Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chasing points from LAN flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:24 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Just another data point: My Lan J flights,Syd-AKl return, in June both automatically posted to my QF account three days after my return....I was quite surprised as I've read all the difficulties others have had. I had already scanned the BPs, ready to send to QF...
Old Aug 22, 2010, 5:26 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Just to let people know.
My LA801 flight last Saturday has credited my QF account, quite fast.
I did put in an online claim on Tuesday but i do not know if this caused the credit. Will report if it rejects on the account.
Update.
It appears my online missing points claim rejected with the message of duplicate claim.
From this farstar and kpc it appears the LA801 flights now automatically credit within 3 days of the flight and no need to chase up anymore.^
Old Aug 28, 2010, 1:31 am

Programs: QF-Gold
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Update.
It appears my online missing points claim rejected with the message of duplicate claim.
From this farstar and kpc it appears the LA801 flights now automatically credit within 3 days of the flight and no need to chase up anymore.^
I do AKL-SCL-LIM-SCL-AKL fairly regularly. Every time LA800/801 has automatically credited to my QFF account without me doing anything. From reading this thread it appears that it is the SYD-AKL-SYD flights that have been more difficult.

However... for the first time ever, my SCL-LIM failed to credit (LIM-SCL was fine). After waiting the 14 days, I filed an online missing points claim and now see the "unsuccessful - duplicate claim" message mentioned by Blackcloud. Could this message mean the points are in the process of being credited? The flight was more than a month ago now...
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:18 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, HH Blue, SPG PLatinum
LAN mismatch

The strange thing I find is that although LAN sc never post without prompting, the booking lways shows up on your Qantas account but CX does not and their booking ref is only 5 digits
Old Nov 26, 2010, 7:31 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
I noticed the J fare syd akl syd is around double of what I paid 12 months ago. When did this happen? Does anyone know what past trends in LAN fares show? Sure scuttles the MR.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:51 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Storyteller
I noticed the J fare syd akl syd is around double of what I paid 12 months ago. When did this happen? Does anyone know what past trends in LAN fares show? Sure scuttles the MR.
Check the fare on expedia.com.au or Lan (US site)....you will find that it costs around AUD$750 on the first site, and just under USD$700 on the second (there is a 10% sale on the Lan website at moment).
Old Nov 26, 2010, 4:06 pm

I'm taking my first AKL-SYD I fare in a week or so and this thread seems to have gone from the SC's almost never being auto credited to now being fixed and the SC's appear relatively quick.

Will see what my experience is and report back.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 10:00 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Points for 2 LA domestic Chile flights appeared within 48 hrs of flight time. Likewise, QF321 SYD-SCL points appeared within 48 hrs.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 2:24 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Originally Posted by kpc
Check the fare on expedia.com.au or Lan (US site)....you will find that it costs around AUD$750 on the first site, and just under USD$700 on the second (there is a 10% sale on the Lan website at moment).
Thanks for the info. Wow! what a difference to the $1230 on the lan.com.au site (& where it was $700 this time last year.)

Busy looking into fares & ?MR to maybe do the DO in NZ mid December.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:32 am

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Originally Posted by grozzy
I had a flight from AKL-SYD on LAN on 27th Feb. I waited a week but nothing turned up in my account.I went to claim missing points on the QF site, filled in my details and got the automatic email reply.
What is the earliest date to claim points for a missing OW flight? Had several ones on Oct. 21, which didn't show up.So I tried to enter it after one week, but got an error message online.
Is there a minimum waiting time to request OW flight points ?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:02 am

Nobody ?
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by TheAirman
What is the earliest date to claim points for a missing OW flight? Had several ones on Oct. 21, which didn't show up.So I tried to enter it after one week, but got an error message online.
Is there a minimum waiting time to request OW flight points ?
What does it say when you try to submit the online claim?

Last edited by serfty; Nov 7, 2014 at 4:18 pm
Old Nov 7, 2014, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
What does it say when you try to submit the online claim?
"We are unable to action your request at this time. Try again later."

I get that constantly whenever I try to retro claim.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by TheAirman
"We are unable to action your request at this time. Try again later."

I get that constantly whenever I try to retro claim.
I would suggest that if it's more than three weeks after the flight you should call Qantas.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.