Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LH/LX/SQ - DUB-SIN - 3512 EUR / $3795 r/t - Suites (First)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/LX/SQ - DUB-SIN - 3512 EUR / $3795 r/t - Suites (First)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Earlier today Lufthansa and SWISS must have been having technical problems with their website. I couldn't search for flights to/from any city. The Auto Complete feature on the form wasn't working so it didn't matter what I would put into the Origin / Destination field it would error.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:55 pm
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
PookieMalibu25
I booked one of these (ex-CPH). Both long haul legs on SQ. Two months or so after booking, there was a schedule change. I reached out to LH and was rebooked on LX F for the outbound.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
[QUOTE=PookieMalibu25;36117558Granted my children are very well behaved and adapt well to new environments.[/QUOTE]

Never met a parent who thought otherwise . . .
Fliar, SK AAR, DTS and 7 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by DTS
PookieMalibu25
I booked one of these (ex-CPH). Both long haul legs on SQ. Two months or so after booking, there was a schedule change. I reached out to LH and was rebooked on LX F for the outbound.
Ohh trust me, I know about EU airline and flight cancellations. We bought one of the LH/LX companion fares on our honeymoon a few year back. Had like 3 schedule changes. Fast forward roughly 5 years and we caught an amazingly cheap J fare for our anniversary trip to Marrakech (albeit on AF) and same thing, flight changes due to weather in the US. We were able to rebook out of a more convenient airport for us (ATL vs. MIA). Another schedule change, but by the grace of God, our trip caused us to leave the day of the earthquake.

Praying that happens again (except the earthquake)
cruser1 and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DTS
Curious if folks would consider this an improvement or not.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
cruser1 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
Hahaha!

Originally Posted by dkc192
I would not, but it's all personal opinion! The
There are many additional dates where you can book LH/LX F or SQ F on a 777, but I chose to highlight suites availability.

​​​​​​​The first class terminal is a more impressive experience than the private room, but I like the seat/suite on SQ's A380 better than what LH/LX offers.

Last edited by cruser1; Mar 28, 2024 at 7:32 pm
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:35 pm

Not even through March and cruser1 have blown through my 2024 travel budget. I swear he is trying to make me a million miler on multiple airlines.
AJO, TEDisgone, cruser1 and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 9:28 pm
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Good question. Not sure. Though the “cheapest” way for me to fly LX F, which I have not done in more than 10 years and will not be able to do by redeeming miles.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by cruser1
Hahaha!

I would not, but it's all personal opinion! The
There are many additional dates where you can book LH/LX F or SQ F on a 777, but I chose to highlight suites availability.

The first class terminal is a more impressive experience than the private room, but I like the seat/suite on SQ's A380 better than what LH/LX offers.
For me the tarmac transfer is the main selling point that puts AF, LX and LH (in order of best hard product IMO) above the "second tier" of carriers that offer F (e.g. - QR, EK, EH, ANA etc.). I hate traversing the airports. I'm fat and I sweat. Needing another shower after taking a shower in the lounge sucks. Moving from terminal to terminal in a luxury German automobile beats people movers and elevators any ole day of the week. Also, I don't think there's a question that the LX F, especially on the 777 is far and away better than the comparable products on LH metal. Maybe SQ will surprise me, but I think it may just be another box checked off on the AvGeek bucket list.
cruser1 likes this.

Last edited by PookieMalibu25; Mar 28, 2024 at 10:25 pm
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DTS
Good question. Not sure. Though the “cheapest” way for me to fly LX F, which I have not done in more than 10 years and will not be able to do by redeeming miles.
That's a valid reason for booking LX F! For those of us outside of Europe earning M&M miles is incredibly difficult to redeem for LH'LX F.

Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
Not even through March and cruser1 have blown through my 2024 travel budget. I swear he is trying to make me a million miler on multiple airlines.
Haha! This made me chuckle and my wife was asking me what I was laughing at! A million miler in multiple programs would be quite the feat!

It sounds like you're in a similar situation to me! Our travel budget is almost gone, but thankfully we are also running out of time to book more travel, so the earliest we could book something at the moment would be Nov / Dec 2024.

In the last decade I have flown more than 500k miles, but it has been spread out across airline alliances and includes several international award tickets, so none of my airline accounts actually show that much travel. My AA account has the highest balance toward million miler at 297k and I currently have Executive Platinum status. I also have Aegean Gold status, but they don't keep track of how many miles you've flown or offer a lifetime benefit. In the past decade I have also held Flying Blue Platinum many years (the app used to show total mileage flown, but doesn't seem to anymore) and occasionally held BA Gold instead of AA status or UA Platinum / 1K instead of Aegean Gold status.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Outbound from ZRH the catering on LX is better & you can use the excellent E FCL, otherwise from FRA & ZRH on SQ it is just the SEN lounges
cruser1 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Outbound from ZRH the catering on LX is better & you can use the excellent E FCL, otherwise from FRA & ZRH on SQ it is just the SEN lounges
Becoming less and less concerned about the lounges but I do agree SEN lounge will be overly crowded compared to any top notch F lounge (esp. true at LH for FRA and LX for ZRH). The ZRH F lounges are some of the best I've seen save Al Safwa and La Premiere (which is only special due to pure exclusivity and tranquility).

Cruser, can you find us some discounted La Premiere fares? I caught one in 2018 but haven't seen anything remotely reasonably since.
chris63 and cruser1 like this.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:45 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by PookieMalibu25
Cruser, can you find us some discounted La Premiere fares? I caught one in 2018 but haven't seen anything remotely reasonably since.
There is no La Premiere discount offer. Air France keeps pricing for La Premiere in an exclusive price range. I started a thread in the AF forum with La Premiere promotion prices, but don't expect to get anything under the 6.000€ mark.
In earlier days you could find decent offers from TUN or ALG - but these airports are no longer sweet spots in that respect.

Here you go ... La Premiere offers

The only way you can sneak into LaPremiere is to hope for a discounted airport upgrade during checkin. Last year I was offered an upgrade for two CDG-SIN tickets for 1600€/pax from a deep discount business class ticket.

There is also a thread collecting data points regarding La Premiere upgrades
Paid Upgrade Business (Affaires) to First (La Premiere)?

The best deal was purchasing one of the AM cheapish BCN-CDG-MEX-GRU tickets for around 1600€ roundtrip and getting a cheap LP upgrade on the CDG-MEX or MEX-CDG segment. Upgrade prices were around 999€ for one segment. Unfortunately AF started to serve MEX on A350 so not all flights have LP anymore
cruser1 and DiamondMile like this.

Last edited by f0zzyNUE; Mar 29, 2024 at 1:52 am
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
There is no La Premiere discount offer. Air France keeps pricing for La Premiere in an exclusive price range. I started a thread in the AF forum with La Premiere promotion prices, but don't expect to get anything under the 6.000€ mark.
In earlier days you could find decent offers from TUN or ALG - but these airports are no longer sweet spots in that respect.

Here you go ... La Premiere offers
The last good one I remember (booking) was BOS-BIO via JFK/CDG. I am remembering $2700 via Amex IAP. Flight was so horrendous though that Mrs. cfischer made it clear ... no more Air France LP!

The ZRH F lounge is nice, but not sure I would book via ZRH just for that reason. Plenty other good reasons to book via ZRH though
f0zzyNUE and cruser1 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.