Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Any seat rewards and earning status/points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any seat rewards and earning status/points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Question Any seat rewards and earning status/points

Hi - I wonder if anyone has already booked those any seat rewards either using points or points+pay into X or U class, and have travelled and have points and status posted successfully into their accounts?
Is this now a permanent feature of the QFF programme or is this only valid for a certain promotional period? Thanks.
Gerald
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have a look at this post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14180972-post11.html
Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Mwenenzi, but they have not flown those flight sectors yet since they booked them for the OzFest next year.
I would be curious to know if anyone who has had Any Seat Rewards booked into X and/or U (ie same inventory as from the Classic Awards), and has already flown on those booked sectors have had their points and status credits posted correctly?
Gerald
Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:07 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
It is a permanent feature and no special promotional applies (yet). The cost varies so much that it is rarely attractive except to cross an SC threshold I suppose, so you are not going to get many FT'ers who have used this new award. I found pricing up to 700% more than for the identical classic award (which was also available for the same flight), and best case was 30% more (for SYD-MEL in J on a few flights). Maybe there are some bargain priced flights somewhere in the system, but finding them is too cumbersome to be an FT strategy.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:26 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I found some totally by accident. I was looking at MEL-BNE, the Y price was like 20k points (one way) and the J price (this was any seat award I checked twice) was 28k (!).. I thought that was worth it for 60SC is one needed that to get over the line. I do admit most of the prices are over the top, but I thought that was reasonable. I didn't get it though but was very tempted.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
There are quite a few AFF members who have combined any seat awards with the recent double SC promo to achieve/renew status.

More here:

Last edited by serfty; Jul 2, 2010 at 12:47 am
Old Jul 2, 2010, 2:22 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Can one credit to AA ?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Well I have recently made two Any Seat Award bookings, have been ticketed but have not flown them yet.
One is ADL-PER-SIN booked into X class.
The other is ADL-MEL-SIN booked into U class.
I booked both from the Any Seat Award booking engine and found the combination of using points + pay as good as booking these flights from the classic awards site instead. So I am concerned whether the booking engine has booked these as classic awards although they show up as Any Seat Awards points deduction in my QF FF account activities page.
When I print the e-ticket receipts from the checkmytrip website, the fare basis are XBPASROW and UBPASROW respectively and the e-tics seemed to have been issued by
INTERNET ANY SEAT REDEMPTION
203 COWARD STREET
I assume that I will be earning points and SCs even though they are booked as X and U? I know that these are now eligible earning classes according to the airline earn table but I hope that QF will have some means of distinguishing X and U booked as Any Seat Awards vs X and U booked as classic awards so that I will not end up chasing QF for points and SC after my flights, hence my original post asking if any one have already done this (as booked into X or U, or even P class) and have had their points and SC posted correctly. Thanks.
Gerald
Old Jul 2, 2010, 4:17 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by harryhv
Can one credit to AA ?
You can, but you earn according to the AAdvantage fare class schedule (currently 0 for all of the QFF award categories of P, U, Z, X ... P earns as paid F only on AA flights). In practice it is only for QFF credit as the fare class doesn't get changed to a paying fare class (rather QFF recognizes it as earning).

Last edited by number_6; Jul 2, 2010 at 7:11 pm
Old Jul 2, 2010, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check out the QFF T&C. I do note that Qantas have significantly refined their earning table for QF flights:
Code:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Qantas (QF)       EGLMNOQSV                        Discount Economy    1     -
                  X (when booked as an Any Seat    Discount Economy    1     -
                  Award only)*
                  BHK (International)              Discount Economy    1     -
                  BHK (Australian domestic)        Economy             1     -
                  YBHK (Qantas marketed operated   Economy             1     -
                  by Jetstar)
                  Y                                Economy             1     -
                  RTW                              Premium Economy     1     10%
                  Z (when booked as an Any Seat    Premium Economy     1     10%
                  Award only)*
                  CDIJ                             Business            1     25%
                  U (when booked as an Any Seat    Business            1     25%
                  Award only)*
                  AF                               First               1     50%
                  P (when booked as an Any Seat    First               1     50%
                  Award only)*
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Status Credits are earned on all eligible booking classes.
                  * Qantas Segments booked in X, U, Z or P classes are eligible to earn 
                  Points and Status Credits only when booked as part of a Qantas & Jetstar 
                  Any Seat Award.
                  Excluded: Points and Status Credits are not earned on Qantas codeshare
                  flights (ie flights with a QF flight number) operated by Jetstar other 
                  than in Economy classes of B, H, K or Y.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:12 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Thought I'd just post some madness I just witnessed on the QF website with any seat awards:

Sun Jul 25: MEL-BNE

QF614: J is 28,264 points (most flights this day are this value. Y is between 15k-22k)

BUT WAIT!

QF616: J is 123,329 (they offer prices for all Y options starting at 22,136).

Same for QF618, but 620, 622 etc are back to 28,264 for J.

And most fun of all, a jetstar jetflex fare? 35,686.

Let me see. J seat, service and SC's for 28,264 vs. JQ everything for 35,686. umm....

yield management at its finest!
Old Jul 9, 2010, 2:14 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
didn't they recently lose their expert yield manager to DJ with JB?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

More likely they want QFF points spent.

Note the current award seat promotion for travel May/June next year.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 8:54 am
Original Poster

I am pleased to report that my points have been posted correctly and promptly. This is a recent trip ADL-PER-SIN booked in X class as an any seat reward. Looks like there is an automatic flag in the reservations to distinguish X any seat reward from X classic award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.