Search

QFF Suggestions & Ideas

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:30 pm
Company Representative - Qantas Airways
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Airways
QFF Suggestions & Ideas

Recently there has been a lot of discussion about QFF here, with a number of interesting suggestions raised. To follow on from this theme, I'd like to ask for your ideas.

How would you improve Qantas Frequent Flyer and how could the program encourage you to fly more with us?

FT is a pretty diverse community, across all tiers, with a variety of domestic/international network flyers and airlines flown. There's no shortage of knowledge and creativity here, so look forward to an interesting discussion.

Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2010, 10:44 pm

Programs: LifeQP LTS, Avis
May I recommend that if you are here for the duration, that this thread be made a "sticky" as it's bound to become VERY interesting for all.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 11:08 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Welcom back Redroo,

Personally, I would like current benefits to be honoured, such as priority boarding. At present I have to leave the lounge a good 5-10 mins before the boarding call, and in some airports like CNS there is already a line waiting to get on the plane. For 737s, and during school holidays, this is more important because of the lack of cabin bagagge space.

I would like to see more of a distinction between SG and WP following recent "enhancements."

Some WP benefits on JQ internationally would be nice. If I don't like LCC, but have no other option than to fly JQ *class because of the QFF program I would like real priority check in, priority luggage, and express immigration cards. In some instances I choose VA's product and forget the points and SCs because their hard product is far superior.

And finally, with AA/BA/IB's recent agreement members of AA can upgrade one cabin using their miles on BA/IB metal. It would be great to be able to do the same with QF points on BA/AA/IB.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would like to see the removal of it being a credit card and woolworth points scheme and go back to being more a frequent *flyer* scheme plus , if I was to start accruing to it again, would want to see redemptions return to a value level that they used to be before majro devaluations set in ; also the removal of charging fuel fines on awards as if fuel is not a fundamental part of running a flight

As it stands, I can use my LT Gold to get into QF lounges if travelling domestically on QF (or another card to visit the DJ lounge if on DJ) but have no plans to accrue any more worthless points to QFF
Old Oct 29, 2010, 12:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by grov
May I recommend that if you are here for the duration, that this thread be made a "sticky" as it's bound to become VERY interesting for all.
I disagree; if there is activity then the thread will stay at the front; if it doesn't then let it drop off to the back pages
Old Oct 29, 2010, 1:00 am

Programs: QFF WP (LTG), VA SG
1/ I second the call for priority boarding (for WP/SG) for domestic departures. I can't really ever recall flying on a full service airline recently that does not have some sort of priority boarding.

2/ Not so much QFF related, but the ability to book a wider range of destinations on qantas.com. For instance, I needed to book a trip to Wichita, KS, but as this is not a QF codeshare destination, no such luck - had to book ticket separately on AA. Why can't Qantas include other oneworld airline destinations in their booking system?

3/ Something else that would add value to the QFF program is a greater range of oneworld benefits for elite members, more in line with something like Skyteam. A unified baggage allowance policy for elites, plus priority baggage, and even priorty security.

Josh
Old Oct 29, 2010, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback and welcome.

Originally Posted by m0hamed
I would like to see more of a distinction between SG and WP following recent "enhancements."
Just to clarify, what would this mean to you? (others feel free to chime in)
Old Oct 29, 2010, 1:01 am

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Privilege Elite, Velocity Platinum
I strongly agree with the above posters in their desire to see a greater distinction between Platinum and Gold membership. Priority boarding, the return of anytime lounge access and expedited checkin processes would all be extremely welcome from where I sit.

It's extremely frustrating to leave the lounge, only to be caught in the middle of an extremely long line, then struggle to find overhead space on a 737 and even 767.

Additionally I have noticed that (domestic) Business checkin has been downsized lately with a single agent, or even no agent available and having to join the Qantas/Gold queue doesn't make me feel that the high levels of business I give to Qantas is worthwhile.

