Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas -Etihad Coeshare agreement to end from 1 Oct '10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas -Etihad Coeshare agreement to end from 1 Oct '10

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 6:16 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by LOLABUNNY
It has to be remembered that the days of the Italian,Greek and even the Yugoslavian Airlines bringing home their people are long dead.Singapore Airlines and Thai are the Airlines who bring these people home too
Whooshhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 4, 2010, 4:04 pm

Programs: Qantas platinum Etihad Gold Elite HH Gold Hyatt Diamond Virgin Gold
Does anyone know if this changes the Etihad/Qantas lounge agreement in Aus. I know it was in place well before the QF/EY codeshare agreement but get the feeling it might not last.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 12:34 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Lounge agreements have nothing to do with alliances! For example BA in NRT stopped using a Oneworld lounge and instead bought space from a Skyteam lounge -- about an extreme an example as it is possible to have. Whatever business case made the EY use of QF lounges possible is unchanged, so I would imagine that EY would continue to use QF lounges (not too many alternatives).
Old Sep 5, 2010, 12:46 am

Programs: Qantas platinum Etihad Gold Elite HH Gold Hyatt Diamond Virgin Gold
I guess if Etihad are in for the long haul (so to speak) they could build their own lounges in Australia like Emirates. We can dream...............
Old Sep 5, 2010, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Republicau
I guess if Etihad are in for the long haul (so to speak) they could build their own lounges in Australia like Emirates. We can dream...............
My guess is EY will end up using the lounge that V Australia uses. Further I don't think EY is sophisticated enough to have its own lounges. They are not doing well financially at all and I cant help but think they are a GF all over again. I may be wrong.

CJ
Old Sep 5, 2010, 5:34 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
well, all the GF Australia staff went to EY. In fact, Cramer Ball who was the Australia CEO of GF, is the EY Regional Manager. Other staff simply transferred over.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m0hamed
well, all the GF Australia staff went to EY. In fact, Cramer Ball who was the Australia CEO of GF, is the EY Regional Manager. Other staff simply transferred over.
Yes, I was aware of the GF personnel transfer. Craimer Ball tried in vain to get me to fly EY and join the EY FF programme. I refused - didn't ever want to be part of another GF pullout scenario. QF/OW may be a little more pricey but at least I know it's my home carrier and I'm supporting fellow Aussies with much less chance of a 'pullout'
Old Sep 5, 2010, 5:53 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
yes, but good for contacts we made at GF

I think EY get offended that when I keep mentioning that I generally fly OW....
Old Sep 7, 2010, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Update on QF/EY Codeshare

For those who use the codeshare services the following rules apply regarding bookings and the earning of QF sc's and FF points:

Must be ticketed by 29 Sep '10
Travel must be completed by 29 Nov '10

If your travel is after these dates you will be reverted to EY paper no SC's and no FFP and no refund of any difference in fare.

CJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.