Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Frequent Flyer number on JQ boarding pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frequent Flyer number on JQ boarding pass

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Question Frequent Flyer number on JQ boarding pass

If my JQ boarding pass has the words "Frequent Flyer" on it, does it mean that my QFF number has been successfully captured when I checked in for the flight?
The regular QF boarding pass will actually show the number eg
"QF Gold OW Saph QF 1234567" or something like that.
I did enter the number when I did the booking for JQ Starclass.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:12 pm

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, MH Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by igel
If my JQ boarding pass has the words "Frequent Flyer" on it, does it mean that my QFF number has been successfully captured when I checked in for the flight?
The regular QF boarding pass will actually show the number eg
"QF Gold OW Saph QF 1234567" or something like that.
I did enter the number when I did the booking for JQ Starclass.
Well, if your QFF number is on your JQ boarding pass (and you're flying Star Class), it has obviously been captured and you'll get the points for that flight. ^
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:23 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
My last four Jetstar boarding passes just had the words 'FREQUENT FLYER', but with no number shown.

Two of them have shown up on my QFF activity (one being a Jetsaver show it showed up as 0), but they are taking about three weeks to show up at the moment.

The presence of those words, I would take as a good sign!
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by perthite
My last four Jetstar boarding passes just had the words 'FREQUENT FLYER', but with no number shown.

Two of them have shown up on my QFF activity (one being a Jetsaver show it showed up as 0), but they are taking about three weeks to show up at the moment.

The presence of those words, I would take as a good sign!
I travel on JQ a lot for work (only because QF doesn't fly to those places anymore) and my QFF number is always there. Even though it's a Jetsaver fare, the flight is logged into my QFF account but I don't earn any points or status credits. And, yes, they do take several weeks to show up on my QFF account.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Thanks perthite and doctorjosh.
So I guess only the words "Frequent Flyer" will appear on the JQ boarding pass and not the actual QFF number as on the regular QF boarding passes?
Guess I will have to wait for about 3 weeks to see whether the points show up before putting in an online claim request.
Re doctorjosh, the reason why I opened up the thread was because my QFF number did not appear on the JQ boarding pass when it was printed out, it only had the words "Frequent Flyer".
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:34 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by doctorjosh
I travel on JQ a lot for work (only because QF doesn't fly to those places anymore) and my QFF number is always there. Even though it's a Jetsaver fare, the flight is logged into my QFF account but I don't earn any points or status credits. And, yes, they do take several weeks to show up on my QFF account.
Two of mine were StarClass, and they just had the words 'FREQUENT FLYER'., similar to what igel is reporting. I have heard that there are some variations in what shows up on the boarding pass.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:39 pm

Thanks perthite and doctorjosh.

Re doctorjosh, the reason why I opened up the thread was because my QFF number did not appear on the JQ boarding pass when it was printed out, it only had the words "Frequent Flyer".
My QFF number never shows up on the boarding pass either but it does indicate that the QFF number is in my booking when the boarding pass states Frequent Flyer.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Do all Starclass fares earn mileage and status points, including those promotional non-refundable fares? The JQ itineraries do not show the booking classes at all.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Do all Starclass fares earn mileage and status points, including those promotional non-refundable fares? The JQ itineraries do not show the booking classes at all.
They book into either J or D class, and yes, they do earn points/SC's as for Business Class.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Yep, they're a fantastic earner, often for a great price. When promotional fares are comparable to QF Y, it's an easy choice.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by deeruck
Yep, they're a fantastic earner, often for a great price. When promotional fares are comparable to QF Y, it's an easy choice.
Absolutely! Definitely worth it when there's a promotion on Star Class.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 3:14 am

Of course...I have got my velocity frequent flyer number on my Emirates and Virgin Atlantic boarding passes.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 4:44 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
On my Jetsaver Light u/g to Starclass, no FF number recorded and still clearly marked JS LIGHT. All OK 3 wks later.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:35 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Last night's JQ BP did not show anything.
I asked the Check In Agent and she could not find a reference to it then promised to load it in later for m
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:50 pm

Different JQ boarding passes show different things.

"Frequent Flyer" (on an International flight is supposed to mean your FF number is captured. Whether it posts is another story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.