Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas -Etihad Coeshare agreement to end from 1 Oct '10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas -Etihad Coeshare agreement to end from 1 Oct '10

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2010, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Exclamation Qantas -Etihad Coeshare agreement to end from 1 Oct '10

Get those flights in..the EY/DJ marriage is well an truly here to stay.
Not sure how this will effect QF..first GF and now EY codeshares to ME gone. Maybe they will pitch at QR when they start?

Only other options to ME from Aus with OW are:

1. RJ (QF to BKK or HKG then connect with RJ to ME via AMM)
2. CX to either DXB or BAH/RUH via HKG(beware that HKG DXB/BAH/RUH routes dont always use new herringbone J config but older J seating)
3. ?JL (they codeshare with EK from NRT to ME so not sure any status or points beyond NRT will be awarded despite a JL flight number)

CJ

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Aug 29, 2010 at 10:24 pm
Old Aug 29, 2010, 9:58 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
But RJ is a member of OW. Why wouldn't QF just sell QF to SIN and then onwards with RJ? I wonder how many people actually flew the EY/QF codeshare? We always flew EY direct.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

My company has a travel agreement with QF, hence QF it was, codeshare or otherwise. Further the RJ option would mean a 2 tranist and backtracking option if you had a Gulf city destination(which other than BEY most of my trips are)

I guess I'll stick with CX now until QF comes up with another ME partner(should they indeed bother). I think CX is a superior option to RJ/QF.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:45 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
My company has a travel agreement with QF, hence QF it was, codeshare or otherwise. Further the RJ option would mean a 2 tranist and backtracking option if you had a Gulf city destination(which other than BEY most of my trips are)

I guess I'll stick with CX now until QF comes up with another ME partner(should they indeed bother). I think CX is a superior option to RJ/QF.
There is nothing superior about CX operating regional Business class from HKG to some of their middle east destinations.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by og
There is nothing superior about CX operating regional Business class from HKG to some of their middle east destinations.
Agreed but as a whole less transits is appealing when doing a multi destination trip. The older seating also I'm told is sporadic as there are times the new herringbone config is used. I also think on the ground CX is going to handle processes a tad better. I've heard very mixed reports on RJ ground handling.
CJ
Old Aug 30, 2010, 1:34 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
From all the mumblings re the deal with DJ it appears that QF arent that interested in having a ME partner and plan to fly JQ to the region soon.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 3:51 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Not sure how this will effect QF..first GF and now EY codeshares to ME gone. Maybe they will pitch at QR when they start?
When they start? They've been flying to Australia, since last December. Oops correction, you are right. As far as QF is concerned, QR have been flying only to Melbourne since last December, but not Australia
Old Aug 30, 2010, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lokijuh
When they start? They've been flying to Australia, since last December. Oops correction, you are right. As far as QF is concerned, QR have been flying only to Melbourne since last December, but not Australia
Duly noted but didn't you know SYD=AUS=SYD just look at the Aussie marketing we send OS..Opera House and the Bridge-what else is there?

I can't help but feel EY has lost just a tad of prestige by marrying in with virgin brands.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 7:36 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
....I can't help but feel EY has lost just a tad of prestige by marrying in with virgin brands.
Perhaps they have bought into DJ's new CEOs claim to offer a better J than QF within a year (he should know, being ex-QF). We'll see how the execution goes, but DJ does seem to be making some credible big-dollar investments into upgrading their service.
Old Aug 30, 2010, 9:57 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
I can't help but feel EY has lost just a tad of prestige by marrying in with virgin brands.
I know EY have a good reputation towards the front of the plane (but then again it seems VA have picked up some kudos for the J cabin). But down the back of the plane, I wouldn't consider EY that prestigous, certainly not what I've heard. And is EY interested in prestige or the mass market (an example of this being Etihad Stadium)?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:37 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by lokijuh
And is EY interested in prestige or the mass market (an example of this being Etihad Stadium)?
I was at the launch of Etihad Stadium, coinciding with their MEL launch, and it certainly was prestigious. Dannii Minogue hosted, the Wallabies were there, Ferraris on display and there was a fashion parade by the designer of the uniforms. It was executed like an A list event. My contact said that the attendees were "Ladies who lunch" from Melbourne society who they were targeting.

I believe in Australia they target the premium markets, although their Y product is generally full of first, second, third generation migrants going back to visit friends and relatives.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
I can't help but feel EY has lost just a tad of prestige by marrying in with virgin
I believe it's expected in EY's home markets.

Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:56 am

Programs: UA/Plat, AS MPV
Originally Posted by CO FF

Should we expect a public display of the sheets the morning after?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 1:37 am

Originally Posted by CO FF

It has to be remembered that the days of the Italian,Greek and even the Yugoslavian Airlines bringing home their people are long dead.Singapore Airlines and Thai are the Airlines who bring these people home too
Old Sep 2, 2010, 6:14 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by LOLABUNNY
It has to be remembered that the days of the Italian,Greek and even the Yugoslavian Airlines bringing home their people are long dead.Singapore Airlines and Thai are the Airlines who bring these people home too
Actually EY is chasing the Greek and Italian as well as Arab markets in Australia. Just look at their sponsorship of these film festivals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.