Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

DL - YUL-HNL - 1746 CAD / $1290 USD r/t - Domestic First

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL - YUL-HNL - 1746 CAD / $1290 USD r/t - Domestic First

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2024 | 11:18 am
Original Poster
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by findark
Those are AC fares and require AC flights. The UA fares are much more flexible. For example, a CAD 639.00 base fare just fell outside of the AP window (fly by 27-Apr, 30-day AP) on YYZ-OGG, with no issues routing via ORD or DEN.

Even USD 2k round-trip from YYZ booking into D (current YYZ-HNL base) is a very fair price for that high of a booking code.

But my broader point is that Delta systemically prohibits flying scheduled Delta One service on reasonable fares, whereas UA has no such policy. Not to mention, UA actually flies to neighbor islands from its non-coastal hubs, something DL can barely claim.
Ok, that's fair. You are right that Delta does their best to stop you from flying Delta One at a reasonable price! I have posted here before that I thought Delta was often overpriced! Adding $700 USD will get you more options, true. I looked at that fare you're referring to a few weeks ago. It might have allowed you to route through ORD / DEN at a reasonable price, but it also only allowed you to travel from like late March to April 30, so it had other restrictions besides routing restrictions.

Last edited by cruser1; Apr 1, 2024 at 11:28 am
Old Apr 1, 2024 | 11:32 am
Flyertalk Evangelist, Moderator: United Airlines MlleagePlus
5 Years on Site

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by cruser1
It might have allowed you to route through ORD / DEN at a reasonable price, but it also only allowed you to travel from like late March to April 30, so it had other restrictions besides routing restrictions.
Yeah, I don't mean to imply you can fly UA widebodies for USD 1,200 at all times, but the UA fares to do that come and go from Canadian markets . And for what is the stage length of a mid-TATL flight, honestly all of these prices are a steal.

They've been fixing it up a lot in recent years, but it wasn't that long ago when full fare was $2,xxx round-trip (ed. probably one-way, my memory is spotty).
cruser1 likes this.

Last edited by findark; Apr 1, 2024 at 12:28 pm
Old Apr 1, 2024 | 11:42 am
Formerly known as tireman77
50 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Originally Posted by findark
Yeah, I don't mean to imply you can fly UA widebodies for USD 1,200 at all times, but the UA fares to do that come and go from Canadian markets . And for what is the stage length of a mid-TATL flight, honestly all of these prices are a steal.

They've been fixing it up a lot in recent years, but it wasn't that long ago when full fare was $2,xxx round-trip.
I used YUL-Hawaii in J on UA to secure E50k twice. Almost 16k SQMs for $1,600CAD... Plus you get to fly to Hawaii...
findark and cruser1 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2024 | 12:27 pm
Original Poster
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by PLeblond
I used YUL-Hawaii in J on UA to secure E50k twice. Almost 16k SQMs for $1,600CAD... Plus you get to fly to Hawaii...
Yeah, these flights are a great value for the distance flown! If you flew a similar distance in the other direction the price would at least double!
Old Apr 1, 2024 | 3:41 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'
20 Years on Site

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I know this is the premium forum, but $535USD/$726CAD for the same flights in economy is a pretty spectacular deal in its own right.
cruser1 and Rim1 like this.
Old Apr 1, 2024 | 4:13 pm
Original Poster
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
I know this is the premium forum, but $535USD/$726CAD for the same flights in economy is a pretty spectacular deal in its own right.
That is a great deal! You an get even lower than that in September and October.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

aisleorwindow likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2024 | 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
I used to fly the EWR-HNL non-stop twice a month back when it was CO.

Are the planes, seats, and service all the same? The seats have to be at least 20 years old...
Old Apr 2, 2024 | 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by notsosmart
I used to fly the EWR-HNL non-stop twice a month back when it was CO.

Are the planes, seats, and service all the same? The seats have to be at least 20 years old...
Last time I flew it was the 2-1-2 config on ex-CO 767-400s. but it looks like they've been upgraded to Polaris. I think CO bought those circa 2020

If you want old my cousin flew DEN-IAH last week on N777UA - the first 777 delivered to an airline in May 1995.

Anyone thinks Boeing doesn't make good planes will find an argument from me.
notsosmart and cruser1 like this.
Old Apr 2, 2024 | 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Last time I flew it was the 2-1-2 config on ex-CO 767-400s. but it looks like they've been upgraded to Polaris. I think CO bought those circa 2020

If you want old my cousin flew DEN-IAH last week on N777UA - the first 777 delivered to an airline in May 1995.

Anyone thinks Boeing doesn't make good planes will find an argument from me.
No argument here. I have a huge problem with their private equity mentality, but those morons weren't there when the 767 and 777 were designed, built, and sold.

And thanks for the answer - that might be worth the positioning from IND for me...
Old Apr 3, 2024 | 7:06 am

Originally Posted by notsosmart
No argument here. I have a huge problem with their private equity mentality, but those morons weren't there when the 767 and 777 were designed, built, and sold.

And thanks for the answer - that might be worth the positioning from IND for me...
Can't speak for IND as a POS but from YUL the EWR are still more expensive. I can sometimes route through ORD where they operate the 787-10 for reasonable cost, but it often won't provide P fares on that dynamic ticket. Maybe it would from IND.

Most deals are 2 stop on all narrow body with the occasional widebody on the SFO-HNL/OGG route.
notsosmart likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024 | 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can't speak for IND as a POS but from YUL the EWR are still more expensive. I can sometimes route through ORD where they operate the 787-10 for reasonable cost, but it often won't provide P fares on that dynamic ticket. Maybe it would from IND.

Most deals are 2 stop on all narrow body with the occasional widebody on the SFO-HNL/OGG route.
That's pretty much what I'm seeing. But if you search far enough, you can get EWR-HNL and HNL-ORD on the return. My problem is that our schedule is extremely tight, so if those flights go away, we have few alternatives.

Also, IND-YUL adds a considerable amount to the cost of the ticket.
Old Apr 3, 2024 | 10:00 am

I found some dates in January that could work on DL.

2 stop with 1/6 segments on lie flat. On the outbound 30 minutes at MSP and 67 minutes at SEA so a really good chance at a schedule change.

I usually fly on the *A family so can anyone tell me how flexible DL usually is on rerouting to a 1 stop with a long lie flat (eg JFK) in the case of a schedule change?

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.