FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - YUL/YYZ-NCE or XWG and others, business. AC or KL -$2900
Old Mar 3, 2024, 12:29 am
Deathray

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Alberta gets the frigging shaft. Good prices out of the places you listed plus YVR. But fares out of both YYC and YEG suck.
There are some decent fares out of YEG/YYC but the destinations are different. YEG/YYC - AMS/VCE/FCO are all in the 3400-3600 CAD neighborhood. MAD works as well but it's a couple of hundred dollars more expensive. There are additional valid destinations as well but those were the major airports that lined up with where I'm trying to go and I don't recall the others. Not superb but considering typical YEG prices, still a substantial advantage.

These are all PRCT17 and are valid for travel Apr 1 to May 31. AC/LH/LX all have them filed (not sure about UA) so there is a fair amount of availability once you account for all the codeshares. ITA seems to be pulling a lot of phantom availability when trying to construct so I've been verifying using EF. Google flights will dig up some routes as well on a standard search.

I really needed BCN which is valid out of YVR but not YEG. Instead I'm using FCO/VCE and purely because I'm a glutton for punishment, hopping over to MXP so I can fly SQ to BCN instead of taking a more straightforward route.