Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

YUL/YYZ-NCE or XWG and others, business. AC or KL -$2900

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2024, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

I spotted this fare out of YQR on AC to XWG and NCE for $3300 (good for YXE and YWG as well). YYZ is a few hundred less on AC, UA, or KL, depending on the dates. I put YYZ in the subject as YQR/YXE are probably not attractive to most people as a departure point.

There seem to be quite a few cities in Europe showing up on Google flights at these prices on a variety of Star Alliance and KL/AF flights/routings. Seem to be good for April and May. I am even seeing BA for some dates. It’s not the best deal we’ve ever seen, but pretty decent.
liquidpop and Eagle2000 like this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, IHG Spire, Marriot Gold
AC / LH / UA: yvr-cdg/nce/mrs - $2320 bcn/mad/lis $2482 RT

Did some searches for Northern Spain and Southern France yielded these flights. They look to be good through May of this year.

CDG sample:
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...8JCe61zgbaQhX6

BCN sample:
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...hA9uvGs64gQxKA

PQP to UA should yield around 3500 PQP. Now I just need one of these in fall of this year...

Last edited by turbox3; Feb 28, 2024 at 7:24 pm
Old Feb 28, 2024, 7:14 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Fares are not too bad for ex-West Coast. Note that fares are around USD $2320/ CAD $3,100.

Doing YVR-YYZ-FRA-NCE on AC could get around 3,800 PQP.

Last edited by hirohito888; Feb 28, 2024 at 7:21 pm
Old Feb 28, 2024, 8:53 pm

BA has matched.
arf04 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 9:38 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
You are seeing a fare to Strasbourg railways station? Or do you mean SXB?
Bleuprince16 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N1120A
You are seeing a fare to Strasbourg railways station? Or do you mean SXB?
These are fares to the train station. It’s an AC booking with an AccessRail connection.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 7:01 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Alberta gets the frigging shaft. Good prices out of the places you listed plus YVR. But fares out of both YYC and YEG suck.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Alberta gets the frigging shaft. Good prices out of the places you listed plus YVR. But fares out of both YYC and YEG suck.
It is surprising for sure. My observation has been that usually if we see a decent price out of YQR it is pricing for a little less out of YYC vs much higher.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 5:22 am
Formerly known as tireman77

AF does not fly to YYC & YEG if I recall. I suspect there are higher business traffic yields in those cities so no need to offer reduced pricing to fill the cabin. Also WS offers YYC-CDG for some very attractive pricing as we see here occasionally so they are picking up the leisure J traveller and there might not be much room left.

I'd love of see the data for sure. .
Old Mar 3, 2024, 12:29 am

There are some decent fares out of YEG/YYC but the destinations are different. YEG/YYC - AMS/VCE/FCO are all in the 3400-3600 CAD neighborhood. MAD works as well but it's a couple of hundred dollars more expensive. There are additional valid destinations as well but those were the major airports that lined up with where I'm trying to go and I don't recall the others. Not superb but considering typical YEG prices, still a substantial advantage.

These are all PRCT17 and are valid for travel Apr 1 to May 31. AC/LH/LX all have them filed (not sure about UA) so there is a fair amount of availability once you account for all the codeshares. ITA seems to be pulling a lot of phantom availability when trying to construct so I've been verifying using EF. Google flights will dig up some routes as well on a standard search.

I really needed BCN which is valid out of YVR but not YEG. Instead I'm using FCO/VCE and purely because I'm a glutton for punishment, hopping over to MXP so I can fly SQ to BCN instead of taking a more straightforward route.
Old Mar 3, 2024, 5:09 am

Programs: AC MM SE, Marriott Titanium - Lifetime Plat 2nd Class, National Executive, Avis PP
Originally Posted by Deathray
There are some decent fares out of YEG/YYC but the destinations are different. YEG/YYC - AMS/VCE/FCO are all in the 3400-3600 CAD neighborhood. MAD works as well but it's a couple of hundred dollars more expensive. There are additional valid destinations as well but those were the major airports that lined up with where I'm trying to go and I don't recall the others. Not superb but considering typical YEG prices, still a substantial advantage.

These are all PRCT17 and are valid for travel Apr 1 to May 31. AC/LH/LX all have them filed (not sure about UA) so there is a fair amount of availability once you account for all the codeshares. ITA seems to be pulling a lot of phantom availability when trying to construct so I've been verifying using EF. Google flights will dig up some routes as well on a standard search.

I really needed BCN which is valid out of YVR but not YEG. Instead I'm using FCO/VCE and purely because I'm a glutton for punishment, hopping over to MXP so I can fly SQ to BCN instead of taking a more straightforward route.
I did the BCN-MXP trip with SQ in the fall (lots of availability on Aeroplan) for the same reason. The flight is quite short and the service was just a basic cold plate (no booking the cook on this one ). Enjoy it.

CC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.