Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Lounges moving to an Apple environment

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounges moving to an Apple environment

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by serfty
all I need to do is get used to the skinny keyboards ...
Less chance of debris being stuck in the keyboard as well
Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I just hope there's an accessible USB slot ...
Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
The keyboards have two unless QF somehow blocks them (somewhat unnecessary given the lower risk of viruses etc.)
Old Nov 4, 2010, 1:41 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by simongr
The keyboards have two unless QF somehow blocks them (somewhat unnecessary given the lower risk of viruses etc.)
You just made my day!!! Get real and do your homework
Old Nov 4, 2010, 1:44 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Sorry, I didn't meant to out netbooks.

In any case:If this is the case and is simple to do then all I need to do is get used to the skinny keyboards ...
And that stupid single button mouse...
Old Nov 4, 2010, 2:05 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Originally Posted by vbroucek
And that stupid single button mouse...
Dude when was the last time you used a mac? It's one physical button, but it senses what side you're clicking on and responds accordingly. It's, like, clever and stuff
Old Nov 4, 2010, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by justin_krusty
Dude when was the last time you used a mac? It's one physical button, but it senses what side you're clicking on and responds accordingly. It's, like, clever and stuff
Dude , it might sense the sides, but it is still "single button" isn't it? I just like my two buttons and wheel or preferably my old good three button mouse on my SUN (oops, Oracle) Sparc workstation running Solaris...^
Old Nov 4, 2010, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does it have a 'mid click' function - like in Firefox clicking the wheel like a center button opens the hot link in a new tab - great for bowsing FT.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Dude , it might sense the sides, but it is still "single button" isn't it? I just like my two buttons and wheel or preferably my old good three button mouse on my SUN (oops, Oracle) Sparc workstation running Solaris...^
I use two buttons all the time on my Mac. What's the problem? In fact the OS is well configured to take advantage of both options.

Even all apple mice have two buttons now. It is a single piece of covering plastic, but clicking on the right provides a right click, and clicking on the left, the left. What more could you ask for?

FWIW, I also like the 3 button mice from years gone past, but that is another story.

In fact, with all the gestures that Apple implemented in Snow Leopard, there is a hell of a lot of functionality provided by the OS in this department. You might want to do some research before making these sorts of posts. In fact if you come from a Solaris background, you would be very comfortable in the Mac environment.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Does it have a 'mid click' function - like in Firefox clicking the wheel like a center button opens the hot link in a new tab - great for bowsing FT.
There are ways to do this.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 1:54 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Macs in BNE

Noice....

Option to choose MacOS or W7Pro at the welcome screen. Fast speeds, and great screens. Still no decent browser (Firefox ) tho'.

However, the defaults in IE save all your history - so make sure you click on "Safety" (near the top right), and "Delete Browsing History".

In all - thanks QF it's a big improvement!
Old Nov 24, 2010, 2:14 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
I prefer my 5 button mouse with centre wheel.
I too old to want to change my ways now.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 4:13 pm

I'm honestly quite impressed that despite the all-Apple deal, Qantas appears to have insisted on Win7 (well, I mean, I'm sure it wasn't Apple insisting on it, although of course it's also good for them to show that a Mac can run Windows) - and then gone to the little extra effort to whip up that nice boot menu as well.

I know, it's small stuff, but I believe that the small stuff often makes a big difference.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by willyroo
However, the defaults in IE save all your history - so make sure you click on "Safety" (near the top right), and "Delete Browsing History".
Sorry to disappoint you, but this deletes only the "easy to get" history. Anyone with bit of eforensics skills can still recover anything you did...
Old Nov 24, 2010, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry to disappoint you, but this deletes only the "easy to get" history. Anyone with bit of eforensics skills can still recover anything you did...
Not this little black duck ... I install FireFox, then remove it (and all caching) when finished.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.