Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QFF Suggestions & Ideas

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 2:56 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Another idea.
I believe that NZ offers priority check in and luggage allowance if you have put in an upgrade request and do not have it approved. QF could try this as it is awkward if you have packed, eg. gifts for family if you think you are going to have your upgrade request approved.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 6:56 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Another suggestion: WPs being able to change award tickets without penalty. AA allows date and time changes without penalty for all tiers, so why can't QF? Rerouting changes are also waived for elite tiers.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 4:02 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH LT-FTL (HON till 02/25), AB-G†
Originally Posted by nth_utsera_sth_utsera
I take offence at the suggestion that those who don't fly a greater number of QF segments are 'freeloaders'. Nonsense. Take the Oz-based flyer who takes the cheapest QF flights to meet the minimum threshold. Compare / contrast with a non-Oz-based flier who flies 4 QF segments / yr in QF F. Who's the freeloader? And who exactly is getting 'shafted' by the latter category?
Why? I spend quite a lot with QF, as it is my main 1W Airline. But I travel with others. What is the cost? I travel with Malev in Business Class. I get Lounge-Access because of my ticket. QF gets money for the miles. So they get revenue out of that. When I travel with BA the Lounge-Access in MUC is covered by my ticket. It may be only the F-Lounge in LHR that has some cost.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 1:33 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
It would be nice to see a response from Red Roo on what THEY see as suggestions raised here that might actually bet getting some consideration vs what might be considered ambit claims (I don't think any suggestions posted here ARE ambit, but I don't work for QF).

I'd like to see carry-over SC credit between membership years. I mean if at my anniversary date I have say 400 SC's and I've earned my Silver renewal at 250, then why can't that 150 roll over to next year. I think DL is doing something like this in the US, and it is understandably quite popular. Essentially any SC's earned over a qualification threshold are wasted when zero'd out, and that seems a shame.

About domestic priority boarding - I think it's just that the agents don't bother with it. As a paid J class flyer in the past year or so I can't think of a single time that a flight had a pre-board for Business Class or OW elite flyers. Just the cattle call.

Of course it doesn't help that pretty much as soon as the F/A's come out of the jetway and set up at the gate readers the queue forms rapidly of the guys sitting in 33D wanting to pile on ASAP (I can understand that if you want overhead space...).

Maybe QF could consider a red carpet entry much like CO has - in that if you come to board the flight and are an elite or J customer, you go to the red carpet and should be allowed on ahead of Y pax.

I doubt that stuff would happen though.

I too think the loyalty bonus is a waste of time. 5,000 points? who cares?! Why not offer a choice? Say:

5,000 points OR 50 SC's or a domestic upgrade.

(I get 50 SC value as equivalent to 5000 points, in that 5 discount Y trips for the shorttest distiance under QFF will earn 5000 points (1000 min x 5) with 5x10 SC's). Or if you want to look at it another way, it's less than a 10% bonus of SC's if you've earned 450.

I know I'd rather take the SC's !

Just a couple of points.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 2:48 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Unless Red Roo posts on this thread regularly (or even from time to time), I cannot see any reason why this thread should remain a "sticky"

After his / her initial post on Oct 29, followed by 2 more that very day, there have been no further posts by Red Roo in this thread...hardly what you would call interaction with your supposedly loyal flyers / readers

willyroo, what do you think? if there are many ongoing posts to this thread, it will remain near the "top" for all to see anyway!!

Last edited by kpc; Nov 22, 2010 at 2:59 am
Old Nov 22, 2010, 8:26 pm

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by RichardMEL

I too think the loyalty bonus is a waste of time. 5,000 points? who cares?! Why not offer a choice? Say:

5,000 points OR 50 SC's or a domestic upgrade.

(I get 50 SC value as equivalent to 5000 points, in that 5 discount Y trips for the shorttest distiance under QFF will earn 5000 points (1000 min x 5) with 5x10 SC's). Or if you want to look at it another way, it's less than a 10% bonus of SC's if you've earned 450.

