y).

I am not taking the 787 into consideration with this.
Which begs the question: what are QF doing with a refurbished F Lounge in HKG?

BD
Old Oct 11, 2011, 7:38 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BD1959
Which begs the question: what are QF doing with a refurbished F Lounge in HKG?
Maybe cheaper than paying CX for all the WPs who are flocking to the WING. Or QF is trying to look after their WPs
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:25 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Or it is actually a joint BA/QF lounge (just like the present one) and the F refurb is being driven by BA who needs to stay competitive with VS and NZ not to mention CX on LHR-HKG service. QF hasn't announced how much, if anything, that they are paying for the HKG F lounge refurb, only that it is being done (they have announced the total for all lounges, which does suggest a bit of coyness).
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't expect a significant proportion of the Lounge budget would be chewed up by the Newsonising of the Hong Kong First class lounge. Aside from refurbishing of walls/furniture and perhaps an allowance for a more open kitchen, I can't see any structual changes being necessary.

Last edited by serfty; Oct 12, 2011 at 12:21 am
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:56 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by number_6
Or it is actually a joint BA/QF lounge (just like the present one) and the F refurb is being driven by BA who needs to stay competitive with VS and NZ not to mention CX on LHR-HKG service. QF hasn't announced how much, if anything, that they are paying for the HKG F lounge refurb, only that it is being done (they have announced the total for all lounges, which does suggest a bit of coyness).
The HKG F refurb is finished and there is no hint of a BA logo anywhere. It is actually quite pleasant and a viable alternative to the WING.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 11:11 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by number_6
Given the recent denials regarding QF subsidising JQ operations, I would suspect that the current, much-vaunted FLounge refurb would be called out as a joint-enhancement with BA if there was any likelihood that this was at the behest of BA.

BD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.