Community
Wiki Posts
Search

747 reconfiguration update

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by igel
Well according to the schedules at the moment for post 3/13 to end 10/13, the daily SIN-MEL, SIN-BNE and the SIN-SYD are all B744, so all have PE.
PE hard product is the same on all B744 whether refurbished or not.
And hopefully continue past that! I think PE has become the new J and J the new F!
Old Oct 13, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by dddc
I think PE has become the new J and J the new F!
Couldn't agree with you more on that. This is why so many airlines don't have a first class cabin anymore.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:24 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
And hopefully continue past that! I think PE has become the new J and J the new F!
Definitely a trend. We are seeing 4-class aircraft now, but many now reverting to 3 classes. With many corporations not permitting or severely limiting first class travel, business class may be the best option available to many passengers. Same goes for those who could once travel in business class but since GFC have been banished to "economy" and may be able to get away with Premium Economy. So by providing better service in J and Y+, the airlines can still receive premium fares and employees can conform to more restictive corporate travel policies. A win all round.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 9:49 am

On a reconfigured QF 747 DFW-BNE which 2 seats to pick:
15A/B 15J/K or 16J/K
Thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 1:24 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by JCary
On a reconfigured QF 747 DFW-BNE which 2 seats to pick:
15A/B 15J/K or 16J/K
Thanks!
15A/B
Old Oct 17, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: QF Plat, UA Silver, VS Silver, Hilton Gold
Just wondering if anyone has any info about what will happen with the reconfigured 747s post-Emirates alliance commencing. I'm booked Mel-Sin in July next year - seat map is showing as a reconfigured 747... so where is it coming from if the 9 are taken with the US/SCL flights?

Seems like many more changes may be ahead following 31 March...
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:46 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by doctorjosh
Got a call from QF this evening to inform me of the change of aircraft from an A380 to a B744 on my flight from SYD to LAX at the end of October. Offered a change of day to be on the A380, which I accepted. I really don't want to be on a non-reconfigured aircraft with those crappy angled Skybeds for 14 hours.
That is sad. I want to be where I need to be, on the date I need to be there.

Changing dates to accommodate an aircraft change is tragix.

Dave
Old Oct 21, 2012, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
quick question - I understand the economy seats on the 747 refurb mirror those on the A380. On both of those, I hear the armrests in economy don't raise the whole way up.

Can someone advise how limiting that is? Can you still lift the armrest up enough to sleep over three/four seats if you were lucky enough to have an empty flight?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 7:20 am

Programs: QF QP
The arm rests lift up to the vertical. On my last flight in Y I had 4 seats and was able to streach out. But in bulkhead seats there is a fixed divider so not possible in those.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Airvan00
The arm rests lift up to the vertical. On my last flight in Y I had 4 seats and was able to streach out. But in bulkhead seats there is a fixed divider so not possible in those.
Was this on a 388 or a refurbed 744?

My one experience with a row of 4 to myself was on a 388. It was sub-optimal as the armrests did not raise mare than ~45° from horizontal.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Not really, I mean, the new QF J is nothing like F. However, some airlines do have J products that are almost as good as its F product, e.g., Oman Air.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 3:59 am

Programs: QF QP
Originally Posted by serfty
Was this on a 388 or a refurbed 744?

My one experience with a row of 4 to myself was on a 388. It was sub-optimal as the armrests did not raise mare than ~45° from horizontal.
It was in row 62 on a 388. I have not encounted armrests only rising 45° on either 388 or refurbished 744. Must have been luckily.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 7:36 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by thadocta
That is sad. I want to be where I need to be, on the date I need to be there.

Changing dates to accommodate an aircraft change is tragix.

Dave
I know but my departure date was flexible. I could've left another day later if I needed to. It actually turned out better that I'm departing a day later. If I had to be where I needed to be on the date that I needed to be there, i wouldn't have changed.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:51 pm

Programs: QFF
Does anyone know if there is an unofficial policy for rows 43 and 44 in economy? This seatguru map mentions them being reserved for members with higher ff status.

I am booked for a flight next February and both rows appear as completely full at the moment (as are 45-49, with the exception of 46B, which I am considering). I am only Silver, any chance seats the seats in row 43 will open up? And if so, any guesses on when I should be watching out? I am trying to decide whether to pay for the exit row seat (46B) or try my luck for one of these.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 8:55 pm

I have noticed that the reconfigured 747 occasionally appears on the NRT route on about 25% of all flights. When the 9th aircraft comes online, will the Tokyo route get the new product consistently?

It would be nice if Qantas upgraded a couple more 747s to ensure that no matter what 747 or 380 route you fly, you will get the same hard product. And then they should start on the A330!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.