I know I'd rather take the SC's !
Couldnt agree more!
Old Nov 23, 2010, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by kpc
Unless Red Roo posts on this thread regularly (or even from time to time), I cannot see any reason why this thread should remain a "sticky"

After his / her initial post on Oct 29, followed by 2 more that very day, there have been no further posts by Red Roo in this thread...hardly what you would call interaction with your supposedly loyal flyers / readers

willyroo, what do you think? if there are many ongoing posts to this thread, it will remain near the "top" for all to see anyway!!
+1
With the suggestions that have been raised on AFF and here on FT, a marketing company would charge $$$$$ for this.
And here we are, giving it away for free, under the pretense that something "positive" might come out of it. Unless there is more interaction with Red Roo, l say, don't make this a sticky.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:04 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
+ 1. Either have a dedicated resource like Starwood Lurker's I/II or GoldPassport Concierge, or don't have a presence at all. Oh, and a thank you to those who offered suggestions and insights would have been valued.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 7:44 pm
HW

Programs: QF LTG/WP, Various others = way too much flying
QFF suggestions

My suggestions for potential WP benefits are mainly focussed on things that make the whole flying experience quicker and easier:
- reduced rates for valet and/or chauffeur services (not just after 2400 SCs)
- pre-printed departure and arrival cards
- an express lane card for customs that isn't also given to many others on the plane: it's not an express lane if everyone is able to use it!
- return of ODUs, would like to see them in domestic and international
- ensure baggage services people actually respect priority tagging - on my last international flight it was quite clear that someone had torn it off and that it hadn't become torn by accident

The only other thing is some sort of incentive to keep flying QF after LTG. While I'm still flying QF for a fair chunk of my flights since they're convenient for the legs I fly, I'm now not as reluctant to throw $ to alternate carriers where there is choice (eg the Middle East, Europe). To counter this some sort of benefit to aim at such as LTP (without any age limit!) would be nice. I don't think it costs that much to provide since it's real benefit to me is that when flight events turn things to custard, there is some reasonably quick and meaningful QF service available to assist.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by Oneworldplus2
+1
With the suggestions that have been raised on AFF and here on FT, a marketing company would charge $$$$$ for this.
And here we are, giving it away for free, under the pretense that something "positive" might come out of it. Unless there is more interaction with Red Roo, l say, don't make this a sticky.
Call me cynical, but I never imagine QF's presence here to be anything more than spreading the 'good' news and be an extension of QF's PR machine.

Of course, after these posts, some excuse will be posted explaining the absence and outlining the great plans this presence will help the people here.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 4:52 pm

Programs: QFF WP
Originally Posted by Leumas
Call me cynical, but I never imagine QF's presence here to be anything more than spreading the 'good' news and be an extension of QF's PR machine.

Of course, after these posts, some excuse will be posted explaining the absence and outlining the great plans this presence will help the people here.
Was amazed to see him appear more than once personally. And given most suggestions do not cover the current Frequent Flyer program transormation to a frequent shopper program rewarding once a year travellers at the expense of the people who spend days and weeks sitting on these tin cans i expect them to be dismissed entirely.

Certainly I was happy this morning to see not even the priority sticker on my checked bag, which was one of my earlier gripes. Not that it will particularly matter in KTA.....
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:25 am
Company Representative - Qantas Airways
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Airways
Thank you all for your thoughts and suggestions, I apologise for not having replied in this thread sooner.

Having said that, I've been lurking and following this thread and communicating your ideas. Airlines are fortunate to have passionate communities; I know you are keen to hear more from us. At times for commercial reasons, there are limits on what I'm able to reveal, however I'll update you where I can.

Appreciate your patience and thanks once again for putting together your suggestions for us. Thank you also for flying with us.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 5:46 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
and of all these wonderful suggestions and ideas, the number taken up by QF is......
Old Nov 25, 2010, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Red Roo
Thank you all for your thoughts and suggestions, I apologise for not having replied in this thread sooner.

Having said that, I've been lurking and following this thread and communicating your ideas. Airlines are fortunate to have passionate communities; I know you are keen to hear more from us. At times for commercial reasons, there are limits on what I'm able to reveal, however I'll update you where I can.

Appreciate your patience and thanks once again for putting together your suggestions for us. Thank you also for flying with us.
Red Roo your op suggested this would be a
discussion
. This suggests dialogue rather than merely posing a question and then being a voyeur. This is the fundamental problem with so many companies dipping toes into social spaces, it's such a half-hearted effort and contributors end up feeling like it would've been more rewarding to stay away.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 6:29 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Cutting Red Roo a bit of slack at the moment would be good.
As pointed out for some companies this is new and there has to be some understanding of how to make this work properly to benefit everyone.
NZ has takne this up only this year, and has a senior exec directly communicating, and making a substantial change to his product from this.^
I hope QF can head into that direction as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.