Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF flight (BA coded) and status credits

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF

My first post...

I'm a QFF Silver flying Premium Economy to Australia from LHR. I will be flying on QF metal (with a BA code - the flight was a real bargain!). Will the QFF system recognise this flight in order to retain status or will it treat it like just another One World flight.

Also, I have a voucher to use the Qantas Club - will I be able to use this on a BA coded QF flight at Sydney airport?

Thanks!
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If it has a QF flight number, then it is a Qantas flight as far as any miles ,status credit, count towards 4 required for renewal requirements go

I would expect that you would be able to use the Qantas CLub lounge access card too

Dave
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Dave...

It is a BA code on a QF flight the difference between the BA fare and QF fare was 700 (!!!) during the BA sale.

I prefer QF premium economy product to BA, so made the decision to buy a BA codeshare flight on QF plane...
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Since it's on the "Kangaroo" route you will earn QFF points / SC's as if you were travelling on a Qantas Flight number on flights BA coded flights between MEL/SYD and LHR. However, as far of status goes, this will not count as one of your four eligibale flights on QF/JQ.

If you are travelling on a BA coded flight (qantas netal) between, say, MEL and SYD, you will earn mile at 25% with a minimum earn of 125. SC's will be as for Qantas

Last edited by serfty; Feb 13, 2011 at 4:49 pm
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
It will not give you a 'Mr Squiggle' to go towards your 4 QF sectors a year.
You will get QFF Points and Status Credits though.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Thanks... this is from the terms and condition section of the QFF legal stuff:

"20.1.5 The travel required in each Membership Year to attain or retain Silver, Gold or Platinum status level must include a minimum of four Eligible Flight Segments where Qantas, QantasLink or a Jetstar Airline is the Marketing Carrier"

Does this mean on the 'Kangaroo' route it doesn't matter - as BA/QF have the joint service agreement thing?

Ollie
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by ollieandco
... must include a minimum of four Eligible Flight Segments where Qantas, QantasLink or a Jetstar Airline is the Marketing Carrier"

Does this mean on the 'Kangaroo' route it doesn't matter - as BA/QF have the joint service agreement thing?

Ollie
Marketing carrier refers to the flight number - it must be QF or JQ.

The JSA does not apply in this respect.

Since you are on a BA flight number, it does not satisfy that requirement.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
It will not give you a 'Mr Squiggle' to go towards your 4 QF sectors a year.
You will get QFF Points and Status Credits though.
Maybe I should spend a day flying backwards and forwards between SYD and BNE to get the 4 QF sectors!
Old Feb 13, 2011, 7:19 pm

Thanks Dave...

It is a BA code on a QF flight the difference between the BA fare and QF fare was 700 (!!!) during the BA sale.

I prefer QF premium economy product to BA, so made the decision to buy a BA codeshare flight on QF plane...

I too looked on the BA website last week and noticed big savings on SYD-LHR flights (on QF metal). Pays to look around l guess.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 6:43 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH LT-FTL (HON till 02/25), AB-G†
Maybe I should spend a day flying backwards and forwards between SYD and BNE to get the 4 QF sectors!
SYD-CBR is shorter and sometimes cheaper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.