Internationally, I greatly appreciate the service levels offered in terms of the personal welcome regardless of travel class, priority boarding, First lounge access. It would be great to see greater alignment to the international offerings wherever possible.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 1:16 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
The assisted award booking fee is absurd when it is impossible to book some destinations over the web. OK, I'll accept the assisted fee if I am being lazy and asking a phone agent to do it when I could do it myself, but why charge this "fine" when there is no option but to go via a phone agent? It only makes for a difficult exchange when we say "but I cant book it over the web so why charge me extra?"
Old Oct 29, 2010, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bugayev
I strongly agree with the above posters in their desire to see a greater distinction between Platinum and Gold membership.
Just to clarify, could you give examples of potential distinctions?
Old Oct 29, 2010, 2:07 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by og
The assisted award booking fee is absurd when it is impossible to book some destinations over the web. OK, I'll accept the assisted fee if I am being lazy and asking a phone agent to do it when I could do it myself, but why charge this "fine" when there is no option but to go via a phone agent? It only makes for a difficult exchange when we say "but I cant book it over the web so why charge me extra?"
To add to my posting and give an example of how WP could be further differentiated from SG, perhaps WP members could have fee free access to phone agents for award bookings. This would be broadly similar to the UA program for their 1Ks (similar to WP).
Old Oct 29, 2010, 2:07 am

Programs: QF WP/Lifetime SG, OW Emerald
I agree with all those, who would like to see priority boarding for domestic flights. I am a platinum frequent flyer and I fly almost exclusively in business class on domestic flights (except the Dash 8 services) and find it quite annoying when I have to queue up behind loads of passengers, who are flying in economy class. One of the perks of business class travel is priority boarding and I would like to see it implemented on Qantas domestic flights.

Another area in which there is room for improvement is the standard of the domestic business lounges. As most of us are aware, there are three domestic lounges, one can use prior to one's flight depending on frequent flyer status, Qantas Club/Chairman's Lounge membership and cabin class, these are; Chairman's Lounge, Business Lounge and Qantas Club.

At present the food offerings, service standard and facilities in the Qantas Club and Business lounge are more or less the same whilst the Chairman's Lounge is significantly better in all areas. I feel that the standard of the service and food/beverage offerings in the Business Lounge should be closer in terms of quality to that of the Chairman's Lounge. The Business Lounge is afterall a reward for Qantas's most frequent flyers (platinum status) as well as travellers in business class.

P.s. I do believe that Qantas are making some enhancements to the domestic business lounges and I await these with interest.

Do Qantas plan at any stage to offer a business class service on Dash 8 services, especially those that last 1.5 - 2 hours? The economy class seats are rather narrow and can get quite uncomfortable after an hour or so.

Last edited by mw331; Oct 29, 2010 at 2:21 am
Old Oct 29, 2010, 2:19 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
'fine' free for Plat anytime phone award bookings are made, for gold if not able to be booked on-line, others have the fines - just one example of differentiation.

Priority boarding lines - yes, improved J lounges domestically - yes, food especially, let's see a few more gluten free options.

Last edited by VH-RMD; Oct 29, 2010 at 3:24 am
Old Oct 29, 2010, 2:33 am

Programs: QFF
Not sure how much of this is under QFF or up to Woolworths but,
The new Woolworths[HSBC]/Qantas credit card. It doesn’t really seem very useful with the current point earn with only 1 point per $1 + the normal everyday rewards earn. If it was 2.5 points per $1 it would be much more useful and worth more of a look.
Though I guess we’d have to take this, and other EDR -> QFF failings, up with WoW?
Old Oct 29, 2010, 2:45 am

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Europcar Privilege Elite, Velocity Platinum
Originally Posted by Red Roo
Just to clarify, could you give examples of potential distinctions?
Hi Red Roo,

I outlined the main points I would see as differentiation in the remainder of my post. In summary these include:
  • Priority boarding,
  • the return of anytime lounge access
  • expedited checkin processes
  • better alignment with international offerings when compared with domestic

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.