Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Vs j iad-jnb $2,364

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2023, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Vs j iad-jnb $2,364

This includes a long layover in London on the way but it seems like a pretty good deal. This is bookable direct on the Virgin Atlantic website. IAD-LHR-JNB and IAD-JFK-LHR-JNB are both available, depending on if you want to fly on the A351 from JFK or not.

Google Flights
aisleorwindow likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
sounds like a great deal!
Old Nov 16, 2023, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nickohrn
This includes a long layover in London on the way but it seems like a pretty good deal. This is bookable direct on the Virgin Atlantic website. IAD-LHR-JNB and IAD-JFK-LHR-JNB are both available, depending on if you want to fly on the A351 from JFK or not.

Google Flights
Theres also an AmEx offer for VS on US cards.
cfischer likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
that didn't last long ...
boss315 likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2023, 7:17 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond
Seems to be up to $2600 for some dates, not sure if that's the normal price? Still considering, especially with the $300 amex offer
Old Nov 16, 2023, 7:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
No free stopovers right?
i dont have my usual tools to explore fare rules right now.
thanks
Old Nov 17, 2023, 8:28 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I booked it! Thank you.
nickohrn likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2023, 2:09 pm

Programs: VS Silver, SQ Elite Silver, IHG Diamond Elite, AS MVP Gold 75k
Still a date left if someone wants it...Google Flights Link
Old Nov 18, 2023, 8:15 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Ian Z
Still a date left if someone wants it...Google Flights Link
There are several dates left. The search that worked the best for me was using ITA Matrix calendar search. I used a basic business class calendar search for 2 passengers in business from IAD to JNB with dates from 10 to 17 night trips. The ITA routing codes on both the outbound and return legs were VS+. It showed both one stop (via LHR) trips as well as the two stop trips (via JFK-LHR, MSP-LHR, etc).

I am seeing $4737.40 for 2 passengers on several departures starting in July 2024 and continuing through September 2024. The greatest availability seems to be the very end of August 2024 and continuing through the beginning of September 2024. I was able to put the dates I saw in ITA into the VS booking engine and it returned the same fights and fares.

I didn't purchase but took the booking all the way through to the payment page on the VS booking site.

My wife and I are avid safari travelers and the late August/early September dates are actually premium travel days for going the the Kruger Park area.

Expand the spoiler below for a sample.

Spoiler

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.