Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Poor LHR T3 lounge experience

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by The Saint
Crikey. On my reading of your post, none of you should have got in at all. You were flying with TG and had no BA status.

Airport Lounges are not a benevolent home for waifs and strays (or people who find the airline lounge to which they have access is not to their taste).

If I rocked up at the QF Lounge in Sydney flying Emirates and waving my BA Gold Card I'd expect, quite rightly, to be told that I could not come in.
+1

If an airline does lots of favours it dilutes the offering for other regular pax.

Also as a Star Alliance F pax, you would have had other options to choose from in T3.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 12:52 pm
Suspended

To be fair anytime access on WP only applies to QF or QF-jointly op lounges and only for access to the J section (according to T&Cs) though I've found the lounge receptionists more than happy to grant access above these privileges when flying non-OW metal ex SIN at off-peak times.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by IC6A
BA T3 lounge is BA lounge. Not BA/QF JV lounge. Otherwise the QANTAS logo would be together with the BA logo on the wall without Terrace signature.
To be fair there is a big QF logo displayed by the entrance:

Photo credit to Genius1.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Platinum, SG Solitaire PPS, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Crikey. On my reading of your post, none of you should have got in at all. You were flying with TG and had no BA status.
If you read the post to the end you would see that I realised my mistake. The point was that we incorrectly thought QF anytime access applied what transpired to be the BA F lounge, then when I didn't get in my wife / father-in-law embarrassingly tried to move to the BA J lounge (which would have been correct if it was a QF / joint lounge) and they were refused access.

Airport Lounges are not a benevolent home for waifs and strays (or people who find the airline lounge to which they have access is not to their taste).
You are being a bit hard there. Isn't flyertalk very much about getting the best experience for your money? If I thought I was entitled, why wouldn't I (or you). I don't like being described as a waif or stray either.

If I rocked up at the QF Lounge in Sydney flying Emirates and waving my BA Gold Card I'd expect, quite rightly, to be told that I could not come in.
Unless you had assumed (as I did incorrectly) that you were allowed access.

Last edited by astonmartinv8; Nov 20, 2010 at 12:58 am
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: VA Platinum, SG Solitaire PPS, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
+1

If an airline does lots of favours it dilutes the offering for other regular pax.

Also as a Star Alliance F pax, you would have had other options to choose from in T3.
I'm sure you are not agreeing with the waif and stray comment made by the saint.

I agree with your first comment. In this case though, as my wife and elderly father had been granted access, I think there may have been special circumstances.

Next time I'll research matters a little better.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wiluk
To be fair there is a big QF logo displayed by the entrance:

Photo credit to Genius1.
Quite and thanks, it isn't that clear (perhaps unless you are well read on lounge rules / ownership in every airport, which I admit I am not) that there is a difference between the BA lounge and "shared" OW lounges.
Old Nov 20, 2010, 2:43 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
As you were travelling TG /F/, you could have gone to the T3 SQ /F/ lounge as *A partner?
Old Nov 22, 2010, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
As you were travelling TG /F/, you could have gone to the T3 SQ /F/ lounge as *A partner?
Thanks, I will next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.