Wiki Posts
Search

Earn 50% more status credits

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2011, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP LTG PC+,OW Emerald
Earn 50% more status credits

I got an offer to earn 50% more status credits and I got the credits but only a fraction of the number I expected. I am wondering what other peoples take is on the offer.

The offer reads --
^ Recipients of this email will be eligible for 50% more Status credits by registering for this offer via the above registration link in the main text area of this email and then by booking any Qantas International flight with a Qantas flight number where Status credits are normally earned between 1 and 21 December 2010 for travel completed between 1 January and 31 March 2011. This offer is not transferrable. Qantas may extend the offer. Extra Status credits will be awarded within 6 weeks of travel.
--

I booked a flight adl-syd-hkg xmn-Hkg-syd-adl. Depart Dec 26th and return Jan 2 on a DAS13. I paid for D fairs to take advantage of the offer.

But I only got the extra credits for the single HKG-SYD segment. It seems they confuse 'segments' with 'flights' and 'segments' and 'travel'.

Just wanted to get thoughts before contacting Qantas.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 7:54 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Seems correct.

The only international flight in the qualifying period seems to be HKG-SYD
Old Feb 11, 2011, 12:31 am

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
Seems correct.

The only international flight in the qualifying period seems to be HKG-SYD
I agree that this seems to be correct. Their interpretation is individual flights where the flights lands during the 1st Jan - 31st Mar period (e.g. I had a SIN-SYD-SIN trip booked over the Christmas/NY period. The pre-Xmas flight got no bonus but the post-NY flight back did)
Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP LTG PC+,OW Emerald
I guess I took the "Travel Completed" differently. I would take it that if you had a flight out during the periods inicated but returned (ie completed travel) after the period - neither flight would qualify because your travel had not completed in the period.

I thought this was a way of not rewarding people who took open dated return trips when they want to get traffic up right now.

I wonder why they used 'travel completed' rather than 'flight landed'

op

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.